██╔══██╗██║    ██║   ██║██╔══██╗██╔════╝
██████╔╝██║    ██║   ██║██║  ██║█████╗
██╔══██╗██║    ╚██╗ ██╔╝██║  ██║██╔══╝
██████╔╝███████╗╚████╔╝ ██████╔╝███████╗
╚═════╝ ╚══════╝ ╚═══╝  ╚═════╝ ╚══════╝

___                       __              .___    _  _   ____  ___
   /  / ______   ____ _____  |  | __ ____   __| _/ __| || |_/_   | \  \
  /  /  \____ \_/ __ \\__  \ |  |/ // __ \ / __ |  \   __   /|   |  \  \
(  (   |  |_> >  ___/ / __ \|    <\  ___// /_/ |   |  ||  | |   |   )  )
  \  \  |   __/ \___  >____  /__|_ \\___  >____ |  /_  ~~  _\|___|  /  /
   \__\ |__|        \/     \/     \/    \/     \/    |_||_|        /__/
(itt: krauersaut tries to prove he's good enough to manage a UPL team)

Hey, I'm Krauersaut, formerly known as the "fucking 2yo kid", among other things. I've been playing this game competitively since the end of BW2, and have spent far too many hours of my life on this website than can possibly be considered healthy. Ubers is and always has been my favourite tier; I wouldn't be able to tell you why. I suppose it was just the allure of using the biggest, baddest Pokémon the game had to offer. My first ever video game was Pokémon Ruby, and it hooked me on the franchise that, 9 years and several shock sites later, I still haven't outgrown, and won't for the foreseeable future. But enough about me! This RMT is my winter present to all my fellow Smogonites. This is probably the best build I've made thus far in ORAS, and its record in both casual and tournament play reinforces that. Yes, before you ask, I am indeed using the same headers I used in Yellow Flicker Beat. You know why? Because a) it took me a good hour of my life to make them and b) it's nothing short of criminal that it didn't at least make Team Showcase (I blame you, haxiom). Hopefully this one does the trick ;]

This team aims to rejuvenate and update a long tried-and-true playstyle to ORAS Ubers. My goal was to take a new perspective on it, and play around with it until I got a team that stayed true to the core idea while building on it in a new way. There have been many versions of Magic Sun to date, but none quite like this one. Without further ado -

"BLVDE", similarly to the song it takes its name from, is all about the drops. As in, Ho-Oh dropping your team like a nuclear warhead. The ultimate goal for my interpretation of the classic "Magic Sun" team is for the combination of Diancie and Ho-Oh to overload the opposing Supportceus and destroy everything else after. The combination of the two are sublime, but not for the reasons you might think - Magic Bounce isn't really, well, used for Magic Bounce, when it comes to Diancie. It's cool, yeah, but the main selling point is their offensive synergy. Ho-Oh's dismantles many of the things that would give Diancie trouble, and vice versa, while still having fantastic defensive niches between them. Starting with offensive Diancie and Ho-Oh, Groudon is added to the mix to check Primal Kyogre, round off Xerneas checks, provide Stealth Rocks, etc. etc. It's a Primal Groudon, what more needs to be said? Here, though, is where the team differs from conventional "Magic Sun". I've been quoted multiple times before saying that Skarmory is a Lugia for offensive teams. Its fantastic typing and bulk allows it to check much of the same things Lugia does, but with Spikes support thrown into the mix. Due to it not depending on Stealth Rocks being off the field (unless, of course, you're depending on Sturdy, in which case you misplayed), you aren't forced to play the momentum game with your opponent as you would with Lugia, and don't need to always make sure you're at full health (which makes it the obvious better choice for offense teams such as this one). Latios is added to help check both Primals and Defog, and the team is rounded off with EKiller, providing help with Ghostceus, an emergency check to Xerneas, and an all around fantastic win-condition that can easily clean up the mess left by the other powerhouses on the team.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect - Ensures a safe mega evolution, and can stall out status damage.
- Earth Power - Optimal coverage
- Moonblast - Go-to hard hitting STAB move
- Diamond Storm - Very cool signature move that shreds Ho-Oh into chicken wings

