SS UU Brambles, the mixed team centered around lucario and roserade!

I've just recently gotten back into the meta (I left when Dexit happened.) and I tried putting together a team in the new meta. besides the two main guys (roserade and lucario) I'm okay with any of the others being switched out. so, let's get into it.

Roserade.jpg

Rose (Roserade) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
The first part of my offensive core, Rose is designed to both annoy and sweep. anything that tries to fight it will take some heavy damage, and any supereffective switch is typically silenced with sleep powder. I've found it's really good with a lot of the meta, plus it stops Milotic in it's tracks, which is basically required on a team at this point from what I've read.

Lucario.jpeg

Thorn (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
The physical portion of my offensive core, Thorn. I chose earthquake over meteor mash because I baiting fire types is something I really need, as both of my hardest hitters are weak to it. it also takes care of electric types that I've seen switching in. the rest is the normal setup sweeper set.

Vaporeon.jpg

Stardew (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
Stardew is my resident healer. an able physician who's able to both cure statuses and heal injuries. I've also found that they can be a decent defensive wall when I need it, as well as more fire coverage.

RotomMow.jpeg

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
Rotom-Mow is a bit of a wild card. He help out with flyers, and in general can provide some type coverage. He also proves a nice pivot, as well being able to trick people into getting stuck in one move, crippling some leads.
Gastrodon.png

Snell (Gastrodon-East) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic
Snell provides a Special wall as well as some coverage for electricity. I've found that when they can't check him properly he can actually sweep. In general it's just the basic wall though.
Mantine.jpg

Ray (Mantine) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane
Ray is the clean up. It provides defog support to stop people from annoying my team with hazards, and it tends to be able to cover a lot of bases with its moves. I chose hurricane over haze to get that little bit of extra coverage and oomph in her attacks.

What do you guys think? anything you think I should switch around? Moves I might want to change?

Last edited:
Hey man your team looks quite decent but there is some issues that we should fix.

This main core is quite effective and I think we can keep it without any issue. However I'm not sure Gastrodon is a good addition especially as an Electrik-type check. Indeed most of our Electrik-types can pressure Gastrodon with ease. Rotom-Mow with Leaf Storm, Heliolisk with Grass Knot (2HKO with LO / Specs and even Expert Belt). Toxtricity is the only one which doesn't have some super-effective coverage to hit Gastrodon but it's such a powerhouse that it can 2HKO max spd Gastrodon with its Choice Specs Boomburst. With that in mind and the fact that your team doesn't have any Stealth Rock setter, I would opt for something like Rhyperior / Gigalith in your team. Gigalith may sounds a bit weird considering you have Synthesis on Roserade so Rhyperior may be the better choice (but Gigalith should work and you can still replace Synthesis by Giga-Drain). Rhyperior is also a really nice check to Noivern which can bother quite a lot your team thanks to Taunt + Toxic. However if we take one of this Rock-type, there is still a big issue which is Choice Specs Gardevoir. That's why I opted for Bronzong > Rhyperior. In order to be less passive vs Volt-Turn and Noivern, I also replace Heal Bell on Vaporeon for Ice Beam. With Wish support, Bronzong is able to handle most Electric-types which is what we looking for at the beginning by replacing Gastrodon.

The team will probably work a bit better like that. Since the team doesn't have any Ghost-type answer, I decide to invest 12 EVs en spd on Mantine in order to be able to handle 2 Shadow Ball from Choice Specs Chandelure. I also replace Hurricane since it's not a good option on Mantine and make some EVs adjustments (like the one on Mantine but also 28 EVs on defense on Bronzong to handle an Adamant Choice Band Close Combat from Sirftech'd). I hope the team will be better and you’ll have even more fun by playing with it.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes / Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature or Sassy Nature (if Heavy Slam)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect / Heavy Slam
- Psychic

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Nasty Plot
- Leaf Storm

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic / Haze
- Scald

Hey, SgtSkitman I love the concept of Roserade + Lucario because they support each other so well, however; I do think this team needs some work. First off you lack Stealth Rock, which is mandatory on every team if you want to make progress at chipping away opposing teams for Lucario to pull off a sweep. You also have three bulky Water-types, which strikes me as odd when they essentially all check the exact same things bar a couple of outliers. Regardless two of these are a waste of a slot by stacking them.

