Bouffalant

I've been doing some testing with this guy, and Baffuron with Herbivore has proven to be the best check for the Massive threat that is Jarooda, and the ever annoying Nattorei. Erufuun cant do anything to it, nor can any subseeder.

The Set I ran for him was:

Baffuron @ Leftovers
252 HP/128 SP.DEF/128 DEF
Herbivore/Adamant

Substitute
Afrobreak
Earthquake
Payback

This set can switch into Jarooda, Erufuun and Nattorei all day erry day, and gain boosts while they cant do squat to him. Substitute doesn't stop Herbivore from Functioning, so Subing up against Nattorei and getting +1 when they try to Leech Seed/Power Whip you (the default reaction to seeing Baffuron in my Testing) is viable. Jarooda can not use its signature Leaf Storm and Erufuun can do nothing to it at all.

Its also able to take on a Breloom TechMach Punch and live, and OHKO with Afrobreak. If paired with, say, Swampert, or other bulky waters that invite Bullet Seed, Baffuron can come in for free and deal with a dangerous threat. It also absorbs Spore, and can Survive a +2 Mach Punch if it comes in at full health (possibly. Moving more Evs into Defense would be advisable if your expecting it to do this often).

Payback will 0/2HKO Burungeru, OHKO Shandera (Make sure your taking it on at full HP though) and Earthquake gives it coverage.

His Bulk allows him to soak up damage from NonSE attacks from both the physical and Special sides of the spectrum and live, if hes not needed to check anything, and his Attack power isn't bad with this spread.

I've been doing some testing with this guy, and Baffuron with Herbivore has proven to be the best check for the Massive threat that is Jarooda, and the ever annoying Nattorei. Erufuun cant do anything to it, nor can any subseeder.

Baffuron @ Leftovers
Herbivore/Adamant

Substitute
Afrobreak
Earthquake
Payback

This set can switch into Jarooda, Erufuun and Nattorei all day erry day, and gain boosts while they cant do squat to him. Substitute doesn't stop Herbivore from Functioning, so Subing up against Nattorei and getting +1 when they try to Leech Seed/Power Whip you (the default reaction to seeing Baffuron in my Testing) is viable. Jarooda can not use its signature Leaf Storm and Erufuun can do nothing to it at all.

Its also able to take on a Breloom TechMach Punch and live, and OHKO with Afrobreak. If paired with, say, Swampert, or other bulky waters that invite Bullet Seed, Baffuron can come in for free and deal with a dangerous threat. It also absorbs Spore, and can Survive a +2 Mach Punch if it comes in at full health (possibly. Moving more Evs into Defense would be advisable if your expecting it to do this often).

Payback will 0/2HKO Burungeru, OHKO Shandera (Make sure your taking it on at full HP though) and Earthquake gives it coverage.

His Bulk allows him to soak up damage from NonSE attacks from both the physical and Special sides of the spectrum and live, if hes not needed to check anything, and his Attack power isn't bad with this spread.

You might want to consider using Megahorn to take care of Skymin.

Also try fixing the EVs.
252 HP/128 SP.DEF/128 DEF doesn't work well. I feel it's better to invest more in SP.DEF since it's more vital, considering the majority of the grass that your going to switch the afro in, is Specially Orientated.

Now if someone could give me a specific EV spread, it would be greatly appreciated.

Baffuron @ Leftovers
Herbivore/Adamant

Substitute
Afrobreak
Earthquake
Payback

A Nattorei can just set up on you when you run that set. It can set up 3 layers of spikes and then Gyro ball away your sub. No one somewhat intelligent will use Leech Seed on that.

It has 252HP and 128Def investment so far. Is that enough to survive a quickly punching mushroom and the recoil from KOing it with Afro Break?

Well, I cannot say anything more than the results of what I've tested. Baffuron has survived a Roobushin Mach Punch without a Sub, has survived Techniloom's unboosted Mach punch, and can also take hits from heavily offensive pokemon like Metagross, even though it doesn't appreciate them.

