Bouffalant's big break!

This is my first RMT so I apologize in advance.

The main Sweeper of this team is a bulky Dragonite. Swampert and Bouffalant are great partners and Bouffalant is so uncommon that it works. Dusknoir and Chansey need work though. Infenape helps Dnite out alot.

Sorry but i couldn't figure out how to post sprites.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Roar

Swampert is a great lead for setting up stealth rocks and fits into this team great. Waterfall and EQ for double STABs and Roar because i can not afford to be set up on. Not so sure about the EVs and nature though.

Bouffalant (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Head Charge
- Wild Charge
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

This guy was made to be Swampert's partner, Sap Sipper absorbs all grass move including leech seed and gives him plus one in attack. It allows me to switch in on a grass type and then hit it with a Megahorn for a kill. Wild Charge is for Skarmory and EQ for other steels. Finally Head Charge is the main STAB without even a boost this thing hit really hard.

Dusknoir (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak

Honestly not sure why i have this. Will-O-Wisp is great for spreading the burn on physical attackers. With Dusknoir's bellow average HP Pain Split works great. EQ for coverage and Shadow Sneak for STAB and priority.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Counter
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Counter Chansey is my favorite set in the whole Blissey/Chansey family. It can be devastating to physical attackers. Softboiled for reliable recovery although Wish for support might be helpful. Toxic and Seismic Toss for the stall.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Infernape is my alternate lead and can clear Dragonites counters cleanly. Has priority with Mach Punch to help revenge kill here and there. Overheat and Close Combat allows him to break common walls. U-turn to hit Psy and to bail if needed.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

The main sweeper of this team designed to be bulky and to abuse Multiscale with roost. Dragon claw is more reliable than Outrage. Earthquake for those pesky steels. Dragon dance can allow dnite to sweep.

It seems like swampert and bouffalant work well together due to the latter's ability. I never would have thought of that. Also, those spd ev's should help becuase I believe that most grass type moves are special. I am far from an end all be all expert on pokemon, but it would probably be best to test this team and find what things give you difficulty.

Edit: it looks like breloom could hassle both swampert and Bouffalant, so you should keep that in mind

Im having trouble with gliscor really... but breloom is easy to take down because spore dosnt work and most people give me the boost and i then hit them with a megahorn

Hi Soupy. Props for trying to use Bouffalant.

However, if you really want to base a team around him you need paralysis support. He's simply not fast enough to threaten most pokemon, as they can simply KO him before he gets a chance to attack with his beautifully styled afro. All jokes, aside, the rest of your team won't be winning many races either (even Infernape). For this reason, Jirachi is a great fit for your team. Try him out over Swampert or Chansey. Here's the set:

Jirachi@Leftovers
Careful Nature, 252HP, 224 SpD, 32 Spe
Iron Head
Wish
Thunder Wave/Body Slam
Stealth Rock/Fire Punch

Your team need paralysis, and Jirachi is arguably the best around at spreading it. Iron Head is STAB, but more on it in a second. Wish provides healing, and keeps your team fit for the whole fight. The paralysis move depends on what you want to hit. Thunder Wave is 100% accurate, but can't hit ground types. Body Slam, on the other hand, is less reliable and misses Ghosts, but nails grounds such as Excadrill and Gliscor. I personally like Body Slam since it does a bit of damage, and Jirachi can handle Ghosts (barring Jellicent) just fine. The last slot depends on who you replace; Stealth Rock if it's Swampert, or Fire Punch if you opt to remove Chansey.

Whatever moves you choose, Serene Grace, Iron Head, and paralysis combine to form one of the most hated combos in all of pokemon: Paraflinching. Between paralysis and Iron Head's 60% flinch rate (normally 30%), Jirachi can stop unprepared teams in their tracks. Even teams who are prepared can be defeated by it; I once lost a Choice Scarf Magnezone to Jirachi after I flinched about 15 times in a row. Jirachi really gives any team a last-ditch safety net, and is a great fit here because of your paralysis needs.

Evolite Dusclops is a better pokemon overall than Dusknoir. It loses attack power, but has much more bulk. Try this set:

Dusclops@Evolite
Calm Nature, 252HP, 80 Def, 176 SpD
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split
Night Shade
Taunt/Ice Beam

Same ideas as your other set, but with Night Shade because Dusclops' attacking stats are laughable. Taunt stops setup, but Ice Beam can (kind of) threaten Gliscor and the Dragons.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)