Major Changes:

>
: As I said before I'm going to be replacing the bulky Water-types on this team. Bronzong gives you a needed Stealth Rock user and a Fairy resist that can actually pivot into Gardevoir safely. Bronzong also gives a better Roserade matchup with Lucario not wanting to be a switch in and it gives you a better matchup against Noivern. It's also helping you play around Rhyperior and Gigalith easier with being a safe switch in. I recommend using Earthquake in the last slot to catch Pokemon like Lucario, Chandelure, Duraludon, and Incineroar even if it is only a little bit of chip for the latter. It also helps with popping Cobalion's Shuca Berry for Gastrodon to deal with it better.

>
: I'm going to suggest you run Noivern instead as your entry hazard remover. Noivern is going to act as the main Speed control for the team alongside priority from Lucario so it plays an important role with dealing with Haxorus and Cobalion. Noivern is the main Fighting resist so it will be helping with a lot of matchups against stuff like Virizion and Sirfetch'd for example. I opted for Draco Meteor as a more reliable way of dealing with certain Dragon-types and in general, being fairly spammable but you can consider Hurricane.

>
: You lack a Ghost resist, which is definitely going to be a pain with me recommending Bronzong so I suggest using Incineroar over Rotom-C. Rotom-C seemed kind of forced here as Speed control and doesn't make too much sense on a team built around Roserade when they help break very similar things. Incineroar still gives you that pivot you wanted and it helps with your matchup against some physical attackers. It also helps you break Psychic-types a lot easier. My spread outpaces Goli and Weezing and has enough Defense to be a decent Doublade response.

Minor Changes:

(Spread Change): I recommend you use a physically defensive Gastrodon here to help you with matchups like Cobalion, Doublade, Escavalier, and Incineroar. With Bronzong on the team, the need to be a special sponge isn't required nearly as much. I also suggest you use Earth Power over Earthquake because it does significantly more to users like Cobalion and Doublade. With this, I'm changing your nature to Bold.

(Move Change): Earthquake is nice because it hits Doublade harder + avoids a potential Flame Body from Chandelure but I think Crunch is far superior right now. You can still hit these targets and OHKO Pokemon like Necrozma, Celebi, and Reuniclus after a boost too. It also lets you hit Jellicent and gives you super-effective coverage against Bronzong without lowering your Defenses.

(Optional Change): You could consider running a LO to guarantee the OHKO on Pokemon like Machamp and then run Synthesis over Sleep Powder but this does come at the cost of potentially giving up a free setup opportunity for Lucario. The decision is up to you.

<Click the Sprites for an Importable>
This team can have some issues with Haxorus because you are relying on Noivern with the support of Incineroar + Lucario but the matchup is doable. Certain Fighting-types can likewise be rather annoying to play around but the main ones would be Lucario and Machamp. Lucario can be checked with Gastrodon and Noivern + Bronzong can lure it with Earthquake. Machamp is a rather difficult matchup but it being slow does allow your Roserade and Lucario to beat it. Here are a couple of replays of the team in action 1, 2, 3, 4. I hope these suggestions help you out.

Hey, SgtSkitman I love the concept of Roserade + Lucario because they support each other so well, however; I do think this team needs some work. First off you lack Stealth Rock, which is mandatory on every team if you want to make progress at chipping away opposing teams for Lucario to pull off a sweep. You also have three bulky Water-types, which strikes me as odd when they essentially all check the exact same things bar a couple of outliers. Regardless two of these are a waste of a slot by stacking them.

