Bruno, Chuck, Bradley, Maylene, Renbu, Move Over...

.:Introduction:.
Hey there everyone. Welcome to my most successful team in 5th gen, aslo my favorite, and is usable in my favorite metagame, my 5th gen mono-fighting team. Say anything about roopushin being on this team and I'll stop reading your post. Back to the team. I've always been in love with monotype, and with the new additions to the fighting types in 5th gen, I could recreate my old team, and make it much better. My old 4th gen team had the exact same typing as this one, but the pokes really didn't cut it. With 5th gen, they made the same typings, and were better pokes in general, and were a great addition to my team. So, without further ado, here's the team.
Exportable:
Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 104 Atk / 152 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Close Combat

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Kerudio @ Leftovers
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Calm Mind

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Earthquake Spiral
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

Zuruzukin @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Crunch
- Drain Punch

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse

Guess what else is cool about this team 0:
It has a pokemon from every gen except gen 1. Suck it machamp.

.:Team at a glance:.
==================================================

.:In Depth:.
Changes will be made in Bold

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 104 Atk / 152 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Close Combat
I wouldn't believe it if you didn't see this set coming, it's the generic sr lead infernape. At first I picked him because I knew two things: He was a fighting type, and he could lay down stealth rock. After doing some research on serebii, I quickly scrolled through the list of pokes that could learn sr, then learned not only is he a good fighting sr lead, but he is the ONLY fighting sr lead. I was glad, too. He was annoying with fake out, and his already immense speed, then you add overheat and close combat. I played my friend with this team, and immediately when he saw this lead he went FU- then I swept him 6-0. Basically, infernape = fast, strong, annoying.

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
Will put desc. later

Kerudio @ Leftovers
Trait: Justice Heart
- Boil Over
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Calm Mind
Let's be honest. I'm sure most of you went "IS THAT A FRICKEN PONY?" when you first saw this. I sure did. Then I learned it was FIGHTING TYPE. So I basically assumed we had a my lil' pony replica flying around punching things in the face with arms it grew out of no where. Then, we got the stats and everything. It was SPECIALLY BASED. AND IT WAS WATER/FIGHTING. AND IT'S STATS DIDN'T SUCK. This thing basically flew and landed on Poliwrath, because we actually got a GOOD Water/Fighting type. It's fast, strong, and with this set, it calm minds and is over-powered. This guy has swept countless teams, and this team would probably suck without it. Go try it out. Too fast, too strong, too many dead pokes on the other team, and you still can't OHKO this guy, even if you're scarfed. Unless you're part of the over-power creep this gen. This guy is basically the angel of lucario, because he does luke's special sweeping job, except BETTER.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Earthquake Spiral
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash
Best. Physical. Sweeper. Ever. No more should ever be said about this guy. When given Earthquake Spiral, you have a great heracross, and no need to make him adamant, speeding him up. Then you give him choice scarf, and he's become a train. He's moving too fast, and there's nothing to stop him with. He resists most priority too- so that's great for him. But, there's always the problem of pokes whos speed get doubled in weather. They get handled by other team members first, and THEN you release this guy, and basically, ScarfCross + No Counters = Sweep. Earthquake Spiral has been translated differently, so if you're lost, PO's translation is the Earthquake Spiral is the ability that +1's attack everytime a poke is killed. Combine this with high base power moves like stone edge, megahorn, and close combat, and you DEFINETELY have a insane physical sweeper. But, his biggest downfall is his low accuracy moves that do so much. Even with the low accuracy moves, this guy is coming back to OU for 5th gen, so be prepared.

Zuruzukin @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
You all suggested him, so... here he is. He hasn't really made much of a difference (inb4gasp) but he is annoying to face, so at this point, I'm going to keep him. If he ever makes this team start to bore me, it's straight back to Cobalon. I'm still stuck between Drain Punch and Hi Jump Kick, because Rest heals the hjk damage, but other people still say Drain Punch. Zuru does counter the extremely rare psychic type, so I guess he's better for this team than Cobalon because Cobalon was a sweeper and I already had enough of those. Him being the fighting type with the highest defenses helps too, so he can slow down the game, and give me time to think after I've gone on a giant sweeping rampage.

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
Toxicroak is definetely a... different pokemon. He can run special and physical sets, and because of a lack of good special attackers in OU, here his is, back with nasty plot and Dry Skin, useful for getting rid of those rain abusers to get heracross up and ready for action. He also was blessed with the only special priority in the game, and STAB too- Vacuum Wave. Sludge Bomb actually has been useful because of it posioning stuff, and it being STAB is always good too. Dark Pulse is just for my favorite thing to annoy people with in the world- flinching. He's my only real counter to rain, because bring him out in sun would be stupid. He can also counter doryuuzu. THAT'S RIGHT, I CAN DO THAT WITHOUT ROOPUSHIN. His lack in power for sp atk without a nasty plot boost isn't appealing, but at least he does something for the team.

