Tournament BLT VI: Group Stage Week 2

alright im back bros. week 2 predicts

Snowbelle Stuffuls (4) vs Azalea Alakazams (4)

Ubers: Plimsoll Punks (70) vs Dandaman99 (30) - dan did win his game though i think it wasnt all that great of a game. pp is a better player imo and should be able to take this pretty cleanly

OU: T0te (40) vs Attribute (60) - neither of these players played all that great last week. however i have seen both of them play better so i wont base my pick off of it. i think attribute is a stronger player and has access to more solid builds while the legendary 0 never switches up his team selection so im going to favor attribute here.

UU: Snofall (75) vs Sam.tan (25) - so last week snofall threw multiple times but so did surfy :( and snofall ended up on top. with that said, snofall is still much better and will favor him. sam did bring a solid team (one with strong match up in fact) but hasnt figured out how to pilot them yet. if he can figure that out, he could start taking games come playoffs

RU: arce9 (49) vs Kingofcrimea (51) - arce9 surprised me last week with a win to clutch his team a win. crimea also played very well in the most anticipated game of last week. this should be a good one. im going to slightly favor crimea in this one as i have a bit more faith in him playing (solely from seeing him play more) but this could go either way.

NU: Epicboost (55) vs Pokeart2004 (45) - this is a weird one. i wasnt all that impressed with either of them last week. however epicboost player the first 15 turns brilliantly...and then proceeded to throw it all in the can. with that said i will favor epic here since he has shown promise, no matter how little it was, and should take this one.

PU: 100%GXE (35) vs Xiri (65) - personally, i think this was a smart move for the stuffuls. gxe is pretty solid at pu and they dont need to leave him in ubers for an easier win. however, i think xiri is still a stronger at pu by miles and shouldnt have too much issue but i wouldnt be surprised if he did

LC: Raj.Shoot (55) vs The Amuse (45) - damn it raj. haxed us to lose the week :psyangry: i really dont wanna pick u to win but skyzuma didnt show up at all in his game last week so raj gets lucky... again

DOU: Boyn (10) vs SMB (90) - i was impressed with how boyn played last week but hes playing against the easiest lock of the season. i cant ser him overcoming the skill gap between them. smb gets the W

Sunyshore Snorlaxes (3) vs Blobby Blue Blastoises (5)

Ubers: EternalSnowman (60) vs Reje (40) - reje is clearly solid but his high risk high reward play didnt work out. esm is less rusty and should be able to take this. ill make it a bit closer than i normally would because reje could surprise us all but this should be pretty straight forward

OU: Mysterious M (90) vs Tragoedius (10) - this a lopsided game if ive ever seen one. theres no question who im picking here. trag hasnt shown me enough.

UU: Denisthemenace (35) vs ORAS-Mega (65) - why is dennis uu-ing? dennis isnt bad but ive never seen him touch this tier. faheata showed he might just be worth his pricetag so im going to continue to pick him. since i dont know how good dennis is at this tier, i’ll give him the benefit of the doubt but i cant pick him for that reason

RU: Harlee (35) vs Abyssal Ruins (65) - icy is flames. im sure he’ll bring somethint cool and take it. harlee threw his game last week after playing well. this could just be from nerves so we’ll have to see this week. still have to favor icy.

NU: Sificon vs PrinceOfAllTacos - i wouldve favored poat anyways but this already happened :/ play ur games slower. wouldve given this 65-35 odds

PU: Ronman5 (30) vs xSkelly34 (70) - skelly played well last week and showed little rust. im much higher on skelly than ronman so i’ll favor the lord of booty milk.

LC: Sanjay (45) vs Jack In My Box (55) - hot take! jack is 3-0ing his group. i was quite impressed with his win vs one of the best players in the tier cleanly. sanjay hasnt played lc in a bit and while i am higher on sanjay, i think jack will take this.

DOU: I want Atago to sit on me (60) vs Havens (40) - cheese got unlucky last game so i think he’ll make an effort to bounce back. think this could be a really close game. havens did win one of the more anticipated games of last week so i could def see him take it but i dont think he will this time.

Rustboro Reshirams (3) vs Hearthome Heatrans (5)

Ubers: Jeran (30) vs Terracotta (70) - wasnt too impressed with jeran’s win last week while terracotta lost to rolls iirc. i trust the member of the council more to take the W here

OU: Maroon (25) vs frisoeva (75) - fris is easily top 3 in the tour so im going to pick him regardless. his trusty pyuku stall should carry him pretty easily. maroon didnt play bad, i just cant pick him over fris

UU: Mikaav (65) vs DJ Breloominati (35) - im a strong believer in mikaav’s abilities in uu. the fact that this team has the space to move him around makes them more threatning imo. wasnt too impressed with dj last week but i wouldnt be surprised if he pulled it out.

