ORAS LC boom psh boom psh

GOAO

Banned deucer.
Hi, if you don't know me I am GOAO. I am a "cool like an owl" user, and even if I had some problems in the past now i'm a top 3 user on the smogon.com forums. Anyway, I started playing LC a while ago and I think this is the best team ive built so far. I went 13-1 on the suspect ladder with it, and won 1 LCPL game, breaking madoka's perfect score. It's a pretty bulky semistall team built around the core of Spritzee + Ferroseed, which is pretty decent for fattier teams. I built it to play vs CBB in week 1 of LCPL, but then I used another team and forgot this team till week 7, when my team needed the win to get playoffs. Turns out that I won, and I started using this team a lot!

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS:

This team is built around the core of Spritzee + Ferroseed. If u're using that core, u already have a pretty good goal to make a semistall team because it is really fat and doesn't fit well on faster teams, because makes you lose a lot of momentum.

Since those 2 mons don't do well against Magnemite, i decided to use Hippopotas, which also provides me SR, letting Ferro use spikes, and already making me 100% sure I was building a semistall squad.

At this point, I felt like I needed a win condition. I really didnt know what to use on semistall other than CM Spritzee, which is not really good there because it needs to cleric another members. Then, Levi suggested me to use NP Vullaby, because it surprises a lot of unprepared teams, giving me a much easier time sweeping, and also can live some hits.

At this point, I needed a good fire switch-in and a spinner. I dont like Staryu on this Drifloon meta, but turns out it fits really well on this team and I've been loving it.

I really didnt know what to use as my last slot. I tried Porygon with a bulkier set but turns out it sucked a lot, but then I tried Agility Porygon as a secondary win condition and it fits so well! Having two unexpected win con helps you a lot.

Analysis:

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
Level: 5
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Spritzee is the first part of my main core. Even if part of the community doesn't like it because "it makes you lose momentum", I dont care for this team because Spritzee is a really good pokemon on fattier teams and on bulky offense too. It gives me a check to Fighting-types in general, a good cleric, and a really bulky pokemon overall. Wish + Protect is its main way to recover its life, which is very important for a bulky Pokemon, and Wish also restores Ferroseed's life since it has no Leech Seed. Aromatherapy helps Vullaby and Porygon in their sweep, once they get paralyzed or burned killing another Pokemon. Moonblast is the strongest STAB, because why not? Even a fat Pokemon needs to attack sometimes. The EV spread is the usual one, giving it max HP and Def to check Fight types such as Mienfoo and Scraggy.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Bullet Seed

Ferroseed is my second Pokemon. It pairs really well with Spritzee, since they have a good synergy covering each other's weakness. However, that's another Pokemon that the community generally doenst like because, again, it's so passive, but it fits really well on this team. Knock off is the most spammable move of the tier, and maybe of the game. I really dont have a reason to not use it, but if I need to give you one, it wins 1v1 vs another Ferroseed and removes the item of Pokemon that may switch in vs Ferroseed (Mienfoo). Spikes is because every stall team needs to pressure with hazards, so I decided to give Hippo SR and keep with spikes. Thunder Wave is for Pokemon that may switch in vs me, and paralyzing them is really helpful. Bullet Seed helps me hitting pretty much everything since I need a move to do damage. The EVs are the standard ones, making Ferroseed live two Knock Offs from Pawniard and two Crunches from Carvanha.

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 132 Def / 180 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

IMO this is the most underrated Pokemon in LC. Not like people don't use it, but it should be used a lot more than shit like Drilbur/Fletchling, which are both really bad by the way. Earthquake is a powerful STAB that I have no reason not to use. Slack Off recovers Hippo's HP, which, again, is very important. Stealth Rock is mandatory, since I can't make a good competitive team without it. Rock Slide is for Fletchling, which can be very annoying to the team. EVs are standard again, but they especially help Hippopotas live 2 Flash Cannons from Scarf Magnemite even after Stealth Rock.

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 240 SpA / 120 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

This Vullaby set was way more used in BW and I feel like it's underrated nowadays, and it also fits really well there. Nasty Plot is because I need to have a SpA boost if I want to sweep. Dark Pulse is the first stab and the most spammable move, while Air Slash is here to help you get those Fight types. Hidden Power Fighting is used over Heat Wave because i didnt really see the sense of using it since I have Koff Ferro to 1v1 another Ferroseed, and HP Fighting helps Porygon in its sweep, since the duck doenst has fire/fight coverage. The EVs are to survive one HJK from Mienfoo after Stealth Rock and the rest are to maximize SpA and Spe.

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

"Staryu is one of the most overrated mons" - 70% of the community. It really isnt that good on most of the teams, but I really like it here as my Ponyta check and Spinner. Rapid Spin is self explanatory because fuck hazards. Scald is a STAB + it burns. Thunder Wave is used because the team has a really huge weakness to HP Fire Snivy, so if you see one and your Staryu is dead the best move is to forfeit. Recover makes it gain more HP to continue its life of doing 25% to every Pokemon. EVs are standard, 156 Def lives 2 Koffs from Pawn and 236 is max Spe to not lose to Wild Charge Ponyta.

Porygon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Download
EVs: 68 Def / 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Agility

Oh yea AgiliGon. It is one of the coolest mons ever, since it's not expected nowadays. Tri Attack is its main STAB and you will pretty much click it to kill everything. Psychic catches Fight Pokemons (not Scraggy though), while Thunderbolt is for Drifloon and water-types in general like Staryu and Corphish. Agility makes you sweep! Also, I choose for not using HP Fight/Fire here because I already have Vullaby to lure Pawn and Ferro to 1v1 other Ferro. EVs are to maximize SpA and Spe and one point in HP to help me set-up.