Diancie is one of the coolest new toys we got to play with in ORAS. Its fantastic typing and movepool quickly saw it rise to the forefront of ORAS Ubers offense teams, and now, over a year later, it still defines a playstyle. Many ORAS teams' only check to this monster is a support Arceus forme - this team exploits that to showcase just how strong the Jewel Pokémon can be. The EVs are standard - 4 Def gives Genesect the SpA boost (which is totally relevant, right?) and Modest allows it to nab 2HKOs that Timid just doesn't.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Ridiculously powerful STAB move - Brave Bird
The move that makes Ho-Oh such a dominant Pokémon - Sacred Fire
Optimal coverage - Earthquake
Allows it to check Darkrai when Rocks are off the field - Sleep Talk

Ho-Oh has ALWAYS defined the Ubers metagame. Its incredible offensive typing paired with its signature move, Sacred Fire, make it a pain for any and all teams to deal with. On "BLVDE", it serves the purpose alongside Diancie of annihilating opposing Supportceus, and checking Darkrai and Xern, among other things. The EVs allow it to outpace standard Supportceus and 2HKO it with any residual damage or a status, from which point both it and Diancie go to town.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock - Obligatory
- Roar - Checks Xern and stops set-up
- Lava Plume - Beats Sableye, Ferrothorn and other annoyances
- Precipice Blades - Hard-hitting STAB

The best Pokémon in ORAS Ubers (R.I.P Mega Rayquaza, 2014-2014), the quintessential Primal Groudon features on this team as the mandatory Stealth Rocker. Helping check Primal Kyogre, Xerneas and many more, PDon is the glue that holds all the other members of the team together. Roar is chosen because I opted for Lava Plume, and needed a way to beat Xerneas and stop Salamence, etc. etc. from setting up in my face. EVs are 100% standard, and simply maximize all around bulk.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Obligatory - Toxic
Mandatory - Roost
Synonym for necessary- Spikes
When in doubt, Whirlwind, but Counter is viable too; see below - Counter / Whirlwind

Skarmory is the team's answer to the plethora of physical sweepers present in ORAS Ubers, and a fantastic one at that. Providing entry hazards to make Diancie and Ho-Oh's lives easier, Skarmory is an all around benefactor to the success of the team. The EVs allow it to survive 2 Modest Latios Draco Meteors after Stealth Rocks, and maximize physical bulk after that. Whirlwind is the general choice for the last slot, but this team does have a noticeable Diancie weakness. The only way to beat Diancie, if not running Counter, is to maintain offensive pressure and deny it opportunities to get free turns - Counter makes your life a lot easier when playing against it, at the cost of making it difficult to win against certain set-up sweepers (e.g Arceus, Arceus-Ground). It's worth noting that Skarmory can act as an emergency Xerneas check if Sturdy is intact, and switches into unboosted Moonblasts with impunity.

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog - Hazard control
- Roost / Memento / Roar - See below
- Psyshock - Optimal coverage, hard hitting STAB
- Draco Meteor - Destroyer of worlds

Latios serves as this team's main method of hazard removal, and offers a solid check to both Primals, among other Pokémon. The choice between Roost, Memento and Roar is one open ended to the user of this team, as all can work depending on how you play. Roost gives you longevity and allows you to repetitively check what you need to, Memento denies Xerneas set up and creates opportunities for EKiller, and Roar simply laughs at the Xerneas who tried to set up on you. I generally opt for Roost, but this means I have to play my Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh and Skarmory much, much more carefully, and make Defogging the #1 priority. The EVs and moves are completely and entirely standard.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 72 HP / 244 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
Allows the eponymous EKiller to do just that - Swords Dance
100% smacks opposing suicide leads, and beats several common Arceus checks - Magic Coat
Optimal coverage on two attacks EKiller - Shadow Claw
Quintessential - Extreme Speed

Shrang's nemesis, EKiller, serves as this team's go-to win condition. It can check Darkrai in a pickle, revenge kill Xerneas, and help with most Arceus-Ghost sets. While offering little in ways of defensive synergy, I'm sure you've all had that feeling when the opposing Arceus form has yet to be revealed, and you're sitting there thinking "ah, shit, please don't be EKiller, please don't be EKiller", right before they reveal EKiller and you get smacked because all your checks are gone! EVs give it a Life Orb HP Value, adamant LO allows it to hit hard in the all too often scenario where it doesn't get a chance to set-up, and 192 Speed allows it to outpace jolly Rayquaza, adamant Mega Lucario and slightly speed creep nubs that run 176. :^]

I've been on this damned website for 2 years now. 2 full years of my life, talking to these nubs to get better at this children's game that we all play. But if I had to go back and change any of it? I wouldn't. The experiences I've had on both this website and Showdown, good and bad, have helped me develop as a person far beyond the screen of my computer, and I wouldn't change that for the world. I've made friends here that don't depend on where I live - having recently moved and started over in a new high school with unfamiliar faces, the people here have been what grounded me, gave me something to look forward to. I'm grateful to all the people I've had the pleasure of interacting with over my time on Smogon, and look forward to all the, *ahem*, friends I haven't met yet. That one's for you, absdaddy :afrostar:.
Until next time!

