Bringing Conkeldurr Back!!

Hi, Smogon. I'm back with another team that I made a few days ago. I used it in many battles, and am pretty happy with how it's doing. I've decided to bring Conkeldurr back, so this team is going to center around him. Well at least that's the plan. Like I said, it's doing really well, but there are a few issues here and there. So, let's get right to it.

THE TEAM!!

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 HP / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

The star of the team. I never see it being used anymore, so I decided to make a team around this threat, mainly cuz players don't expect him, and mainly to try out his power. The moveset and EV's are simple and from Smogon itself, so it's self-explanatory. Bulk Up sky rockets stats, Drain Punch, regains health, Ice Punch is for good coverage, and Mach Punch for the +whatever priority. My main goal is to try and sweep with him. To do so, I come in on a Ferro or a Forretress, and start setting up, OR predict Lati@s to come in or another mon htat resists the Fighting STAB. If I predict correctly, it puts the opponent in a position where at least something will faint or take a lot of damage.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Spd / 236 SDef
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

Now since Conkeldurr has absolutely horrible Special Defense even with the EV's, I needed a specially defensive mon to back it up. Jirachi came to mind as it resists BOTH types that hit Conk super effectively. It can also sponge Dracos and other special moves, but Specs Hydro Pumps in the rain can dent it, and Fire Blasts in the sun rape this pixie ;_; But I've got something just for that coming up later. Anyway, again, EVs and moveset is the simple. Paraflinch ftw, especially in tough situations. And seriously, who doesn't like Jirachi's hax? Well.. using it. Not facing it. We all wanna rip our balls off when Rachi starts haxing our teams. Wish supports the whole team as it replenishes health, and with Protect, Rachi can scout AND regain its own health back from wish. Honestly I don't understand how the SubCM is now the most popular set (damned rain dominant meta, nice job GameFreak -_-). But yeah, Rachi is a great poke, and can really support the team to the fullest.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Ttar... Banded. After using this set I undestand why it's so popular. That pure power, with typings that are extremely powerful. Banded Ttar rids of the Ghost types, Psychic types, and Flying Types standing in Conk's path. It also brings the sand, which cancels out the perma sun/rain of other teams temporarly. It's really helpful, especially for Rachi, as I can switch out to Ttar and with the Special Defense boost, take Fire Blasts all day every day, bar burns. Crunch straight out massacres all sorts of mons weak physically, and pursuit takes out Lati@s lockied into Psyshock or Psychic. Crit Pursuit also takes out pretty much anything that has no Defensive investment. Stone Edge, with that crit chance, allows me to take out Levitating or Flying mons, and hopefully, sometimes, Sheer Lando. Superpower of course diminishes other Ttars, Ferro, or w.e that thinks it can wall him. Sand is also great for the Chlorophyll threats.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Next, I needed something that can set up Stealth Rocks, and take hits decently. I've always wanted to use Lando-T, and the bulky set looks promising. Taking physical hits for days, plus Wish support, Lando seemed like a solid choice. So, again, standard set. Stone Edge hits all Levitaters and Flying types, Earthquake is a powerful STAB, and U-turn creates momentum. Being a Physical wall that has synergy with Rachi, it's just perfect. Not much else to say.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Looking at the team so far, there are absolutely no mons that are fast. well.. shit. Slap a scarf on Keldeo, one of the top threats. Done. Ok now to be serious, Keldeo actually hits opponent mons hard, especially those that threaten my team. It outspeeds many pokes, and is a great revenge killer. Also, Sheer Lando can just die if it doesn't have Rock Polish... I'm deciding to change the moves since I think Surf and Hydro Pump are sorta redundant... I have no idea what to use though. Besides that, like I said its a revenge killer and a great threat to opponents. Creates pressure on them (y).

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

At this point, I just decided to have a spinner, cuz I just really don't want hazards on my side at all. Who does, really? I also wanted a Spikes user BESIDES Ferro. Also, with a new moveset, I can escape Zone with ease, if I predict correctly. And with Gyro Ball on the same set, I can hit Terrakion hard, as well as other fast mons. Basically this is just a filler, and I'm starting to question its role here. But whatever, that's why I'm posting. I need advice. Good advice.

