Brock Returns

Hello guys this is my second thread on smogon I hope you like it. This time I brought to your attention a gym leader based team just because I consider the actual metagame kinda boring and unoriginal.
So i look at one of my favourite gym leaders of all time : Brock and I got his team from stadium 2 the rematch one so without more talking here's my team:

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Dragon Tail

Few thing to say about Steelix ,is Onix evolution it can set stealthrock, making the opponent switch and some times deal some damage with a powerful Gyroball. And the good thing is that: with sturdy it can take even a super effective special attack without fainting and then using stealth rock or dishing out some damage. Also Steelix is a defensive behemoth even super effective moves are sponged by him, gyroball also gives him a valuable stab move,earthquake is just for coverage.

Rhydon (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 84 SDef / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Standard eviolite Rhydon but i changed the first move to avalanche because i can put stealth rock with Steelix and also avalanche can destroy Zapdos and other pokemon with less of half health.Rock pokemon are actually pretty good in UU and Rhydon is a great example of why they're so good: great attack and gargantuan defenses Rhydon covers a niche for beeing the only useful rock-ground pokemon having acess to eviolite this makes him even better.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

I personally think that Slowbro is one of the best pokemon out of here useful abilities overall good stats and also it is a good set-upper.He's there for one thing: defensive behemoth why you may ask, well the answer is simple my pokemon have high attack and defense so i need something to wear down dusclops vaporeon and bulky water types like swampert and milotic. If you are here you may have noticed that I love bulky pokemon Slowbro emphasize this even better : natural physical bulk passable sp.attack it can take status pretty good especially burn but it doesn't like toxic that much.If you have noticed my team lacks in special attackers and special walls so Slowbro is an all in one combo.

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Power Split
- Rest
- Rollout
- Toxic

Behold the tremendous power that is Shuckle sky-high defenses and tricky movepool and ability.
Here how it works: if there is a strong attacking pokemon like Ursaring or Heracross I use powersplit so i cripple it then i'll proceed with toxic or rollout.
If it is statused it can use rest. A fun fact imagine that thing with contrary against a pokemon with intimidate.
For an example: yesterday i was battling against a guy with a "Curselax" after 3 curses i thought it was over but then i sent out Shuckle and with powersplit i managed to steal Snorlax attack and tear it down with a rollout combo.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Here comes the melee attacker of this team along with Ursaring and Rhydon is one of the 3 village crushers.With choice scarf it can outspeed his counters and proceed to eliminate them.Just 2 moxie boost and for the opponent is game.
Close combat is the main attacking move followed by megahorn and stone-edge .
I tried leftovers on Heracross actually he's pretty good the only problem is Heracross speed.
If i use choiceband it is going to work or not please give me an answer thank you in advance.:heart:

Ursaring (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Protect

The original village crusher is main and only problem is his speed he's too slow but anyway i'll start with protect just to activate the flame orb and then proceed to smash the opponent with facade if the opponent is neutral ,crunch if the opponent is a ghost or close combat if it is steel or rock.
The main problem of Ursaring are his speed but also his staying- power which is lacking.

So guys let me know what do you think,thank you in advance:heart: and see you in the next thread ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)