Conclusion:
That's my fav team atm and I really enjoy playing with it!
Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 240 SpA / 120 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Bullet Seed

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 132 Def / 180 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

Porygon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Download
EVs: 68 Def / 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Agility

S H O U T O U T S
Corporal Levi for buying me on my first splc u helpd me a lot bro, also thx for helping w/ english on this rmt U ROCK
Mambo macle Quote thx for leading the tier, u guys also helped me being a better person and macle stop scing me frogs i hate them
Heysup u helped me so much with battling holy shit, thx for everything bro, also u helped me being a better person too.
Star. ZoroarkForever fatty i look up to u guys as players (heysup too). u guys rock, one day i'll get there though
Fiend WaterlessMelon @ThatCrazyRussian nice ppl to call with o_o
all the lcers im lazy to write :(

Sand Castle lighthouses Havor Ren-chon KratosMana Disenchanted foi mal pelas macacaj ae mas tamo ae caraleo .x

Rumor FAJI Bouff Omfuga blunder teal6 and everyone else that played tagpro w/ vod also fuck -Tsunami- he let vod die.

majaspic22 @Sacri Scythe. Ice Tea Pearl qsns Imanalt P Squared GatoDelFuego Leru @all the ruers on the rulers. random ppl i meet, u guys r cool i guess

@SweetPosho reiku Rayzark juanen Trosko my spanish babys, hpl was fun af. love reiku.

trash is my best friend

Last edited:

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
GOAO you're one of my favorite people. As for my expert rate:

I'd recommend changing your team name from boom psh boom psh -> Brazilian Kaleidoscope. This pays homage to the fact that 4/6 of your team is the same as GlassGlaceon's Kaleidoscope but you include various moves that paralyze on your Pokemon.

The team's really solid though. Nasty Plot Vullaby is a neat win condition that's often looked over entirely in this meta. Gothita is obviously an issue for the team but there's nothing much you can do about that on SemiStall without compromising the integrity of the team. Ferroseed looks to be kinda problematic as 1v1ing it with your own Ferroseed results in it stacking Spikes and weakening your Ferroseed to the point where it's challenging to pass a Wish to it. Plus, Vullaby really doesn't want to get hit by Thunder Wave and it's relatively predictable that your set is NP if you're switching it into Ferroseed (or at the very least, Heat Wave). Thunderbolt -> HP Fire on Porygon and Thunder Wave -> Thunderbolt on Staryu could be a good change, as any Vullaby above 50% is sure to scare out Snivy and you can easily take advantage of this by doubling or simply clicking Nasty Plot. This allows Staryu to check both Ponyta, Water-types (notably Corphish), AND Drifloon, as Thunderbolt is KOing it after Stealth Rock and it's pretty easy to play around the WoW / Recycle shenanigans with Natural Cure and Recover. Obviously, HP Fire on Porygon alleviates any concern of Ferroseed, Pawniard, or Scarf Magnemite halting a late-game clean.

Basically, the reason for the these changes is to increase Ferroseed's longevity, as Staryu becomes an answer to the Water-types and Porygon can eliminate opposing Ferroseeds. Though you lose your "safety button" in Thunder Wave, Ferroseed becomes much easier to Wish to and becomes much more problematic for an opponent. Snivy's also not super common anymore due to the prevalence of Drifloon in the current metagame.

Alternatively, you run Thunder Wave -> Cosmic Power and Scald -> Whirlpool on Staryu so you can win every game but that's a little TOO good for this meta to handle.

Last edited:

GOAO

Banned deucer.
GOAO you're one of my favorite people. As for my expert rate:

I'd recommend changing your team name from boom psh boom psh -> Brazilian Kaleidoscope. This pays homage to the fact that 4/6 of your team is the same as GlassGlaceon's Kaleidoscope but you include various moves that paralyze on your Pokemon.

The team's really solid though. Nasty Plot Vullaby is a neat win condition that's often looked over entirely in this meta. Gothita is obviously an issue for the team but there's nothing much you can do about that on SemiStall without compromising the integrity of the team. Ferroseed looks to be kinda problematic as 1v1ing it with your own Ferroseed results in it stacking Spikes and weakening your Ferroseed to the point where it's challenging to pass a Wish to it. Plus, Vullaby really doesn't want to get hit by Thunder Wave and it's relatively predictable that your set is NP if you're switching it into Ferroseed (or at the very least, Heat Wave). Thunderbolt -> HP Fire on Porygon and Thunder Wave -> Thunderbolt on Staryu could be a good change, as any Vullaby above 50% is sure to scare out Snivy and you can easily take advantage of this by doubling or simply clicking Nasty Plot. This allows Staryu to check both Ponyta, Water-types (notably Corphish), AND Drifloon, as Thunderbolt is KOing it after Stealth Rock and it's pretty easy to play around the WoW / Recycle shenanigans with Natural Cure and Recover. Obviously, HP Fire on Porygon alleviates any concern of Ferroseed, Pawniard, or Scarf Magnemite halting a late-game clean.

Basically, the reason for the these changes is to increase Ferroseed's longevity, as Staryu becomes an answer to the Water-types and Porygon can eliminate opposing Ferroseeds. Though you lose your "safety button" in Thunder Wave, Ferroseed becomes much easier to Wish to and becomes much more problematic for an opponent. Snivy's also not super common anymore due to the prevalence of Drifloon in the current metagame.

Alternatively, you run Thunder Wave -> Cosmic Power and Scald -> Whirlpool on Staryu so you can win every game but that's a little TOO good for this meta to handle.
I only used tbolt cuz floon but now that it got banned im using your changes. Thx n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)