ORAS UU Bob's not so Stall team [Peaked #1]

Introduction:

Hi frens, some of you may know me as Bob the Bro or Bob the [....]. I've been quite infamous in the UU community for playing stall for some time now. But the days of Bob playing stall has long been over (until Feraligatr/Pidgeot/Heracross gtfo at least). Since the release of ORAS, I've peaked rank 1 with various balanced/hyper offence teams.

So the other day I stumbled upon an RMT built around Mega Pert by YABO. After accidentally coming across him twice on ladder and shreking his RMT team both times with ease. I realized I have to step in and do my man Mega Pert some justice and decided to make my own Pert team.

I am here to present to you the newest hyper offence team in my arsenal.

At a Glance:

Very brief team building process.

The star of the show and shall not be disgraced by YABO's team.

Definitely needed something to take care of the flying spam that is everywhere at the moment. Double up as my Stealth Rocker.

Azelf was my next choice as I wanted something that can do a lot of damage to everything to pave way for pert to clean up and Azelf has amazing coverage for the job.

Needed something that can check fire spam and spinblock

This slot was initially SD Infernape as it was a great stallbreaker but I just ended up sac'ing it most of the time so I switched it up for Lucario as it retains the much needed priority and better typing and coverage to help break Cresselia. Also serves as a back up check for dragon spam.

This was initially a lure Nidoqueen set with Roar and Flamethrower, but I really wanted something that can come in on choice locked fire/fighting and set up on it so I decided to go with Salamence.

Analysis:

One of the reasons why I think this team does so good is the surprise factor. Half of my team have rather unconventional moves, and to keep up the surprise factor, I change around my moves once in a while as I tend to run into the same people quite frequently on the ladder.

What is Leg Day Even (Swampert-Mega) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

My man Mega Swampert is an absolute beast under the rain. With 150 base attack and a decent movepool it has very few switchins. With a base 70 speed and a jolly nature it will outspeed all common scarfers to avoid being revenge killed. Its bulk also allow it to eat up just about any non super effective move to set up the rain or eat priorities. Feel free to take 28 EV's off speed and drop it into HP to optimize the spread as it will still allow it to outspeed scarf Mienshao. But I personally prefer jolly max as it will allow me to tie with opposing Mega Swamperts if need be. Thought scarf ape is pretty rare nowadays it's still a thing and jolly max will let it outspeed that as well.

Sad Feet (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam/Flash Cannon/Roar
- Scald
- Grass Knot

Mega Pidgeot, Mega Aerodactyl and Crobat to a lesser extend are huge threats to hyper offence teams. Mega Pidgeot in particular pretty much have no switch ins unless you have a dedicated spdef wall. This is where offensive Empoleon comes in. Even with no spdef investment Hurricane does less than 30%. With a decent base spatk and a great movepool, momentum won't be lost if you make some decent predictions. Again, the surprise factor is huge on this set, grass knot weaken bulky waters which are problematic to Mega Swampert. I chose not to have Defog on this team as most of the time the team can keep up enough pressure to avoid them being set up and just having Empoleon in the back makes people more reluctant to set up hazards fearing the Defog. 48 speed is to creep base 65s with no investment. If you choose to run Flash Cannon, it might be helpful to run 128 speed to creep Florges and 2hko it.

Aids Elf (Azelf) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Energy Ball/Thunderbolt/Dazzling Gleam

Offensive Azelf is one of my favourite stall breakers. A lot of people just assume it to be suicide lead and people would leave their Swampert/Forretress/Aggron/Krook etc in just to get slayed. Against stall, it gets so many chances to set up. Once it's at +2 it will absolutely rip stall apart unless the opponent has Umbreon or Cresselia, but these will die if you've gotten off a bit of prior damage on them. I change the moves on this very frequently as well to be a bit more sneaky.

HotFiyaISpitThat (Chandelure) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball/Memento

Entei is a huge threat to this team and the only way of beating it is to revenge kill. Though Chandelure isn't a counter, its presence in the team makes your opponent think twice before clicking sacred fire. Even if you predict wrong and switch it into a Stone Edge, you can come in with either Mega Swampert of Lucario and get a free set up. Having a scarfer in the team is always nice if you need to revenge kill something as well. Chandelure can also act as a solid spinblock if you really need those rocks up. Though Slurpuff isn't much of a problem to this team, as it can't really set up for free on anything without risking the burn on Empoleon. Chandelure can serve as a check in case it does set up as +6 Play Rough only have a slim chance to kill from full.

fite me irl (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

Bulky normal type/Umbreon/Cresselia/dragon spam was pretty annoying to deal with and I just wanted something that hits really hard on the physical side to help soften walls for Mega Swampert to clean up. The priority is also really nice to revenge kill things like Mega Beedrill. Crunch is there pretty much just for Cresselia. I personally prefer jolly over adamant on Lucario mainly because of Entei as you can outspeed and kill it with Close Combat or if it has some prior damage, Extremespeed it before it Extremespeeds you. Chandelure without scarf will also no longer be a check. Some less relevant things you outrun include Rotom's and Nidoking.

