• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,

I am part (temporary) of a 'Breaking News' group.
Breaking News is a two-day, multi-media project on silent disasters.
These are major global problems that almost never make the news.
We, with this project, wish to change that, and bring these disasters into the spotlight.

I have an assignment, and that assignment is to make a public debate about destructive weapons used by the NATO during the Gulf War.
In the attacks NATO used bullets with enriched uranium, a radioactive substance.
These bullets can shoot right through tanks and other armored vehicles.
The enemy is powerless and can hardly protect themselves. If the shell even touches the tank, it creates a fireball that shoots into the air. Here it spreads the radioactive substance through the air over a larger area.
If bullets instead drill into the ground, is slowly starts polluting the soil.

Millions of Iraqis were exposed to excessive radioactivity this way.
Even though the attacks were more than 10 years ago, radioactive materials do not just disappear. Measurements show in southern Iraq still show way too much radioactivity.
The bullets enriched with uranium are also used in Afghanistan, Lebanon, the former Yugoslavia and rumor in Libya.

Now, what I want to ask you is this. Does the NATO, a organisation that claims to fight for peace, have the right to use these weapons? In my opinion, they're needlessly harming innocent civillians with them, which weren't even their intended targets.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
okay let's get one thing straight: those armour-piercing bullets are made of DEPLETED uranium. The danger is from the chemical toxicity of uranium, not any radioactivity. Do you honestly think NATO would make bullets of out a material that can be turned into a nuclear weapon? I'm closing this because you obviously have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

EDIT: according to wikipedia, depleted uranium was ruled out as the cause of Gulf War syndrome, what you seem to be describing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War_syndrome

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
you're such a dick cookie, he went through all the trouble of making an account and spent a month of research on that post

fucking fascist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)