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 72 HP / 244 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Magic Coat
- Shadow Claw
- Extreme Speed

And now, for the likewhoring.

In no particular order:

Fireburn: I can tell you're not my biggest fan. /me shrugs. I still respect you, though. Hopefully, one day, that'll be reciprocated.

Sweep: Not gonna lie, that day a few weeks ago hurt, man. It was a turning point of my time on here, and I suppose it was a needed reality check, but it certainly stung. Still love you, though.

shrang: We've got one hell of a love/hate relationship going, don't we. :3

steelphoenix, Blue Jay, Lord Outrage, malefic and aim: Oh my god R.I.P lol

dice: When you found my Facebook, I stopped breathing for a good 5 seconds. But, regardless of what is and isn't true about this identity you've created for yourself on here, I know that the person I talk with for hours about mons, HTGAWM and life in general is a pretty cool dude.

Hack: Thanks for fine-tuning the team for me, the Skarm EV spread was especially sweet. You're quite possibly the best Ubers player, period, and it's a pleasure whenever I learn a new trick from up your sleeves.

Mr.378, Astounded: Hey. I can move on if you guys can, just gotta meet me halfway.

Haruno: you are to Doubles what Lord Outrage is to Ubers, minus the skill. <3

ZoroarkForever: One of my best friends on here. You're going to rock SPL, man.

polop: And, on the third day, He rose from the dead. If I was religious, you'd be Jesus. Welcome back, old friend.

-Clone-: Love you, abstract ginger.

Edgar: fren? ;~;

Level 56: Truly one of the best all-around players I know, and a great friend. Grats on your big Ubers Open win, it's the first of many.

Jibaku: It's a testament to how good you are at this game that you can come back from being dead and desecrate everyone in SPL like it's just another day at work. I hope, one day, I'll be as good as you. OwO

Vileman: My favourite Chilean in the whole world, your memes are rivalled by none. <3

absdaddy: LC PLAYER JAJAJA ECKS DEE

jrp: (puke)

jrp: (puke) (puke)

jrp: (puke) (puke) (puke)

yohoE: Heil, mien Führer.

hyw: I've known you since the beginning. My Japanese is getting a little bit better, at least, right? n~n

n00b: OMG I'm sorry I killed you LOL

Iris: A true intellectual. Your DPP teams are my saving grace.

Muk: Black of the Bus, Nate Higgers, Muk, whatever you want to be called, your love of Tim Hortons equates my love of you.

March Fires: When I met you, I thought you were bad. Then I got to know you! And now, I know you're bad. :^]

The Facebook crew: specifically tennisace, ANTEMORTEM, The Dutch Plumberjack, P Squared and all the artists. We've had a great run, and I'm looking forward to taking it to the next level.

Ubers Room Frens: Aquasition, Dilwar (recycled memes), haxiom, DracoMaster Dab, Minority Suspect, PoMMan, Spy, Theorymon (when are you going to have a dream about me? =\), WreckDra, Nayrz, orch, SparksBlade, ApplepieFTW, benbe, Miang (omg rip), magsyy (*slurp*), Kebabe, piex, user php, PROBLEMS, Safes, Starmei (:]) and Thetwinmasters.

Doubles community, specifically Mizuhime, Arcticblast, finally, shaian - <3

Bunch of (BAN ME PLEASE)S: Lol at Laurel being RO now. /me shrugs. You're all cute af, especially xtra$hine, WECAMEASROMANS, Reverb, m00ns, Prankster, Bluwing and fingerscrossed.

Private Room people for a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon area, a place commonly seen on a farm (HORSE) (VENOM), a rarelyused pun, Hellfire Club, Battle Arena, electrolyte's dick cave and any other private rooms I missed.

