Blazing Stars 6th Gen: A Post Pokebank Team

Quick Team Preview

This is a complete redone of my team for when Pokebank comes out. As I had trouble coming up with something for PreBank I decided to say "screw it" and started working on this. It's still a major work in progress so all help would be appreciated.

The Team Itself

@ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

The first special wall of my group. Sylveon is a great Pokemon thanks to its high Special Defense and acceptable HP. While it doesn't have the cleric options Vaporeon has it makes up for it with its stats as well as having access to a 117 BP STAB move (thanks to its ability Pixilate). Wish and Protect combine to keep Sylveon healthy while Heal Bell clears any status inflicted on my team. This overall makes her a great supporter as well as a tank as she was able to tank three Pokemon in one match with little trouble. She may be no Chansey or Blissey, but she still gets the job done and does a good job at what she does.​

@ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SDef
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Defog
- Roost

Skarmory replaces Forretress as my first physical wall and one of my trap layers. While Forretress was great at tanking, it was just too slow and had no reliable recovery to take advantage of. It also couldn't hit hard enough make it more of a liability. As such, I swapped it for Skarmory. This is your standard physical tank set with Brave Bird as its attack and Spikes as its trap. Defog was put in to compensate for the lack of a spinner on my team while Roost is there to keep it healthy something that Forretress dreams of having. Skarmory also has that niche in that it doesn't have a 4x weakness to fire allowing it to take a hit when needed.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 Spd / 248 HP / 172 Def
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

The second physical tank of my team as well as my Stealth Rock user. Unlike Gliscor, Landorus-T has a more offensive presence on my team, which is something I was looking for. Thanks to his high attack as well as Intimidate, Landourus-T is able to switch into a number of threats and set up before unleashing havoc with his attacks. Earthquake is hit standard STAB to use and hit hard even with no attack EVs invested. U-Turn is there to allow a quick getaway as well as gives him a way to deal with those weak to Bug namely opposing Celebi. HP Ice, despite the nerf, still handles Dragons very well. The EV spread follows your standard set from B/W, but still works like a charm.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SDef / 116 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

My last tank as well as my second special tank. Heatran is here to handle a lot of threats that otherwise give my team trouble due to the Fire weakness and handles its job very well. This is your standard defensive Heatran with the tools to stall out opposing threats, though there are some changes. Earth Power was included to ensure that Heatran doesn't get walled by opposing Heatran as I can't fully rely on my other members to handle Heatran. The EV spread was used from a suggestion to outspeed most variants of Scisor while still being able to tank hits.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 180 SAtk / 108 Spd
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

My special attacker of the team. I changed Celebi from a special wall to an attacker because I felt that Sylveon and Heatran do a good enough job tanking special attacks. Not only that, but people generally don't expect an offensive Celebi. Anyway, this is a Nasty Plot set that takes advantage of the many switches that Celebi forces. By using Nasty Plot, all of Celebi's attacks do a lot of damage. Giga Drain is used for a reliable STAB as well as Celebi's way of healing itself while Earth Power is there to counter Heatran and other grounded Steel types. HP Fire is used in the last slot to counter Scizor and other Steel types that Earth Power can't hit as well as opposing Grass types. I went with a more bulky spread to ensure that Celebi gets more chances to get a Nasty Plot in, though in return it is generally outsped by a lot of opponents.

@ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

My physical attacker. I decided to go with its Mega Evolution as Choice Band variants lack freedom and Life Orb sets tend to be fragile. Thanks to its Mega Evolution as well as Swords Dance, Scizor becomes a big hard hitter on my team. Bullet Punch and Bug Bite are there as reliable STABs that take advantage of Scizor's ability Technician in its Mega form. Swords Dance is there to boost its already high attack to outstanding levels while Roost lets it recover from damage. The EV spread ensure that Scizor is as bulky as possible so that it can get a SD in while giving it some power to do more damage.

Well that's my team. Please tell me what you think and give any input/criticism on what I should do or change to make this team better.

Import

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SDef
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Defog
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spd
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SDef / 116 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 180 SAtk / 108 Spd
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hmm. Not bad. But the biggest counter I can think of for this team in pokebank is scarf genesect. If rocks are out on yourside, barring charizard, genesect can nail your team with ice beam, u-turn, iron head and flamethrower. Overall. your just unprepared for a strong fire type pokemon (especially under your sun). But as for charizard, I dont really see a purpose of it in your team since your pokemon are even weaker under the sun and none of them takes advantage of its drought. So I think you should switch charizard with Special defensive Heatran. It can tank almost any hit genesect can throw while being able to ko it back. Your team is also pretty slow with your only hope of stopping faster pokemon being scizor's bp. Well try that for now and lemme know what you think

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Got the request!

