SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

I mean, it's nice that it's possible... but... are you really going to go through the effort of manually transfering and then moving back 200 Pokemon on every NG just for the potential to have a couple weird pokes in your team?
…Sure? It’s not that hard at all? It’s like 5 minutes of low effort Pokemon moving if you’ve built up a living dex. You can just pick up the first 488 in home, plop em down, save in game, and move them back. I don’t see why you seem to think the actual effort behind moving all those Pokémon is anything troublesome. Like, getting the actual living dex isn’t the easiest but that’s a different conversation. It’s only like a trade evolution’s worth of taking time to do something if you have all the Pokémon on hand already. In exchange, the underground suddenly goes to having wild area tier Pokémon diversity. Sounds like an interesting way to mix up future playthroughs if I’ve ever heard one.

…Sure? It’s not that hard at all? It’s like 5 minutes of low effort Pokemon moving if you’ve built up a living dex. You can just pick up the first 488 in home, plop em down, save in game, and move them back. I don’t see why you seem to think the actual effort behind moving all those Pokémon is anything troublesome. Like, getting the actual living dex isn’t the easiest but that’s a different conversation. It’s only like a trade evolution’s worth of taking time to do something if you have all the Pokémon on hand already. In exchange, the underground suddenly goes to having wild area tier Pokémon diversity. Sounds like an interesting way to mix up future playthroughs if I’ve ever heard one.
You don't even need 488; it's just 150 for the Sinnoh dex

I hit fatina's mismagius with my skorupi's toxic during the semi-invulnerable turn of phantom force.

Turn 1: Mismagius phantom forces and disappears, Skorupi uses toxic... it lands? Mismagius takes chip damage
Turn 2: Mismagius attacks.

I don't see it noted anywhere that this is an intended interaction and that phantom force just dodges any incoming attacks during that turn. The skorupi is sniper. Are there any notes on this I haven't seen yet, am I dumb, or is this actually a new interaction?

I hit fatina's mismagius with my skorupi's toxic during the semi-invulnerable turn of phantom force.

Turn 1: Mismagius phantom forces and disappears, Skorupi uses toxic... it lands? Mismagius takes chip damage
Turn 2: Mismagius attacks.

I don't see it noted anywhere that this is an intended interaction and that phantom force just dodges any incoming attacks during that turn. The skorupi is sniper. Are there any notes on this I haven't seen yet, am I dumb, or is this actually a new interaction?
Poison types have transcendent accuracy on Toxic as of gen 6: it will always hit provided the Pokemon is not immune to it. Even on invulnerable turns.

It's not a "new" trick by any means, but the series gives so few opportunities to make use of it so here's a reminder about a trick yo ucan do in the Trophy Garden and you're having trouble finding the daily encounters:

Put a level 18 pokemon in front of your party and use a repel! The Trophy Garden is in a unique position where the only level 18 Pokemon that can show up in the garden are:
-Pikachu
-The daily Pokemon

That's it! Without using this trick I spent like 30 minutes one time trying to find anyone, with the trick I usually never have to do it longer than like...3 minutes. Maybe 5, if I have to run away from a Pikachu. I suggest having your level 18 pokemon hold a smoke ball so you can more easily run away from Pikachus or the other daily Pokemon.

Also a cute touch I noticed while running around: when you run through grass, the animation changes from a traditional run to a "push aside the grass" run.

Apparently the trigger for Barry's level increase is different from Dawn's/Lucas's? I assumed that both roster boosts would happen after entering the Hall of Fame ten times (like Barry in Platinum) but only Dawn had her higher-levelled team when I battled them both today.

It's especially sad because it's basically impossible to beat the hyperbuffed E4 that many times without ending up with a full team at level 100 or like 10 level 90+ mons, so even the 10-level boost wouldn't help him that much., but without it poor Barry is getting left behind by Cynthia, the E4, his dad, all the Gym Leaders, and now even Dawn lmao.

EDIT: also this is a total sidenote but AI trainers still don't know how to assess the effective power of multi-hit moves. There are several trainers' Mamoswine you can battle that know both Icicle Spear and Ice Shard but they always seem to see Ice Shard as the stronger option. Honestly it's saved my butt a couple of times in the Battle Tower.

Last edited:
I am now on my tenth tyrogue and every single one has had either a defense raising nature, an attack lowering nature or the attack ivs are nonexistant or significantly lower than the defense one.

This one I just caught has a defense lowering nature but the attack IVs are so bad that it's higher anyway and is causing it to constantly turn into either Hitmontop or Hitmonchan (I abandoned these level attempts after a few resets and experiments)

I am losing my mind usually its the Hitmontop I have the problem with getting when going for living dexes.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I am now on my tenth tyrogue and every single one has had either a defense raising nature, an attack lowering nature or the attack ivs are nonexistant or significantly lower than the defense one.

This one I just caught has a defense lowering nature but the attack IVs are so bad that it's higher anyway and is causing it to constantly turn into either Hitmontop or Hitmonchan (I abandoned these level attempts after a few resets and experiments)

I am losing my mind usually its the Hitmontop I have the problem with getting when going for living dexes.
If they're low enough Level you can usually manipulate their stats enough with Vitamins to get the Hitmon that you want, may take some experimenting with Hitmontop but as long as you load up a Tyrogue on Protein it usually evolves into a Hitmonlee.