.:Threat List:.
Threats will be listed as I encounter them​
Offensive:
Aakeosu -
Aerodactyl -
Agirudaa -
Aianto -
Azelf -
Baffuron -
Basurao -
Birijion -
Blaziken -
Borutorosu -
Breloom -
Daikenki -
Darkrai - Vacuum Wave from Toxicroak or Fake Out from Infernape is pretty good, and I can always abuse sleep clause. Besides, this is a mono-fighting team, right?
Deoxys -
Deoxys-A -
Deoxys-S -
Denchura -
Doredia -
Doryuuzu - One Vacuum Wave from Toxicroak should do it, otherwise I just have to do some smart playing, including fake out from Infernape, or Kerudio, because he can usually survive a hit from Dory.
Dragonite -
Electivire -
Empoleon -
Enbuoo -
Flygon -
Gamageroge -
Garchomp -
Gengar -
Genosect -
Goruugu -
Gyarados -
Hahakomori -
Heatran -
Heracross -
Hihidaruma -
Infernape -
Jarooda -
Jirachi -
Jolteon -
Kerudio -
Kingdra -
Kirikizan -
Kojondo -
Kobaruon -
Kurimugan -
Kyurem -
Latios -
Lepardas -
Lucario -
Machamp -
Magnezone -
Mamoswine -
Mebukijika -
Meloetta-S -
Meloetta-V -
Metagross -
Nageki -
Ninjask -
Ononokusu -
Randorosu -
Rankurusu -
Roobushin -
Roserade -
Salamence -
Sazandora -
Scizor -
Shandera -
Shaymin -
Shaymin-S -
Shibirudon -
Shinboraa -
Shubarugo -
Smeargle -
Starmie -
Terakion -
Togekiss -
Torunerosu -
Tsunbear -
Tyranitar -
Urugamosu -
Victini -
Warubiaru -
Weavile -
Zeburaika -
Zoroark -
Zuruzukin -

Defensive:
Blissey -
Bronzong -
Burungeru -
Celebi -
Chansey -
Dasutodasu -
Deoxys-D -
Desukaan -
Dusknoir -
Erufuun -
Forretress -
Furijio -
Gigaiasu -
Gigigiaru -
Gliscor -
Hippowdon -
Iwaparesu -
Latias -
Mamanbou -
Nattorei - An Overheat from Infernape or a fighting move from anyone easily 1-2HKO's it
Oobemu -
Pendoraa -
Porygon2 -
Rotom-A -
Skarmory - Breloom spores it or an Overheat from Infernape usually makes it never be seen again
Snorlax -
Suicune -
Swampert -
Tentacruel -
Vaporeon -
Vuljiina -
Zapdos -

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Comments, Crit, and anything else is appreciated.

Wow, very nice team! Just a little nitpick on Kerudio: you should change Focus Blast for Mystery Sword, which is basically a Fighting type Psycho Shock.

I love mono-fighting. Fun stuff when it comes to mono-type teams.

You should change Kerudio's Boil Over to Surf, as a sweeper shouldn't be trying to burn things when it can outright kill them.

Kerudio: FB to Mystery Sword (however this is not mandatory as hitting defense instead of sp. defense changes a lot and Mystery Sword is less powerful against many foes), Boiling Water to Surf. Also, just asking: the lists of offensive and defensive threats is endless. I'd assume you don't have problems with all these?!? It just looks really sloppy is all. I also think Toxicroak should drop DP if possible, but with no Psychic counter..forget I said that.

EDIT: I mean on Toxicroak, not in the whole team.

Yeah as far as mono teams go Fighting is one of the best along with Dragon and maybe Ghost. I think you definitely need to use a Zuruzukin though somewhere to absorb Psychic attacks.

Zuruzukin@Leftovers
Shed Skin
(+SpD, -SpA) 252 HP / 4 Df / 252 SpD
Bulk Up
Rest
Crunch
Drain Punch/High Jump Kick

Being immune to Psychic lets you come in and Crunch Rankurusu. Your amazing defenses coupled with Bulk Up makes you incredibly sturdy, and Shed Skin and Rest help to alleviate status and get you back to full health. Dual STABs are all you need since, ironically, only opposing Toxicroak and Heracross resist that coverage. With Bulk Up Drain Punch becomes a reliable way to attack and heal at the same time, or you can just use HJK for a severe increase in power. I'd replace Kobaruon with it.

And as others have said use Mystery Sword and Surf/Hydro Pump on Kerudio

Thanks for all the feedback
Maybe I should've mentioned this but sometimes I find myself winning only because Kerudio burns the opponent or has the high power in focus blast, so I really don't see a need in changing them. Also, If I use that Zuruzukin, shouldn't I be using HJK over DP because I already have reliable recovery in Rest?