Beats by Mence (Salamence) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Iron Tail/Earthquake
- Fire Blast

I have been shown the meaning of life after using one of dodmen's teams with Life Orb Dragon Dance Salamence, and i will never go back to Lum Berry. Life Orb lets it nab SO MANY more KO's, +1 Iron Tail kills all fairies. It could 2HKO Suicune without any boosts after rocks. Moxie on Life Orb Salamence is somewhat redundant in my opinion as it's pretty much unstoppable at +1 or +2 so getting anymore beyond that is useless. Intimidate helps so much more when trying to set up, especially against things like Mienshao or Darmanitan. Usually if I have Iron Tail on this then I won't run Flash Cannon on Empoleon or vice versa.

Probably the biggest threat to this team. This thing is a bitch to break through. You just have to spam Shadow Ball/Crunch or trick it with the respective mons. I haven't came across it that many times on ladder but you pretty much just have to overwhelm it with raw power.

Another huge threat to this team, though uncommon, it has the potential to 6-0 the team, providing there is a bit of prior damage on Azelf/Chandy and Empoleon, also providing it hits Focus Blast twice on Empoleon and Lucario.

Every time it gets a safe switch in, it forces a 50/50 with Chandelure, and if you get it wrong you either catch a burn or lose Chandelure. Get rocks up ASAP and keep them up.

Fuck Scald.

Quick shoutouts to YABO, Colbrushie, dodmen and all the (BAN ME PLEASE)s from the UU room.

Final Words:
I say this all the time, the team itself only contributes a tiny portion to how likely you are to win. Don't rely too much on a team just because some random guy got rank 1 with it. Play intelligently and strategically and you can come out on top with any (reasonable) team.

Last edited:
If Cresselia gives you a serious issue, maybe consider switching Chandelure to Choice Specs, this will allow you to deal a lot more damage, 2HKOing it

252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cresselia: 372-438 (83.7 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

smh bob fix your english

as I've already said your team is also pretty weak to opposing Mega Swampert / Scarfmence, but those are common problems with HO teams

if you have to play intelligently to win with this team I have no idea how you got #1 :^

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
It yuh boi OG_Wanka comin in with another hot rate. On the real though the only thing I can say is to make memento your first choice for chandy. scarf energy ball is weak as piss and since you have two set up mons in the back I can see chandy getting a last ditch memento off and really benefitting lucario and salamence to come in and just start smacking stuff.

Thats all I got, solid squad none the less

Dad's Dad

Banned deucer.
lool why do you and meowiekins always make teams weak as piss to krookodile at least u have lo energy ball/gleam zelf unlike he did. i dont think u even need to outspeed scarf nape because so much on your team can abuse it even if it kills u under rain. under rain it has to go for cc because flare blitz is weakened and you can just come in with mence and start dd'ing or go to azelf and np and get a kill. idk if the 28 hp evs help u that much tho tbh. they let u eat band cc from hera with no chance to kill

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Consider using Shuca Berry on Empoleon if you feel that you are so weak to Aerodactyl and Nidoqueen, also lets you take one EQ from opposing Swampert if you're healthy and take it out with Gknot

If Cresselia gives you a serious issue, maybe consider switching Chandelure to Choice Specs, this will allow you to deal a lot more damage, 2HKOing it
That's a decent idea, I think I'll try it out.

It yuh boi OG_Wanka comin in with another hot rate. On the real though the only thing I can say is to make memento your first choice for chandy.
I use that set for the whole of yesterday and I clicked it twice, so I'd say it's about as useless as Energy Ball.

Consider using Shuca Berry on Empoleon if you feel that you are so weak to Aerodactyl and Nidoqueen, also lets you take one EQ from opposing Swampert if you're healthy and take it out with Gknot
Interesting suggestion but I've honestly never had problems with Aero of Nido and if i use Shuca then my team would be that much weaker to Pidgeot which is pretty undesirable.

hi bob
one weakness that i see in you're team is to kabutops and also to scrafty.
since scrafty is immune to psyshock, azelf can only rely on fire blast to hit it unless your running dazzling gleam
and after +4 or +5 scrafty can take a close combat from lucario and heal its self with drain punch
if empoleon dies kabutops will sweep you if it is choice scarf it will outspeed everything and using rain dance with swampert will only boost its power
here is a replay of youre team losing
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-230430324
i hope this helps and keep up the hard work

Hey I really like your team, but have you ever considered using this MegaPert EV spread?