Ok with that aside... THREAT LIST

THOSE BIG THREATS

Arceus dammit, everytime I make a team, THIS (BAN ME PLEASE) ALWAYS APPEARS AS NUMBER ONE THREAT. In this case, it's the RP variant. Every. Single. TIME!! I don't even know why this exists -_-

Sleep Powder is getting annoying. Even without sun up, this first ever starter gets on my nerves. HP Ice isn't gonna do SHEEEIIIT
RAIN TEAMS IN GENERAL
SUN TEAMS IN GENERAL

Another sleep inducer. Honestly Sleep inducers in general. acutally, I can work around all kinds of breloom. Scarf Kedleo just has to come in on an unboosted Loom, and HP Ice SHOULD do the trick...

That's pretty much it for now.... these are the only noticeable threats I've seen.

OTHER OPTIONS :OOO
So, I'm not entirely hopeless when thinking of changes and shit to make my team better. I fully well know that
can pretty much take on most of the threats listed above, but I don't know who to replace or what set to use cuz I'm just not familiar at all with Latias. Plus I've checked the sets alrady given and they don't really seem too helpful.
I also am considering Sleep Talk on Conk. Guts is activated (I think) so with that I can still attack and stuff... also I'm not entirely hopeless against sleep.
That's all other other options I'm considering right now. But I'm all ears for your suggestions :) (no srsly help me I find the threat list annoying as hell o__o")
And there you have it. My Conk team, with enough support, but with visible holes.

Rate rate rate :D...............

I like this team alot, You've definitely put thought into it.
Conk is underrated for sure, makes life easier against those terrakions and stallish teams.

Personally I dont see a need for forretress. I mean spin and spikes are definitely nice, but in saying that you don't have anything in desperate need of a spin, and while spikes are nice... I think Latias > forretress would be a nice change.

you we're right about Latias fixing a ton of your problems also providing you an answer to Keldeo wich looks like it can just run through your team, it also helps against rotom wash and breloom, while also dealing with sun,toed, lando I...

Need I say more?

Latias @lifeorb
Timid 252 Speed 72 hp 184 Spatt

Roost
Draco Meteor
Psyshock
hidden power [fire] / Surf

This should help out a bit more.

Personally, I believe Conkeldurr is most viable in Trick Room where it's low Speed is an advantage.
In that case, I use Cresselia as a core due to bulk and the ability to set up TR, Lunar Dance and allow Conkel to sweep again

One suggestion is that to get rid of the redundant coverage offered by Surf and Hydropump on Keldeo, you could replace HP Ice with HP Electric, and your least favourite of Surf/Hydro Pump with Icy Wind. The loss in power in your ice type move is noticeable, but it does give you quite a few more options, and you may find it quite useful.

Also, for Conkeldurr, why are you running 3 punches and Guts? It would probably be a better idea to run Iron Fist for that sweet guaranteed 30% damage increase. It's generally not a good idea to use a status orb if you're running a set-up mon, so you probably should just swap Guts to Iron fist.

Something I've noticed is that your team really kind of hates rain, as well as sun. Try replacing Forretress with Tentacruel with a Rapid Spin, Toxic Spikes, Scald, Protect set. The protect is for scouting and recovery with Rain Dish in the rain, TS gives you some hazards to lay down, and Scald helps toxic spikes spread statuses. It fills a similar role to Forretress, but I feel it's probably a bit more reliable and may synergise with your team quite well.

Good luck :D

Another idea might be to include Swift Swim Kingdra as an anti-meta mon.
Swift Swim Kingdra is a beast vs Rain teams, taking advantage of the increased speed and the high-powered Hydro Pumps.
It also does well vs Sun, resisting most pokemon.
More importantly, it has 4x resistances to both fire and water, rendering them useless even in optimal weather.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)