Arcanines, particularly Prague Kick and Asuya: AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO <33333 (especially grats to Asuya, you 110% deserved it. Kick ass, bud.)

#fluodome friends: I love all of you. Yes, even you CK. :]

#cdn: specifically Genesis7 and RODAN. We'll win, someday. *-*

:D

edit: unfixable is adorable too

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've used a somewhat similar build in the past, while I had decent success it has some glaring flaws that make it a little inconsistent. It has pretty glaring weaknesses to most offensive psychics (4 atks latios, all variants of Mewtwo, lo Deoxys-A) This is mostly because SDef Skarm is really bad at tanking special hits from anything that isn't stabs only latis. You can revenge them with ekiller but they are getting a kill whenever they come in and there is not much you can do about this.

You can possibly fix the above by ditching Skarm and latios for bronzong and giratina-o. You become slightly weaker to ekiller and pogre but you still handle groundceus fine and you no longer get obliterated by offensive psychic mons. Bronzong can be otr or it can use rocks which lets you run rest or paradance gdon, up to you.

You should also just run timid on diancie unless modest guarantees any specific 2hkoes. Otherwise it isn't worth losing the tie to other lati/diancie.

A more glaring weakness is Mega Lucario. You have no switchins and no way to revenge kill it. I feel like you pretty much have to run Jolly Arceus with Earthquake so you at least have some counterplay against it. Giratina-o makes coat ekiller less necessary regardless.

Thanks for the shoutout. Idk what Sweep told you but I hope it's working. :V

"psst: every fucking time someone bans you or does something else to offend you (which happens like 4 times a week) go cry on someone else's shoulder, i'm done bailing you out" Fireburn

Nice team, the lack of Ice resists opens you up to Ice Arceus (especially Ancient Power variants) but only real men use that Pokemon anyway.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I've used a somewhat similar build in the past, while I had decent success it has some glaring flaws that make it a little inconsistent. It has pretty glaring weaknesses to most offensive psychics (4 atks latios, all variants of Mewtwo, lo Deoxys-A) This is mostly because SDef Skarm is really bad at tanking special hits from anything that isn't stabs only latis. You can revenge them with ekiller but they are getting a kill whenever they come in and there is not much you can do about this.

You can possibly fix the above by ditching Skarm and latios for bronzong and giratina-o. You become slightly weaker to ekiller and pogre but you still handle groundceus fine and you no longer get obliterated by offensive psychic mons. Bronzong can be otr or it can use rocks which lets you run rest or paradance gdon, up to you.

You should also just run timid on diancie unless modest guarantees any specific 2hkoes. Otherwise it isn't worth losing the tie to other lati/diancie.

A more glaring weakness is Mega Lucario. You have no switchins and no way to revenge kill it. I feel like you pretty much have to run Jolly Arceus with Earthquake so you at least have some counterplay against it. Giratina-o makes coat ekiller less necessary regardless.

Thanks for the shoutout. Idk what Sweep told you but I hope it's working. :V
I actually considered both of your suggestions while building the team, but my main problem was that it only really insures me vs Lati@s - Fire Blast Mewtwo and Knock Off Deoxys-A still pose a threat, and I lose coverage on other pressing threats that makes the trade off not worth it imo.

Modest Diancie guarantees 2HKO on Supportceus with status and/or SR + 1 layer of Spikes, and nabs the OHKO on Latios. There are more calcs, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Yes, haha, Mega Luke is definitely the biggest threat to my team - I have to play Ho-Oh and/or Groudon extremely carefully, and even then I struggle. However, I don't think Earthquake on Arceus is worth giving up Shadow Claw and/or Magic Coat, so I have to live with it and hope matchup doesn't bite me in the behind.

As for what Sweep said, it wasn't something that does "work", to put it one way. Just made me realize a few things. n~n Thanks for the rate.

EDIT:
"psst: every fucking time someone bans you or does something else to offend you (which happens like 4 times a week) go cry on someone else's shoulder, i'm done bailing you out" Fireburn
that i guess but more so "7:22 PM <+krauersaut> sweep are you actually pissed at me" "7:23 PM <&Sweep> you're annoying as balls so yes, for the love of fuck stop pestering me about shit you get yourself into & i don't care about"

.-.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This team is basically the standard Mega Diancie sun bulky offense where you're running EKiller over Arceus-Water and had to compensate for physical weaknesses by running Skarmory. I'm not convinced that the improvements gained by running EKiller are worth being shaker against certain offensive threats.