2Stronk (Swampert-Mega) @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Rain Dance

It allows it to outspeed a scarfed Heracross in the rain as well as it's major threats (Sceptile, Aero, etc,). The extra EVs don't really get that many important outspeed and the rest into HP is really nice.

Hey I really like your team, but have you ever considered using this MegaPert EV spread?

2Stronk (Swampert-Mega) @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Rain Dance

It allows it to outspeed a scarfed Heracross in the rain as well as it's major threats (Sceptile, Aero, etc,). The extra EVs don't really get that many important outspeed and the rest into HP is really nice.
One of the beauty of Mega-Swampert is that it's bulky enough to eat priorities and outspeed all relevant scarfers in rain, without jolly close to max speed, it can be revenged killed easily by things like Mienshao/Mence/Drei

My spread
One of the beauty of Mega-Swampert is that it's bulky enough to eat priorities and outspeed all relevant scarfers in rain, without jolly close to max speed, it can be revenged killed easily by things like Mienshao/Mence/Drei
I normally bring in swamp after the fast threats have been cleared to got them spy sweeping potential. If you want it to be mega (lol get it?) fast then the set you'd want to run is 40Hp 252Atk 216Spd Timid. This will allow it to outspeed scarfed Mienshao in rain (Salamence obviously included). It has a bit less Atk but is still amazing.

My spread

I normally bring in swamp after the fast threats have been cleared to got them spy sweeping potential. If you want it to be mega (lol get it?) fast then the set you'd want to run is 40Hp 252Atk 216Spd Timid. This will allow it to outspeed scarfed Mienshao in rain (Salamence obviously included). It has a bit less Atk but is still amazing.
Yea running 216 speed was an option I had suggested in the analysis, though if you're running so close to max, then you might as well dump the rest into speed as well to outspeed up to scarfed base 109's (Heliolisk, Infernape etc) as well as tying with opposing potentially max speed Mega-Swamperts and also tying with base 70's if rain is not up.

Last edited:
True, though heliolisk is a lot more common with a scope than a scarf and physical infer nape can't do a thing to swamp, though you are correct that the extra bulk doesn't do a lot. However, I like having 216 speed because it makes me look like I know what I'm doing.
Yea running 216 speed was an option I had suggested in the analysis, though if you're running so close to max, then you might as well dump the rest into speed as well to outspeed scarfed base 109's (Heliolisk, Infernape etc) as well as tying with opposing potentially max speed Mega-Swamperts and also tying with base 70's if rain is not up.
rue

True, though heliolisk is a lot more common with a scope than a scarf and physical infer nape can't do a thing to swamp, though you are correct that the extra bulk doesn't do a lot. However, I like having 216 speed because it makes me look like I know what I'm doing.

rue
Close Combat from infernape does ~50% to swampert, so definitely better to be safe than sorry :)

Rly good team, I can see how u got peak. i reccomend changing swamp's nature to Adamant since it still outspeeds most things in rain and also hits significantly harder. idk what to think of azelf cuz of all those damn options lol. definetley make memento ur move of choice for chandy and keep EQ on mence. exceelnt team, think ill steal it

Rly good team, I can see how u got peak. i reccomend changing swamp's nature to Adamant since it still outspeeds most things in rain and also hits significantly harder. idk what to think of azelf cuz of all those damn options lol. definetley make memento ur move of choice for chandy and keep EQ on mence. exceelnt team, think ill steal it
Thanks for the suggestion, but as I have mentioned above, running Jolly allows me to avoid being revenge killed by Scarfers such as Infernape, Mienshao, Salamence, Flygon, Hydreigon and the not so common Haxorus, which is far too important to give up on.

Thanks for the suggestion, but as I have mentioned above, running Jolly allows me to avoid being revenge killed by Scarfers such as Infernape, Mienshao, Salamence, Flygon, Hydreigon and the not so common Haxorus, which is far too important to give up on.
I see. That does seem because how common those mons r. Gl in the future!

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
ctrl + f "blue" and nothing comes up sigh

nice monoblue team

consider bullet punch > crunch on luke because your only 3 atks mega aero check atm is a swampert with 0 bulk investment so you're likely to get popped :] perhaps shuca on emp as well for the same reason.

Hi kokoloko, I don't think bullet punch on Lucario is that great of an option of my team, as I have way more trouble with Cresselia that I do with Aerodactyl. As for Shuca Empoleon, it has been mentioned above, but I prefer leftovers on it to give me a slightly more solid check to Pidgeot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)