RU: Ptoad (49) vs Lugia_Numair (51) - ok this one is a bit difficult for me to pick. lugia won from a choke and ive never seen ptoad play ru. i think this game will be decided in preview so i’ll pick the one with the most support

NU: Michielleus (25) vs hamhamhamham (75) - i believe in michi, just not in nu. also hes playing ham...

PU: Skipkan (90) vs Yoshi972 (10) - apologies to ve for not recognizing the smogon account. with that said, skip is a better player and much more meta knowledge so im picking him

LC: London13 (90) vs RichardPepper (10) - london is fire. no way he doesnt have better luck in lc. as long as he’s prepared for classic richard cheese, he should be fine

DOU: Karalynia (49) vs Shadowmonstr4 (51) - when was the last time gdk touched dou? oras? as much as i like gdk i have no clue how much he has played the tier in the last 3 years while i saw shadow outplay one of the best (after hax ofc). i think itll still be close since gdk is still the better player but meta knowledge should still prevail

Highlights:

1. xiri vs gxe
2. cheese vs havens
3. mikaav vs dj
4. esm vs reje
5. dennis vs faheata

shouldve wrote this on comp, maybe it wouldve gone up sooner lol

Last edited:
Round 2 of predicts from your favorite Blobb!

Snowbelle Stuffuls (3) VS Azalea Alakazams (5)
Ubers: 100%GXE VS Dandaman99 - 70to90 continues to solidify himself as a great player in the tours room. There is a clear skill gap which will be hard for Dan to overcome.
Ubers: Marination VS Dandaman99 - What I said for 70to90 might apply to PP even more. While the skill gap between the two is smaller, PP still outclasses. That being said, both know eachother reasonably well from Plaza, so I expect a fun match to watch.
OU: T0te VS Attribute - I don't see this being a close match. Sure, cheese exists other than that Attribute can't lose this.
UU: Snofall VS Sam.tan - (for those who forgot, this is Sam_Bjikukaiju.) Similair to the above, Snofall outclasses Sam, both in teambuilding and battling.
RU: TheFranklin VS Kingofcrimea - one of the 3 matches I find hard to gauge in this matchup, where I would rather call this 50-50 than actually make a choice (but not calling a winner is lazy). Arce9 can give us another small surprise in beating KoC, but unlike Ninjadog, King is at home in RU, being well-versed in the tier, certain to not give Arce9 even an inch of room to play around.
NU: Epicboost VS Pokeart2004 - Hard to predict match #2. I think MJ wasn't too happy with PokeArt bringing a sun-team to a match, and will do nearly everything to provide her with a team of a different archetype. On the other hand we have EpicBoost, who has yet to prove himself fully. All in all, both players are decent with a slight edge to PokeArt over EB, but the uncertainty of PokeArt's team, and whether she will play comfortably with it, leaves this match wide open
PU: Marination 100%GXE VS Xiri (I hadn't had this one written when the edit was made) - Surprise Highlight! On the left side we have a person who plays nearly all tiers very well (with PU being one of his favorites), while on the other side we have Xiri. Regardless of opponent, Xiri is heavily favored though. Go watch this match if you can since it will be a great one!
LC: Raj.Shoot VS The Amuse - #3 of hard predicts. After both of these players outright defied my brilliant predictions last round (End result: 20 predictions right, 4 wrong!), I don't have a single idea how this one will play out. I think both are at a similair skill level but with Raj having Plas on his side he has the edge.
DOU: Boyn VS SMB - Do you ever feel the need to give a somewhat inclusive view in your train of thoughts when doing predicts, while stumbling on a matchup where you don't have anything to say about at all, outside of "SMB is better"? No? Just me? Ok.