By running EKiller you give Mence another mon to setup on while standard +1 Mega Salamence 2HKOs that Skarmory after SR. It's not a massive problem, but this threat isn't covered nearly as well as the standard arrangement. Lack of a Dark or Ghost means this team suffers against some Psychics / Ghosts. Lati, Mewtwo, and Deo-A were already pointed out, but you could add CM Arc Ghost to that as well (bulk-less Ho-Oh is KOed after SR). Dropping Arc Water also makes this team far worse off against P Don. Your primary switch-in is slaughtered by Dragon Tail or Thunder Wave + Slide sets. You can try to pickup some slack with Skarm once you've scouted that it doesn't have a Fire move, but at that point the damage might already be done.

Arbitrary physical threats like Zekrom, Rayquaza, and Mega Luke can break this team down because the physically defensive backbone of the team isn't as solid as it wants to be. Primal Groudon is threatened by all three to varying extents and doesn't have recovery while Skarmory has the issue of being OHKOed by all three. Fireburn's suggestion of running Gira-O and Zong somewhat fixes the problem with the offensive Psychics, but it doesn't totally fix the Zekrom and Ray problems. You pretty much have to pray the opponent doesn't click Bolt Strike if you send in Mega Diancie or that they aren't like Hone Claws + Shuca if you throw in P Don. Niche techs like Lando-T offenses also have a strong matchup against this team.

I'd probably opt to run Gira-O over Latios and then run Arc Water over EKiller. This keeps Skarm but at the same time helps against offensive Psychics, Rayquaza, P Don, Mega Mence, SD Arc, and Mega Luke. Zekrom is still problematic, but at least you pickup a physically defensive electric resist. You might think P Ogre becomes more problematic, but you actually gain a Water resist by doing this and become less prone to ttar + Ogre teams.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
This team is basically the standard Mega Diancie sun bulky offense where you're running EKiller over Arceus-Water and had to compensate for physical weaknesses by running Skarmory. I'm not convinced that the improvements gained by running EKiller are worth being shaker against certain offensive threats.

By running EKiller you give Mence another mon to setup on while standard +1 Mega Salamence 2HKOs that Skarmory after SR. It's not a massive problem, but this threat isn't covered nearly as well as the standard arrangement. Lack of a Dark or Ghost means this team suffers against some Psychics / Ghosts. Lati, Mewtwo, and Deo-A were already pointed out, but you could add CM Arc Ghost to that as well (bulk-less Ho-Oh is KOed after SR). Dropping Arc Water also makes this team far worse off against P Don. Your primary switch-in is slaughtered by Dragon Tail or Thunder Wave + Slide sets. You can try to pickup some slack with Skarm once you've scouted that it doesn't have a Fire move, but at that point the damage might already be done.

Arbitrary physical threats like Zekrom, Rayquaza, and Mega Luke can break this team down because the physically defensive backbone of the team isn't as solid as it wants to be. Primal Groudon is threatened by all three to varying extents and doesn't have recovery while Skarmory has the issue of being OHKOed by all three. Fireburn's suggestion of running Gira-O and Zong somewhat fixes the problem with the offensive Psychics, but it doesn't totally fix the Zekrom and Ray problems. You pretty much have to pray the opponent doesn't click Bolt Strike if you send in Mega Diancie or that they aren't like Hone Claws + Shuca if you throw in P Don. Niche techs like Lando-T offenses also have a strong matchup against this team.

I'd probably opt to run Gira-O over Latios and then run Arc Water over EKiller. This keeps Skarm but at the same time helps against offensive Psychics, Rayquaza, P Don, Mega Mence, SD Arc, and Mega Luke. Zekrom is still problematic, but at least you pickup a physically defensive electric resist. You might think P Ogre becomes more problematic, but you actually gain a Water resist by doing this and become less prone to ttar + Ogre teams.
You underestimate how differently this team plays from "standard Magic Sun". The entire point of this team is to maintain offensive pressure, which heavily mitigates the functionality of "weaknesses" that you mentioned.

With the omnipresence of Stone Edge on EKiller, Mence isn't going to be the go-to EKiller switch-in. And even if it was...

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 28+ Def Skarmory: 151-178 (45.2 - 53.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And if the opponent was, indeed, running such an offensive Mence set...

