Both Feet on the Ground - A Gravity Team

Both Metagross and Forretress can set up gravity, and I don't think you need toxic spikes. 1-2 layers of spikes is fine because eq is so powerful. I also really recommend scarf flygon for this team; it revenges like, everything and u-turns into your gravity users and forretress. also maybe run pain split on dusknoir to keep his hp up.

you need to log on to smogon and then rebuild the team. And you should, one gravity user is not enough, especielly one with a pursuit weakness. Replace meteor mash on metagross and t-spikes on forretress. Not sure why you want t-spikes when you are sweeping. You also have a huge scizor weakness, and due to the fact that azelf will never sweep ever, and doesn't take enough advantage of gravity, I would reccomend a starmie with recover/gravity, thunder,blizzard and hydro pump. The problem is that it is very similar to porygonz, so idk.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hi, this team looks rather well built, not too heavily reliant on gravity but definitely worth using it. first off, i recommend Rapin Spin on Forretress, as it will help your azelf sweep much easier and forretress does not have enough time to set up 2 hazards. as much as i LOVE porygon-z, i think that i can be replaced by another Gravity user:
Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid (spe+, atk-) 252 speed/252 special atk/ 4 special def
Gravity | Thunder | Blizzard | Hydro Pump.
an EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE gravity sweeper, just with more speed that porygon-Z.
have fun with Gravity, i hope this team has success :D

I decided to replace Azelf with the Starmie set recommended by Megakick. I went with Recover/Gravity/Hydro Pump/Thunder. Im going to take BP off Metagross and put Gravity so that Metagross can still do massive damage and I have 2 priority users already. What move should I replace with on Forretress for Rapid Spin?

I would get rid of meteor mash on metagross and put in Zen Headbutt, this is mostly for machamp, but it hits Infernape (if you survive the fire blast) and many leads that meteor mash would be effective on are destroyed by zen headbutt as well, such as aerodactyl. You also have a reliable way to hit Roserade now. I just personally feel as if psychic is better for leads than steel types

I switch to Dusknoir after SR pain gravity and pain split down to a Shadow Sneak kill. Metagross is the lead because its faking standard metagross lead. I use him mainly to come back later for gravity and do heavy damage, much more than a lead. If i get a lot of leads that Zen headbutt would be more effective against than ill use it, but I usually don't. I appreciate the input though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)