Breloom

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Two hits from Bullet Seed only amounts to 5 BP below Seed Bomb and it can break subs. It's always going to end up being the more practical choice on a Technician set. You should really just make it the only option.

Two hits from Bullet Seed only amounts to 5 BP below Seed Bomb and it can break subs. It's always going to end up being the more practical choice on a Technician set. You should really just make it the only option.
Done.

Life Orb Technician Breloom has a small chance of killing 4th gen Bulky Gyarados with 5 hits of Bullet Seed. A guaranteed 5HKO if Stealth Rock is in play, and the chance of a 4HKO is there as well.

Garchomp with no defense investment gets flat out 4HKOed by Bullet Seed no matter the circumstances.

Also Bullet Seed + Mach Punch with Stealth Rock factored has a 83% chance of killing Garchomp assuming only two hits of Bullet Seed land.

Jesus Christ.

Shanderaa gets OHKO'd if Bullet Seed hits 3 Times with Stealth Rock is in Play, so Shanderra isn't as much as a threat a she may seem.
I don't think your damage calc is correct. I'm returning 53.8% - 64.1% damage from 3 hits of technician boosted Bullet Seed.

Breloom is all the more excellent this gen due to being able to smack the tight defensive core of Nattorei+Burunkeru for Super Effective STAB
This. Also, getting technician is great for breloom, will he be on par with Scizor now? They have similar attack, but fighting is a better offensive type imo.

Hey, you should definitely list the old Swords Dance + Mach Punch set in the first post; Technician and the new Bullet Seed makes it 200% more beastly. Do some calcs and you'll see what I mean.

I've been having a lot of fun with Technician Breloom.

I can easily see it usurping the number one Breloom role from sub-seed/punch.

Another thing, Force Palm.
With 60 BP and chance at para-hax, definite force to be reckoned with.

Breloom@Fist Plate (Fist Plate, what a noob, amiright?)
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe Jolly
-Mach Punch
-Force Palm
-Bullet Seed
-Rock Tomb

With the incredible commonality of Spore most people still predict it as Breloom's first move. Force palm seems to be a very respectable 3HKO on many bulky threats like defensive Gyara.
However, you don't have to rely on it, Rock Tomb has the SAME power AND accuracy as its cousin Stone Edge with a 100% chance to lower speed instead of a boosted crit chance.
Mach Punch hits like a tank. Stronger than Roobushins non-boosted Mach Punch. 'Nuff said.
Bullet Seed is great. As was stated a few pages ago even 2 hits is within 5 effective BP of Seed Bomb plus it hits around substitutes. I really see a LOT more use for multi-hit moves this generation.

This has been a great Counter to any grass type (barring already boosted Jarooda) most notably Erufuun. I do miss out on Spore and Sword's Dance but I have a different dedicated status 'mon.
Mainly, I wanted to use this to see if Force Palm had any promise on the "new Techniloom." You may disagree, but I'm telling you, Force palm to be reckoned with. (demolishes new and improved Chansey with evo-stone, lol)

If Rock Tomb actually had more accuracy, I would suggest it over Stone Edge, but alas. The only moves worth using besides Bullet Seed, Spore, and Mach Punch are Ankle Sweep and Force Palm.

Threatening a 1HKO on Shandera that switches in with Stone Edge is probably a higher priority, but no matter the situation, you get revenge killed for free since Shandera outspeeds you.

Breloom@Life Orb/Toxic Orb -For the extra boost-For those subs-
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed Jolly
-Mach Punch
-Spore
-Bullet Seed
-Substitute/Swords Dance

Breloom@Life Orb/Toxic Orb -For the extra boost-For those subs-
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed Jolly
-Mach Punch
-Spore
-Bullet Seed
-Substitute/Swords Dance
If you're going with Spore and Substitute, you might was well just use the SubPuncher set. Mach Punch won't be doing enough to KO much and with LO recoil you won't even be able to make 4 subs.

Threatening a 1HKO on Shandera that switches in with Stone Edge is probably a higher priority, but no matter the situation, you get revenge killed for free since Shandera outspeeds you.
if you predict the switch than as long as either rock move hits you're in the clear

if you predict the switch than as long as either rock move hits you're in the clear
You seem to not understand what a revenge kill is. It means you just killed something, and they brought in Shandera on you. Meaning they then outspeed and kill you.

Herbivore baffuron enjoys brelooms :) STAB mach hurts but as long as you guys aren't runnin any other ighting move, hes gonna live it and OHKO you with +1 AFRO BREAK.

Just so you guys are aware of this! Sub stall til hes at 60%! OK?

Rock Tomb's accuracy isn't any worse than Stone Edge's, and when it allows you to outspeed a switch-in afterward, I'd say it's the better option. That said, Ankle Sweep is almost twice as powerful after STAB and has 100% accuracy, so it could be a superior to Rock Tomb, although its coverage is redundant with Mach Punch, and Breloom's STABs give it limited enough coverage with only spending two moveslots on them rather than three. So it really depends, but I wouldn't count out Rock Tomb as a viable option.

i just tried out life orb technician breloom on my team today with spore,SD,bullet seed,mach punch, and what great success i've had.

saved my butt twice.

definitely has more use than spore sub punch breloom due to the fact that it can OHKO with mach punch top threats such as doryuzu, min def/hp terakion, sazandora, kyuremu (with rocks) and others and thats with no setup whatsoever. very impressive.

and i think technician breloom will greatly appreciate rocks/spikes set up to get alot of other 1 hit kos.

I've been using an LO loom with mach punch/ankle sweep/bullet seed/stone edge since forever and it's extremely reliable.

Just like in last gen, breloom's unique typing gives it several interesting resistances, such as the edgequake combo. This is even more vital in gen 5 as it forces dory to use it's coverage move, typically x-scissor, which never KOs at +0. This means loom is free to stone edge to hit any incoming shandera.

Ankle sweep should seriously be considered on any offensive loom. The increase in power compared to mach punch guaranties a KO on nattorei, as well as hitting porygon 2 for more damage. It's side effect means that you can outspeed almost any counter if you hit them on the switch in. Really screws over any espeon thinking they can reflect a spore. :) It's a bit like breloom's answer to scizor's u-turn.

Not only techniloom is awesome for this gen, but the usual sporepuncher gets rid of this metagame new skarm/bliss , being nattorei and burunkeru. breloom outspeeds both and deals SE dmg ending up in a possible OHKO.
And yea techniloom seems much more viable since this gens top thread is doryuzu, getting mach punched in the face. Also able to break the previous mentioned defensive core, and if youre running a sandstorm team, im pretty sure TTar and Hippow will get owned by technician mach punch and bullet seed.

@ Life Orb
Technician
Adamant Nature ( +Atk, -SpAtk )
EV's: 6/252+/0/0/0/252
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Nuff said.

Mach Punch or Bullet Seed on Turn 1 if you've seen your opponent has a Buffuron or an Espeon. If they're out of the way, unleash the beast.
SD Scizor cries in a corner.

I think that lum berry shanderaa makes a nice counter for breloom. switch in on a spore, sub up on an incoming spore (if you want to risk bullet seed), then calm mind or just flamethrower for massive damage.

I use a SD TechniLoom on my team and to makes a great counter to defensive cores, a great Dory counter, and a good late game sweeper. Great poke this gen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)