Breaking the 1800 Threshold.

I have recently joined the Pokemon community in play.showdown. Although, I am getting used to the meta and the strategies involved, I do have a decent team that has helped me grind my way up to 1700. However, the pinnacle that is 1800 seems unbreakable. I would like someone with more insight about the game help me with my less than perfect team. First of all, it is not a weather team, and revolves around two bulky sweepers (scrafty and latios).

Uxie: Levitate
Choice Scarf
(252 sDef, 116 HP, 136 Def)
Bold Nature
Psychic
Trick
Thunder Wave
Momento

This pokemon is almost always my preferred lead. It has one job, and that is to cripple the opposing lead. Because it is choice scarfed, it will most likely go first, and hand over that scarf to the opposing threat. Once that is done, the opponent will switch out (or not), regardless giving me a free paralysis on the respective pokemon. That way, I will always start the game with at least one pokemon paralyzed and choice scarfed (hopefully, both will be on the opponent's team). If the opposing lead also leads with choice scarf, and avoids the damage done by trick. I just switch out into one of my tanks. Psychic is a powerful and somewhat underrated stab and the only attacking move. Uxie isn't meant to live, and that's why I finished the set off with Momento, to give my sweepers a bit more momentum.

Skarmory: Sturdy
Leftovers
(252 Def, 252 HP, 4 sDef)
Impish Nature
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost

After Uxie has either done (or failed to) its damage, I bring out this beast. I like its defensive stats and steel typing. It is a nuisance to play against, I just prioritize the set up hazards and whirlwind away. This pokemon gets rid of substitute/set up threats like Espeon/dragonite. Furthermore, it tanks any physical attacker with repetitive roosts. However, one downside is that, it obviously lacks an attacking skill, and thus, should be used cautiously. A good player will take advantage of this weakness and exploit it. After it has set up its spikes/rocks, its other main purpose is to tank physical beasts like garchomp/scizor.

Scrafty: Moxie
Leftovers/Shell bell
(252 Atk, 136 HP, 120 Sdef)
Adamant Nature
Bulk Up
Ice Punch
Drain Punch
Fire Punch

I have recently been smitten by scrafty. All other physical setup sweepers I tried to experiment with died too easily. I dont think any pokemon can rival its Bulky-ness while providing such raw power (besides scizor). This set always allows Scrafty to live one attack. I will send it out after Uxie has paralzyed or crippled someone with choice scarf. That way, its a safe switch. After one bulk up, the opponent wont be able to touch you with any physical skills. Thus, the 120 EVs in Sdef will give you some protection from special skills. Now, its all about momentum, if you land a kill with scrafty, Moxie will kick in and you will procede to sweep. Its quite a gamble, but most people expect an intimidate, its a good psychological tool in battle. This pokemon is essentially the MVP of the team. It can live a dragonite's outrage and proceed to one shot him even with multiscale (with just one bulk up). Fire punch to kill particularly kill grass/steel/bug types.

Vaporeon: Water Absorb
Leftovers
(252 Def, 252HP, 4sDef)
Bold Nature
Scald
Wish
Protect
Toxic

This is the one pokemon that I want to replace but haven't found a decent replacement for. I feel like Vaporeon doesn't accomplish anything for my team. It can tank some steal hits and wish/protect stall effectively but I personally feel that it doesn't mesh with the rest of my team. I would like someone's opinion on the synergy of this pokemon with the team. Like I said, this is the other front line tank of the team, it has water absorb to scare rain teams and switch into Hydropumps/waterfalls. It can also stall and scout with its set. Also, I really like scald, the burn chance is really under appreciated and will take people by surprise.

Lucario: Justified
Life Orb
(252Atk, 252Spe, 4sDef)
Swords Dance
Extremespeed
Close Combat
Crunch / Bullet Punch/ Earthquake

The first pokemon in my team that requires some babysitting. Its incredibly powerful and an amazing late game sweeper. I will only send him out when I am definitely sure it can live a couple of hits. The allows me to 2HKO many pokemon, and even sweep with only one swords dance. The extreme speed allows to take down fast sweepers with its priority. I used to run bullet punch on him, but chose to use Crunch instead after having a tough time against physic types, then decided to switch it for earthquake cause this team lacked a ground move. And close combat finishes the set, with a Stab.

Latios: Levitate
Expert Belt
(252 Satk, 252Spe, 4sDef)
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ground/Psyshock

Latios is the other big threat in the team. With amazing speed and special attack, only choice'd pokemon serve to be a threat. I use HP Ground/Psyshock interchangeably. If I run earthquake on Lucario, I would use Psyshock on Latios. The last thing you want is to have 4 Calm minds up and the opponent sends out a blissey. The Expert Belt is also a great offensive item, provided it doesn't give as much power as Life Orb, it will give a reasonable burst to super-effective moves.

Final Thoughts:
Its a team that has potential but is lacking in some areas. I was wondering if any one has any thoughts that can help improve my team. I am open to any suggestions. Thank you for all your assistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)