Bringing back smogon groups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I'm sure most of you here remember smogon groups, things like "lets make a game" or "suicide cup" finally got a dedicated player/discussion base, it increased the social activity in smogon, and it overall was a very fun feature, and it really hurt nothing, it only helped.

I propose bringing back these, "smogon groups" would just make smogon more social, and bringing back an old feature that was lost in the transition to xeneforo just seems fitting

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
All of the data was lost so you would have to start over again.

Also I don't think xenforo has the feature at all!

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I support this, but unfortunately I'm not sure if it will ever be implemented again. Chaos says that they probably won't return, so I'm not sure that they will. If I can remember a vague description of what he said... it would be something about certain social groups being spam groups, or social groups being spammed by the likes of users like lelz, etc. Basically, chaos says no :[

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There's currently an Inside Scoop thread where people can request to recover data from old social groups. Just send a moderator a message with the name and group ID and they'll post in the thread, and chaos will get to it when he has time.

As for social groups coming back: The big problem with social groups is that dead ones become targets of spam, and since it's impossible to look after every social group it's not worth bringing them back.

I always found social groups a little awkward. They became pretty much the suburbs of Smogon. I'd rather everyone integrates on the actual forums than seek refuge on the pretty much invisible social groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)