White Forest Weaviles (3) VS Santalune Swamperts (5)
Ubers: Ninjadog VS 3.14dgeot-Mega - Stop giving me hard-to-predict matchups! We're continuing the trend of "Placing Ninjadog in a tier that is not his main" and this week we will find him in the Ubers slot. If 3.14dgeot-Mega won from Dan last round he would probably be more confident in his ability to play, which is why this battle is so hard to predict. I think I'm actually predicting a small upset here but most of it depends on the Weavs (outside) Ubers support, since outside of Lkap and possibly alternatif, nobody really plays it on their team.
OU: Chaitanya VS halaman95 - poor halaman keeps getting pitted against good names. Most people should know by now that he is pretty decent but none of that will show when he goes up against one of the better persons this BLT.
UU: realSurfyteen VS Kythr - Not much to say here. Kythr is better than SurfyTeen, although there is a chance, albeit small, that Surfy wins. Kythr might show to be well-versed in tiers that are not Monotype this BLT, certainly something to keep an eye on for the future.
RU: lkapkd1 VS TheWall - Interesting. I hope i'm not insulting anyone here, but it seems that the Weavs preferred a mostly positive matchup (Ninjadog - 3.14) and a sure-lost matchup (Lkap - TWW) over two unsure-to-slighty-negative ones. I think Lkap is slotted here as a sacrifice for a win in Ubers. An Ubers win which still is not a given one. Even with support from Serene Grace, I don't see TWW losing
NU: Dahli VS ok132 - A close matchup. Originally I had this in favor of ok132 because I'm overhyped on him, (and he can still win this match with ease, so beware,) but Peachy has some support from Negatory. I estimate both are not too far apart in their skills so this will be a nice battle to spectate.
PU: gg i guess lmao VS OminousDraco - "gg i guess lmao" is probs what will be said after Plimsoll OD bulldozes over his opponent. This joke will never get old. gg i guess lmao has the extreme bad luck of being put in the toughest PU pool he could be in.
LC: Serene Grace VS imjustgray - Serene Grace will outperform imjustgray, who can only hope on hax to take home the win.
DOU: alternatif VS TTT x - For Rosey and TWW, this will be their match to watch. My personal fears of TTT x having only 1 team were answered when he brought Mew + M-mane against SMB, the team he used for all DOU roomtours during BLT quals as well. However, I heard there was a valid reasoning behind this team choice. With the pressure of battling SMB out of the way, the perts can see if their most expensive player also fares well with different teams. If he doesn't, and it goes so poorly that he loses, the perts will be in quite some trouble.

Rustboro Reshirams (3) VS Hearthome Heatrans (5)
Ubers: Jeran VS Terracotta - Terracotta is an actual Ubers main. While Jeran may have surprised some people by beating Reje, he stands nearly no chance here. Watch out for MMY's!
OU: Maroon VS frisoeva - Another case of "Player 1 is decent, but Player 2 is better". Even though both are above average, Frisoeva has the biggest chance of winning this.
UU: Mikaav VS DJ Breloominati - See above. Mikaav knows his stuff without doubt, but the Resh's weakness of participating in a tour with only 1 LC slot is visible. Spitfire should have the edge thanks to Mikaav being out of his comfort zone. (Imagine having a good LC player play UU rip).
RU: Ptoad VS Lugia_Numair - Lugia made a first step to recognition by beating Harlee W1, and his next hurdle is Ptoad. While I don't know what Ptoad is doing in RU the jack-of-all-trades team that the Resh's bought can give him sufficient support to bring this home.
NU: Michielleus VS hamhamhamham - Michielleus sticks to NU and gets introduced to ham. This has been said multiple times but ham is almost an autowin in whatever tier you put him.
PU: Skipkan VS Yoshi972 (This is ve) - I don't know if Skipkan can live up to the fame of the legendary Skiplan, but even without that, he should have no trouble in beating the competition.
LC: London13 VS RichardPepper - Tfw the matchup is so bleak your own player doesn't even want to play
DOU: Karalynia VS Shadowmonstr4 - Karo ... in ... DOU? Wut? Unless I am missing some big thing, not even London support can save Karo. Shadowmontr will go on to have a positive record in the group stage
DOU: Karalynia VS Shadowmonstr4 - Karo ... in ... DOU? Wut? Unless I am missing some big thing, not even London support can save Karo. Shadowmontr will go on to have a positive record in the group stage

Looks like mine can :psysly:

Mikaav

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Ok so here's the situation with my scheduling, initially I thought there will be no problem since we have same timezone but eh

I contacted spitfire on monday, he asked me to play sunday 9pm but I was unsure of my sunday availability so I asked for saturday same time and he said he is not available. I asked friday he said he is already playing for 2 tours on friday so he cant and we eventually decided on Thursday 9pm.
On thursday he was ill so he said he cant play.

We were looking for options, I could play sat after 2pm anytime and he could only play 10am-1pm. After that he said sat morning he can make it work and I agreed assuming he meant after 2pm and mentioned that incase u still wanna do it on friday after the 2 games he had to play he can just pm me. So since it wasnt clear, I asked again what he meant by morning he said 10-1. I again reminded I cant before 2pm. At the end I asked "When are we aiming for rn" he said Friday 9:30. He cant play today. No time scheduled for tomorrow and I cant play 9pm sunday.

I can post the logs if required

Edit: scheduled for tomorrow 9:30pm +5.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)