You need Zuruzukin in there.... in place of Kobaruan? I'd recommend a typical 252Hp/252SpD Bulk Up Zuru. It helps take care of psychic types, for whom your only check so far is heracross, who can't even switch in to them and I can't really see Kobaruan being very effective.

Alright, so I got rid of Cobalon and put in Zuruzukin. I haven't seen much change so far, and I really don't see how he made a difference yet, because psychic types are almost non-existent in my battles now. I'll keep testing him.

Is there anything protecting you from Swellow? I understand Swellow is an uncommon threat, but with a powerful Brave Bird that outspeeds your team and hits them all for SE damage seems like a problem! Any fast bird actually, even Scarf Togekiss with Air Slash or goddamn scarfed Farfetch'd! You seem quite exposed to them, since it IS a fighting team =| Lucario, Cobalon, or Terrakion would fit well into this team, as well as being a fighting type too ^.^ Also, if Zuru falls, so does your Psychic counter. Your team seems quite dependent on sole pokemon to do large tasks, and when they fall, it will be a mess! D: I think that if you really needed another block, Lucario and Cobalon look quite more attractive.

Read the above posts
And it's mono-type, meaning that 1 sacrifice makes me win from choiced hera in stone edge for flying

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Roobushin

j/k.

Now seriously, you could use a strong mach puncher in your team. If a balloon of leftovers Doryuzuu (don't laugh, I saw some of those!) manages to set up a swords dance (which is hard with all the fighting types you have, I'll give you that, but possible against hera's Stone Edge or night slash) it will then proceed to OHKO your entire team with ease (except for Heracross, but it is nothing two switches in SR/spikes or Return can't solve). The vacuum wave from your toxicroak is NOT enough as it does at most around 64% damage, which does not KO even if you include SR + Stone Edge or Night Slash coming from a +1 Heracross. The reason why roobushin is usually recommended for doryuzuu countering purposes is because not only its mach punch is stronger but also due to its decent bulk on the physical side.

To fix this and give you some extra priority (which is never enough, mind you, and also helps revenge killing without the need of locking yourself in one move or overloading poor heracross) I'd suggest that you use LO Techniloom with mach punch and bullet seed. Bullet Seed's power can go from 75 BP to 187 BP without STAB, easily supplying your need for Focus Punch (especially when combined with mach punch), while being still useable if you don't have a sub up.

Um, if you're using bulk up zuru, always drain punch>Hi jump Kick. Zuru is a bulky stat upper and hjk misses screw him up badly, often turning what would otherwise be 2hko's into ohkos.

Also, since you're running shed skin Zuru, you don't need the extra status absorber, so you would want to make Breloom a techniloom variant and test it out, so stop dory(if he manages to set up on things like hera(like the above user pointed out).

Techniloom Set Suggestion:
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Item: Life Orb/Muscle Band/Shell Bell (all have their uses)
Moveset:
Swords Dance
Spore
Mach Punch
Bullet Seed

After a Swords Dance (or even before) Breloom's two attacks do insane amounts of damage. Mach Punch goes from 40 Base Power to 90 Base Power (with STAB factored in) and helps compensate for its normally crappy speed. Bullet Seed gets a power boost and STAB boost and is VERY good at breaking Substitutes. Spore allows for a chance to set up a Swords Dance and have Breloom say "Hi" even harder than your proposed set does.

I do think that you should have another more defensive player on the team, and your current Breloom set aims to do that quite well through Substitute and Poison Heal, alongside powerful Focus Punches. Zuruzukin is naturally a better defender though. I'd also suggest Payback on Zuruzukin, seeing as he's naturally slow anyway, and the move is more powerful than Crunch if he's taken any kind of damage before the move is used (which happens more often than not.)

I suggest NP Lucario over Toxicroak, same coverage but better Speed and SPA and about the same bulk and same nice special priority move.

Lucario@ Life Orb
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 Spa/252 Spe/4hp
Ability: inner focus
Moves:
-Vacuum wave
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot
-Dragon Pulse/Flash Cannon (if your using sludge bomb this might be worth it)

@CrAZyMONkeYZ: While all of that is true about Lucario, Toxicroak is invaluable to the team because Dry Skin can psych out Rain Teams, which are very common, and having an ace-in-the-hole against them is always nice. Lucario DOES have many useful resistances though but it makes the team more vulnerable to opposing Fighting-Type moves, which are more common than ever with the advent of Gen V.

@SSR89 Thanks for the set, I'll edit it in soon.
@Crazymoneyz What SSR said is right in every shape way and form, which is why I don't use luke. I thought about it when I got rid of Cobalon, but I remembered rain. If politoed get banned this round, I'll put it in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)