If they're low enough Level you can usually manipulate their stats enough with Vitamins to get the Hitmon that you want, may take some experimenting with Hitmontop but as long as you load up a Tyrogue on Protein it usually evolves into a Hitmonlee.
Let me just say: not always
I finally got one with bad Defense IVs and a Defense lowering nature so it finally happened without me spending a ton on proteins.

My new ire: the great marsh exclusive encounters are, indeed, exclusive to the great marsh. It's so stupid....they have no qualms putting various Swarm and PokeRadar pokemon in the underground!

My new ire: the great marsh exclusive encounters are, indeed, exclusive to the great marsh. It's so stupid....they have no qualms putting various Swarm and PokeRadar pokemon in the underground!
Or adding the Honey Tree Pokémon in the Underground... with the exception of Burmy, Wurmple and Heracross, for some reason.

Honestly I'm a total Sinnoh apologist but the Great Marsh is one of the worst features of any Pokemon game ever. Platinum made it more bearable by at least making the common encounters more interesting (which is the bare minimum you want from a Safari Zone equivalent) but in DP/BDSP it's just awful. The binoculars barely even help! I still need to find Shroomish and Kangaskhan and it gives me more peace of mind to just run to each area and spam Sweet Scent a couple of dozen times or until I find the daily mon for that area.
Wurmple, Silcoon & Cascoon are all in the underground.

Heracross & Burmy, however, are extremely dumb.
For the first five days after I beat the main story I had to slather honey on every tree and check them all like three times a day, gradually eliminating any that spawned a Silcoon/Cascoon or multiple Wurmple, just to get one stupid Heracross. At least the updated map made it a little less awful, I guess.

For the first five days after I beat the main story I had to slather honey on every tree and check them all like three times a day, gradually eliminating any that spawned a Silcoon/Cascoon or multiple Wurmple, just to get one stupid Heracross. At least the updated map made it a little less awful, I guess.
You know, it's funny, because I got Heracross literally on the first Honey Tree I slathered.

Funny and sad, because I didn't think the game would autosave after the encounter, so I had to rely on a Bold Swarm Heracross XD

You know, it's funny, because I got Heracross literally on the first Honey Tree I slathered.

Funny and sad, because I didn't think the game would autosave after the encounter, so I had to rely on a Bold Swarm Heracross XD
BW-style XP makes breeding much more reasonable, if you can put up with the time required to hatch it. I just had a lvl 1 Riolu vs a lvl 19 Unown, the Riolu hit 13 after the battle. It really does not take long to catch something up to your team after it hatches. Just make absolutely sure that the first XP it gains is from participating in battle against the biggest threat you can, because the math works out so well if you do.

One neat little thing I've noticed about BDSP is how the age that appears for a Pokemon upon capture seems to be angled in a way that references the Pokemon's original DPPt sprites. I might edit in some comparisons later but I'm feeling a bit too lazy right now haha.
yeah it was noticed during the pre-release leaks and some people thought it meant the idle poses were changed lol

Their usual thing is:
-If they happen to have a special pose that fits perfectly, they use that. IE: Bibarel's pokemon amie/refresh/camp idle is sitting like its DP sprite, so they use that
-If they happen to have an animation that fits at least part of it perfectly, they loop that. IE: Aipom has an animation where it stands on its tail so while it doesnt have an "idle" in that state, it will run the entire animation for it, meanwhile Murkrow uses its "following" animation
-All else fails, they will use the standard idle animation and position it so it resembles the sprite's angle.

One neat little thing I've noticed about BDSP is how the age that appears for a Pokemon upon capture seems to be angled in a way that references the Pokemon's original DPPt sprites. I might edit in some comparisons later but I'm feeling a bit too lazy right now haha.
Some also use their Amie/Refresh pose(some of the birds and stuff like Bibarel), or one of their attack or walking/running animations, because at least one of the frames of that animation has a similar pose to their DP sprite

Alright so new update for sure does some changes to the hitboxes in the Grand Underground and fixes the glitched Repel message, anyone have an eye on if the messed up mon sets are fixed yet?
donning my cloak for an outing to the desert to once more find................[Feint Attack Delcatty]

Yeah I can't imagine they'd fix one and not the others. RIP Power Whip Mr. Mime we barely knew ye (though if any of the extractive dataminers are around I'd love to look at some diffs to peek under the hood a little more...)

Yeah I can't imagine they'd fix one and not the others. RIP Power Whip Mr. Mime we barely knew ye (though if any of the extractive dataminers are around I'd love to look at some diffs to peek under the hood a little more...)
It's possible Power Whip Mr Mime & Calm Mind Milotic are still around since even though they cant learn those moves they are still functional moves.

Whereas Feint ATtack & Snatch weren't.

Well, in that case they should at least make them able to learn those moves naturally.

Give us legitimate Crolotic you cowards!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)