Brackets (Playable on Aqua)

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Shouldn't the Trick Room check be with Speed+1 instead of Speed-1? Also your code is now more borked. Superfast mons end up with positive priority even in Trick Room, while it also flips the priority of moves.

For example, a 600 speed mon using Roar in Trick Room:
newpriority = -(-6 + math.floor((-600 - 1)/150)) = -(-6 + math.floor((-601)/150)) = -(-6 + -5) = -(-11) = 11.

You should subtract the Speed priority instead of adding if you're going to multiply everything by -1 afterwards, which also means you need to use a +1 to Speed instead of a -1, and you need to use ceil() instead of floor(). Or you could multiply Speed by -1 again. So with a 600 Speed mon using Roar in Trick Room you should get:
newpriority = -(-6 + math.floor((-(-600) - 1)/150)) = -(-6 + math.floor(599/150)) = -(-6 + 3) = -(-3) = 3.
A Pokémon with +3 Speed priority using Roar should have -3 priority normally, which if priority is flipped in Trick Room makes it +3.
Yeah thanks for pointing out that I forgot that negative

That moment when you realize random people know more about your meta than you do.

Anyway, I'd like to talk about Mega-Alakazam

Alakazam (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Magic Coat

We never considered Mega Zam before the creation of this meta, because we were looking at OU pokes, and he is BL. However, as seen in the replay, he can easily turn into an almost unstoppable sweeping force after mega evolving. 150 base speed and 175 base special attack is a perfect combo for Brackets, getting him to +2 priority with a speedy nature and outspeeding almost everything within that bracket. Honestly without speed boosts or Prankster/Gale Wings I don't see this thing being outpaced by anything useful. Psychic/Fighting is just okay coverage for spamming with, but Fighting is definitely necessary with things like Mega Jawsus and Mega Absol running around. I put Magic Coat on as a gimmick to surprise the inevitable Prankster Whimiscott sent out to ruin you, and it worked quite handily in the first battle. Sub is just a preference of mine. I personally think this poke is very strong, and though I imagine it has many counters, it possesses the potential to sweep unprepared teams.

We haven't really messed around with abusing Speed Boost yet, but I plan to soon.

And I really want a new signature ;~;

That moment when you realize random people know more about your meta than you do.

Anyway, I'd like to talk about Mega-Alakazam

Alakazam (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Magic Coat

We never considered Mega Zam before the creation of this meta, because we were looking at OU pokes, and he is BL. However, as seen in the replay, he can easily turn into an almost unstoppable sweeping force after mega evolving. 150 base speed and 175 base special attack is a perfect combo for Brackets, getting him to +2 priority with a speedy nature and outspeeding almost everything within that bracket. Honestly without speed boosts or Prankster/Gale Wings I don't see this thing being outpaced by anything useful. Psychic/Fighting is just okay coverage for spamming with, but Fighting is definitely necessary with things like Mega Jawsus and Mega Absol running around. I put Magic Coat on as a gimmick to surprise the inevitable Prankster Whimiscott sent out to ruin you, and it worked quite handily in the first battle. Sub is just a preference of mine. I personally think this poke is very strong, and though I imagine it has many counters, it possesses the potential to sweep unprepared teams.

We haven't really messed around with abusing Speed Boost yet, but I plan to soon.

And I really want a new signature ;~;
>Looking at OU pokes
Um TBF, Im not sure if you noticed, but Hawlucha is BL, Doublade is RU, Goodra is UU, Bronzong is RU, Politoed is PU of all things, Hippo is UU, Whimsicott is RU, Combusken is BL3, and finally Galvantula is UU. I had all tiers in mind, I don't know what you were thinking.

>Looking at OU pokes
Um TBF, Im not sure if you noticed, but Hawlucha is BL, Doublade is RU, Goodra is UU, Bronzong is RU, Politoed is PU of all things, Hippo is UU, Whimsicott is RU, Combusken is BL3, and finally Galvantula is UU. I had all tiers in mind, I don't know what you were thinking.
Lmbo kden. Our communication is pretty off I guess >.>

Guys, I think i have found the garbage strat that is broken in this game.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-brackets-2509
With that many speed boosts the amount of priority drops that whirlwind or roar bring are negated thus shuffling the opponent over hazards til death.
-Also surprise mega alakazam/gengar thing-
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-brackets-2511
2nd battle with the team, with tbf being more prepared for it the strat didn't work as well as it could have but it was still highly effective.

In order to counter this strat you need 1 thing, magic bounce. But really, this strat may warrant a ban or limit on whirlwind.

-Also sorry for the lack of postings on the thread, snaq's server was borked for a long time-

Guys, I think i have found the garbage strat that is broken in this game.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-brackets-2509
With that many speed boosts the amount of priority drops that whirlwind or roar bring are negated thus shuffling the opponent over hazards til death.
-Also surprise mega alakazam/gengar thing-
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-brackets-2511
2nd battle with the team, with tbf being more prepared for it the strat didn't work as well as it could have but it was still highly effective.

In order to counter this strat you need 1 thing, magic bounce. But really, this strat may warrant a ban or limit on whirlwind.

-Also sorry for the lack of postings on the thread, snaq's server was borked for a long time-
lol, you're so fast you outprioritize Mega Evolution and switching. That's hilarious. 'Kay, one thing this meta needs added is that switching and Mega Evolution need a massive priority increase, and Pursuit needs special coding for when the foe tries to switch out as well.

lol, you're so fast you outprioritize Mega Evolution and switching. That's hilarious. 'Kay, one thing this meta needs added is that switching and Mega Evolution need a massive priority increase, and Pursuit needs special coding for when the foe tries to switch out as well.
Tagging pikachuun so he can do that stuff.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Tagging pikachuun so he can do that stuff.
Funnily enough I wasn't tagged by this, but that should be able to be fixed by having the priority cap at the normal maximum priority (or the normal priority in the case of switching out + pursuit).

EDIT: Done, set a cap at 5.99 (if it's ≥ 6 it will go to 5.99) and had the move check to see if a move with a priority ≥ 6 was used (pursuit's case).

Last edited:
Funnily enough I wasn't tagged by this, but that should be able to be fixed by having the priority cap at the normal maximum priority (or the normal priority in the case of switching out + pursuit).

EDIT: Done, set a cap at 5.99 (if it's ≥ 6 it will go to 5.99) and had the move check to see if a move with a priority ≥ 6 was used (pursuit's case).
If im thinking through this correctly, this means that all of the roar/whirlwind shenanigans are dead. RIP. Also thanks for fixing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)