Gen 3 BlazeCross V.2

Here's a second version of a team revolving around heracross and blaziken. I made one a long time ago but it became outdated.

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sky Uppercut
- Thunderpunch

Primary Sweeper that hits a lot of things.

Heracross (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

MopCross is cool. it's the only set I'm really comfortable using besides the CB one.

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 20 Spd / 16 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Dragon Claw <---- hp electric?
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Wish

wishmence. passes wish around. might add hp electric due to gyrados.

These last 3 pokes hold the team together.

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Rock]

normal resist and last resort zapdos killer. i don't like steelix a lot but it seems to fit the team.

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 148 Atk / 224 Spd / 136 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Swords Dance

tentacruel is awesome. ice beam is there to fuck flygons and salamences over and sub hasn't been working for me. cruel + ludi covers pretty much every water type not named gyrados.

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed
- Rain Dance
- Surf

counters swampert and other bulky water types.

DDers usually get me but I can usually play around them unless it's late game which i'm probably screwed. rate and help please!

good job on the 'difference factor' as i like to call it, first of all.

overall concept is one i like a lot and have used on a few teams recently ie defensive salamence+steelix, and relying on resistences crossing over for special stuff. i love the switching in steelix to take a strong return, then going to mence to take the EQ and lowering attack, and then toxicing/switching out again.

however, your team looks weak in that respect. steelix doesnt like constant HP grass/ice from zapdos/jolteon/raikou, and he doesnt have any way to recover besides ludic's leech seed [EDIT: yes he does, mence's wish, my bad]. If steelix dies, watch out for a multitude of special attacks to cause trouble, like thunderbolts and psychics. [not totally true, but unexpected fireblasts could finish him in one]

if a decent player (the kind this team looks like its meant to battle), had in their team something like CM jirachi, CM espeon, CM celebi, alakazam, CM err anything, id predict, a 4/5-0 result.

you could be boring and add blissey/snorlax/regice but going a long the lines of offensive resistences, something like light screen jirachi/celebi with leech seed, or even a psych upping baton passing umbreon, to go to blaziken if you were insane.

his heracross is fine
why brave on steelix? isnt adamant or impish better
i like protect on wishmence, over one of the attacks, to give it time to heal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)