While stall isn't my forte, I'll try to rate as constructively as possible!

This team looks pretty cool, I must say. I'm worried about Forretress because I don't think it can spin to reliably when there are so many good spinblockers like Aegislash or Trevaunt (and that rare Jellicent) roaming around the tier.

I'm going to opt that you use Skarmory over Forretress. It gets both Spikes and Defog, while you can also use things like Rocky Helmet for more passive damage (+2 to +4 Kangs looks really annoying). I'm going to agree with ito on Specially Defensive Heatran since Genesect looks really annoying to face,and Heatran can reliably defeat Talonflame as well. Heatran can spread around Toxic as well as set up Stealth Rock, which opens up Gliscor for Substitute and Protect over Roost and Stealth Rock, which are the bread and butter for Stall Scor imo since it's much easier to stall out that way.

On Scizor, 252 Hp makes it take like 2 points more from SR than 248 Hp does, so I'd change that pronto.

Good Luck with this :)

Ok. This is a pretty good stall team (my favorite and best playstyle n_n) but it does have several problems that need to be addressed. First and foremost, as the above raters have said, change Charizard-Y to a Specially Defensive Heatran. Use this set:

Heatran@Leftovers/Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
248 hp/144 spdef/116 speed
Careful Nature
-Toxic
-Lava Plume
-Roar
-Stealth Rocks/Taunt/Protect

Alternatively, run 248 hp/100 spdef/160 speed to outspeed Adamant Max Speed Scizor, which can greatly threaten your team with a simple set of Swords Dance/Bullet Punch/Bug Bite/Superpower. However, the first spread should be sufficient in outpseeding all common variants of Scizor. Mega-Scizor is not as big of a threat as it typically runs BP/U turn or Superpower/Roost or Defog/Swords Dance or Roost. So this Heatran also curbstomps basically any Talonflame and Scizor/Genesect variant out there. Taunt can be used to completely shut down Blissey/Chansey but doesn't have much use outside of that. Stealth Rock can also be used as Gliscor typically wants to run Substitute/Toxic/Protect or Taunt/Earthquake. Protect scouts any choiced mon but really doesn't have much use outside of that especially if you are running Air Balloon. So basically Heatran checks a bunch of threats for you while Charizard-Y kinda sits there and clicks Fire Blast.

Gliscor's moveset also needs changing, as your current moveset does not capitalize on Gliscor's strengths, mainly in that it can utilize Substitute+Protect to create an almost never-ending chain. If you want to keep Gliscor's current moveset, I suggest you change it to either Landorus-Therian or Hippowdon. Here are the 3 sets possible:

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
252 hp/184 defense/72 speed (you could run 224 speed but I generally prefer this spread)
Impish Nature
-Toxic
-Substitute
-Protect/Taunt
-Earthquake

This set can stall out opponents almost indefinitely while also providing some cool bulk. It functions more as an annoyer of sorts rather than a physical wall.

Landorus-Therian@Leftovers/Earth Plate
Trait: Intimidate
248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe (a BW spread, still works though)
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Hidden Power Ice/Stone Edge
-U-turn

This set provides more offensive presence and destroys Aegislash. Beware of mixed variants though, as they can deal massive damage with Shadow Ball. Overall a pretty cool mon and checks a lot of threats like Dragonite and Terrakion.

Hippowdon@Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
252 hp/252 def/4 spdef
Impish
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rocks
-Toxic/Whirlwind
-Slack Off

This is the third option for the Gliscor spot. It takes on Banded Terrakion with ease and also walls most physical attackers. All in all a general monster of a wall that will make your opponents cry.

You also have a bad Mixed Aegislash weakness, so perhaps change Scizor to Special ScarfSect.
Genesect@Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
252 speed/248 spattck/8 attack
-U-turn
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam/Bug Buzz

I'm iffy on this change though, as I can't really find a hard counter to Mixed Aegislash and Genesect isn't exactly the best check. It also kinda opens you up more to Mega-Gengar so idk just a random suggestion lol.

So yeah, good luck with your stall team! Oh, and have fun and don't mind all those pissbags who tell you stall sucks balls cause it doesn't. n_n

Thank you for the rating ogasin. Truth be told, I was actually going for a bulky offense team, but now that I think about it stall is a lot more fun to do. The expression on my opponent's face is always priceless. XD

Anyway, made some changes to the team thanks to you guy's suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)