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 259-306 (64.9 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 244+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Salamence: 208-247 (62.8 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Ekiller would beat it all on its own. zzZZzzz.

As for Rayquaza, only V-Create gets past Skarmory, and even if that were still a relevant set, PDon and Diancie can both beat it. Zekrom... even pretending it's relevant, I'm about as weak to as every other team in ORAS not running an Arceus-Ground and/or Ferrothorn... I have a Fairy/Ground core and ways to outspeed the Shuca HC set, what else can a team of this nature do?

"Water resist" isn't how you check POgre lol. If I changed to Gira-O and Arc-Water, a simple POgre + Xern team would absolutely destroy me.

Thanks for the rate I guess, but I'll take most of the stuff you said with a grain of sand.

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Krauersaut, to be fair to MS, what Arceus-Water does give you for Ogre checking utility is a Water resist that also resists Ice Beam. You don't really have anything stopping POgre from spamming Ice Beam to chip down your Groudon, and once its dead Kyogre becomes a pretty significant threat. The physical set is also particularly nasty since it doesn't need help to beat Groudon and it can get through Latios after its paralyzed.

And fwiw MixQuaza does dunk this team pretty hard even if it's not that common compared to DD. PDon is not a Rayquaza check lol.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You brush off my suggestions by saying "mon X isn't relevant" or "I have offensive pressure". Rayquaza and Zekrom are very much relevant, and I have no idea why so many people haven't caught on to how much these standard BO and balance arrangements are slaughtered by them. In regards to offensive pressure that philosophy only works when you aren't running passive mons like Skarmory and aren't giving bit threats setup opportunities. Mence is one of the best offensive EKiller checks so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with those calcs. It doesn't make much sense when you say my purposed changes makes you lose to Xern + P Ogre teams when you have support Roar P Don, 3 Water resists, and 1 less mon Xern can setup on. The change makes this team much more secure against Primals because right now Latios is the only real P Don and P Ogre switch in.

When I point out the potential problems I'm not meaning to criticize you or say this team sucks and just loses to common threats because that isn't true. I'm saying these are the things you have to watch out for, how they exist when compared to similar arrangements, and what you can do to be more secure against some of them.

you called yohoe mien Führer, when in fact, it's mein, not mien. you suck. 252 spe modest diancie accomplishes few meaningful things, and life orb>>>cb on fast ho-oh

you also suck. team is bretty gud tbh :o

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
you called yohoe mien Führer, when in fact, it's mein, not mien. you suck. 252 spe modest diancie accomplishes few meaningful things, and life orb>>>cb on fast ho-oh

you also suck. team is bretty gud tbh :o
252 spe modest diancie outpaces most lati@s atm

i considered life orb but choice band gives it the extra oomph to beat supportceus no strings attached

thanks for the rate hun <3

It's interesting having such a solid ekiller/mence check on a team like this, as well as having spikes utility. That being said, the merit of having a "niche" steel on a diancie+ho-oh build is often related to xern checking, which I can see being a problem for the build. To make the most of skarm's qualities and downsides you went with ekiller, which gives you priority vs xern. I don't mind this choice much, as a supportceus would simply make the team shaky vs the aforementioned xern. You should use a bulkier ho-oh to further remedy this weakness, and possibly LO at that because I fail to see the synergy of cb ho-oh+diancie.

I disagree with a lot of your completely unnecessary slashing: 2 atk+defog+roost is completely set in stone on latios and skarm needs whirlwind so just get rid of the other options. Some spreads are also quite iffy for me... I'd want a timid diancie to outrun adamant mence/most latis/tie at worst with pre mega gar and other diancie. The ekiller spread I also have problems with, I don't think it helps much tbf.

Magic Coat we talked about in pm, I think you are better off with additonal coverage as you can lead ho-oh vs standard HO quite comfortably anyway (due to having skarm). Jolly EQ is handy vs opposing diancie.

The biggest threats I could identify to the initial build were ho-oh, xern and diancie. I think what I suggested definitely makes you better off against xern but problems remain with the other two (honestly the ho-oh weak is worse with a bulkier ho-oh than your previous fast one). Timid diancie and jolly eq ekiller help killing diancie but it doesn't help on the defensive end of things. Rock move on don+stone edge ekiller helps with ho-oh in a similar way, you will still be in a sticky spot when it gets in on your skarm, however.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)