Bone. A graphic novel.

A long time ago, when I was between the ages of six to eight, I stumbled upon an old issue of a Disney Adventures magazine. I skimmed through it, and among the many features was a short comic strip simply titled, "Bone." It immediately caught my attention. When I got to the end of the segment, I wished so bad that I could see what happened next, but I never did, not for years.

However, about a month ago, I was at the local bookstore and they were having a huge sale, with as much as 40% being taken off the price of some items. I saw a rather large book with the familiar, little white bald creature from my childhood memories on the cover.

I immediately freaked out and bought it without question, ecstatic that my years of curiosity about what happened to the little guy would finally be satisfied. I began reading as soon as I got home, but not before declaring to my family about how cool it was that I finally found it again.

What I read inside was one of the most engaging, endearing, and entertaining comic books I have ever read. It's an incredibly unique story about 3 "Bone" cousins, Fone Bone (shown in the picture) Phoney Bone, and Smiley Bone, who are thrown out of their hometown in Boneville. They get lost and separated in a strange valley where they will interact with dragons, wizards, warriors, and all manner of mystical creatures, and eventually find eachother again.

It's a definite read for anyone with even a passing interest in comics, or is just in the mood for a good story. Heck, I even think it'd make a good animated movie.

So who here has read this series? Share your thoughts and opinions here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)