Major Changes:

>
: As I said before I'm going to be replacing the bulky Water-types on this team. Bronzong gives you a needed Stealth Rock user and a Fairy resist that can actually pivot into Gardevoir safely. Bronzong also gives a better Roserade matchup with Lucario not wanting to be a switch in and it gives you a better matchup against Noivern. It's also helping you play around Rhyperior and Gigalith easier with being a safe switch in. I recommend using Earthquake in the last slot to catch Pokemon like Lucario, Chandelure, Duraludon, and Incineroar even if it is only a little bit of chip for the latter. It also helps with popping Cobalion's Shuca Berry for Gastrodon to deal with it better.

>
: I'm going to suggest you run Noivern instead as your entry hazard remover. Noivern is going to act as the main Speed control for the team alongside priority from Lucario so it plays an important role with dealing with Haxorus and Cobalion. Noivern is the main Fighting resist so it will be helping with a lot of matchups against stuff like Virizion and Sirfetch'd for example. I opted for Draco Meteor as a more reliable way of dealing with certain Dragon-types and in general, being fairly spammable but you can consider Hurricane.

>
: You lack a Ghost resist, which is definitely going to be a pain with me recommending Bronzong so I suggest using Incineroar over Rotom-C. Rotom-C seemed kind of forced here as Speed control and doesn't make too much sense on a team built around Roserade when they help break very similar things. Incineroar still gives you that pivot you wanted and it helps with your matchup against some physical attackers. It also helps you break Psychic-types a lot easier. My spread outpaces Goli and Weezing and has enough Defense to be a decent Doublade response.

Minor Changes:

(Spread Change): I recommend you use a physically defensive Gastrodon here to help you with matchups like Cobalion, Doublade, Escavalier, and Incineroar. With Bronzong on the team, the need to be a special sponge isn't required nearly as much. I also suggest you use Earth Power over Earthquake because it does significantly more to users like Cobalion and Doublade. With this, I'm changing your nature to Bold.

(Move Change): Earthquake is nice because it hits Doublade harder + avoids a potential Flame Body from Chandelure but I think Crunch is far superior right now. You can still hit these targets and OHKO Pokemon like Necrozma, Celebi, and Reuniclus after a boost too. It also lets you hit Jellicent and gives you super-effective coverage against Bronzong without lowering your Defenses.

(Optional Change): You could consider running a LO to guarantee the OHKO on Pokemon like Machamp and then run Synthesis over Sleep Powder but this does come at the cost of potentially giving up a free setup opportunity for Lucario. The decision is up to you.

<Click the Sprites for an Importable>
This team can have some issues with Haxorus because you are relying on Noivern with the support of Incineroar + Lucario but the matchup is doable. Certain Fighting-types can likewise be rather annoying to play around but the main ones would be Lucario and Machamp. Lucario can be checked with Gastrodon and Noivern + Bronzong can lure it with Earthquake. Machamp is a rather difficult matchup but it being slow does allow your Roserade and Lucario to beat it. Here are a couple of replays of the team in action 1, 2, 3, 4. I hope these suggestions help you out.
This team gets 6-0'd by Centiskorch

This team gets 6-0'd by Centiskorch
There is a Noivern that can pivot in relatively safely. Incineroar threatens to remove its boots with Knock Off, any instance where it attempts to pivot in on Bronzong you can Toxic it, it can't come in on Roserade with fear of Sludge Bomb and can be simply put to sleep, so I wouldn't say you get 6-0'd. The only thing it really comes in on is Lucario but even then +2 CC can drop it.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Centiskorch: 320-377 (93.8 - 110.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

If you want the matchup to be easier you can use Hurricane on Noivern as I slashed. Switching into Pokemon like Centi who is known to run 4 Ats is going to be very prediction reliant, similar to CB Haxorus. But Centi definitely has counterplay here, more so than CB hax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)