But, Baffuron is only a check to these sorts of threats when it meshes well with its partners. In testing, I used Chansey and Burungeru to draw out Nattorei (who fears nothing from Chansey) and Breloom respectively, and switched Baffuron in on the predicted Leech Seed or Spore/Bullet Seed to get the boost and move accordingly. The Spread I used gave me the bulk to take a TechMach Punch and KO back with Afro Break (And it survives the recoil, depending on what Entry Hazards are in play and it comes in at full health).

An unboosted Jarooda will never KO Baffuron with its hidden power, and in most cases wont even break a Sub. If Baffuron switches in on the Leaf Storm, it will beat Jarooda 1v1 (DW)

Also note that the majority of Nattorei that I saw with this set ran Leech Seed/Hazard/Thunder Wave/Power Whip, so the sub was never broken, allowing it to dispose of Nattorei with Earthquake and then dent the next pokemon with the appropriate move. Gyro Ball has been a relative unknown for me.

252 HP/128 Def/128 Sp.Def has worked out well for me, but feel free to try other spreads. This is just what responded well for me in testing

This guy seems like another good user of trickroom, with his low speed
but one question, how is afrobreak different from double-edge both do 120 damage 100 accuracy and deal recoil damage

It would probably be better to stick to return thrash as STAB.

Recoil + Life orb = bye bye from ferrothorn :P
Not Thrash. Never Thrash.

As with Normal-types that get Double-Edge, Return should be considered the primary STAB option, with Afro Break a more powerful alternative.

With Life Orb, yes.
With CB, Afro Break is much better than Return. With both Herbivore and Reckless abilities (of course Reckless makes Afro Break even better).

I tested this poke long ago, and it's a good one. Especially if you can lure a grass attack into it (Gastrodon/Swampert are masters in this regard. Vaporeon and Alomomola can Wish pass to Bouffalant though). CB Afro Break hurts even without Reckless, and it has great bulk as well.
Nice poke overall.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Guys stop mentioning 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD spreads they're bullshit. Max HP and Attack is the way to go.

Not a fucking bull for the last time...BUFFALO!!!

does ononkusu ohko with a +2 outrage with this ev spread?

252hp/128def/128 sp.def ?
Female buffalo are also cows. :P

I agree that investing in HP + Attack is the way to go. His bulk is nice so he can take a hit and hit back, but even with investment he's not going to be tanking many hits without support. Also, his support movepool doesn't accommodate that style of play.

This guy's animated sprite is cool. ^^

Yeah 252/128/128 is inefficient. I've been running Herby baffuron on a trick room team with rhyperior for a bit, and I've estimated calcs for you. Here is my TRbuffalo.

Bouffalant
Leftovers/Brave
252hp/180def/72SDef
Speed 0 IVs
Afro Break
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Taunt

This set really answers to breloom quite well. With SR damage, Techloom can't 3HKO without a crit, and focus punch sets are useless unless they predict your switch. You will end up with about 30-45% depending on SR and min/max damage. That set also stops Ferrothornfrom getting more the one set of spikes up, and his gyro ball does nothing. I never really considered SD, as I needed every TR turn. You could replace taunt. I don't really like megahorn and wild bolt isn't that strong against bulky waters without reckless or boosts.

Alternatively, 252hp/60def/192SDef can counter breloom with no SR up, so xatu/espeon partners would be nice, but then a breloom may not be so anxious to spore :X spinners don't usually get to do their job before Breloom decides he wants to spore something.

And unfortunately, my buffalo can survive unboosted stabs from haxsaur and conkel, but most boosts even without SR up will OHKO buffalo. He is a pseudo wall to a lot, but he is most definitely not a true wall, physically or specially. He's a slow with nice stat distribution; a poke with a great niche versus a type that is rising in popularity. We'll have to see how he will fair in UUnova ;)

BTW, I have had a ridiculous amount of fun with Baffalo, Rhyperior and Vaporeon. Just so you know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)