Brute Force

Hey, first of all if you haven't noticed my post count I am new to Smogon forums but have been playing the metagame for around 6 months now but only on PO & Showdown.

This is a team that focuses more on brute force and priority than stalling/setting up and I got the inspiration for it from a video I saw a month or so ago; unfortunately I now can't find said video to give credit.

Overall I'd say the win rate I have is ~80% and after 50 or so battles I think I've got it working to its maximum potential, but no team is ever complete so please offer suggestions :P

Ok after that tl;dr here's the team:

LOLwot

Natu @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 HP

-Roost
-Toxic
-Reflect
-Light Screen

This little guy is my counter to Sableye and thats about it. I first used Xatu but realised with eviolite I'm better off defensively at the sacrifice of HP and being a Natu he kind of catches opponents off guard and he works really well. All of the moves are really fillers as the ability does all the work but Screens have saved me from a few tight spots.

Gonzalez

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 HP

-U-Turn
-Giga Impact
-Night Slash
-Aerial Ace

I can't take credit for thinking of banding a ninjask as mentioned in my introduction but this guy is awesome! Such an unexpected set and it packs quite a punch, U-Turn can OHKO a max HP Azelf with ~80 Defence EVs and dents most neutral opponents. Aerial Ace increases coverage for Hitmonchan/Top/Lee but the other moves are rarely used. Really helps me keep my offensive momentum and used in conjunction with my priority moves can prove deadly.

RK9

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly

-Extremespeed
-Crunch
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz

Quite a generic Arcanine really, using crunch over wild charge as i rarely used it and it increases coverage - Usually has a very short lifespan but the intimidate has helped me out more than once.

Checkmate

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP

-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Fire Blast

My only special attacker, if I predict well he takes down 3 or 4 pokemon every match. Can catch opponents out as they think its a stealth rock set based on my other team members. Running Timid over modest purely to out speed Adamant Darmanitan.

Jackie

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Att / 4 HP

-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Ice Punch
-Stone Edge

I have no idea why Hitmonchan is RU. He is honestly one my most favourite pokemon to battle with, ever. Drain Punch over close combat to save me switching out, Stone Edge over Fire Punch as i have enough fire coverage and it OHKO's the ever common Chandelure switch in, also useful for Zapdos but not strong enough for togekiss which can out speed depending on the set. I usually lead with Hitmonchan and just earlier on I managed to sweep an OU Sun team with him - Well the guy forfeit but It was still impressive - http://youtu.be/cgvG0VAgskY

Stuart Little

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Nature: Adamant

-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Superpower

Standard Azumarill set but with max speed over HP as i don't really switch out to take hits anyway i deemed the hp less valuable. Superpower over return mostly just for Empoleon.

You really have to predict well when using this team or you will get constantly walled. My major threat is cofragrigus because of its ability which reduces my damage output which at times has caused me so much frustration I've just forfeit at the team preview, its not as much of a problem now i have Crunch on Arcanine but still poses a major threat. Shaymin is another Strong threat because of my offensive team it can often cost me a pokemon to discover what set it is running.

Any thoughts/feedback welcome :-)

LOLwot (Natu) @ Eviolite
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Gonzalez (Ninjask) @ Choice Band
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Night Slash
- U-turn
- Giga Impact

RK9 (Arcanine) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Flare Blitz

Checkmate (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Jackie (Hitmonchan) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Stuart Little (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Superpower
Exportable

So it's 5GAAG with a freaking Natu. Natu is worse than Xatu, forgoing its better speed and lefties for no advantage in bulk (due to the HP difference). Even then always max HP before going to the defenses even with eviolite, it boosts bulk more. So I'd replace that with Xatu. As much as I love NBZ, Ninjask is terrible, especially without a spinner. Replace it with a Scarfcross or something. Arcanine is generally better with adamant, and consider wild charge over crunch or CC. And HP is much more valuable than speed on Azumarill given its good bulk, priority, and the fact that the speed doesn't really do anything for you- the only things in its speed tier are walls that don't invest in speed! All in all, 5GAAG is not that good of a team and you pretty much copied it. I don't see the point in this RMT if you're just going to take others' teams in the first place, and you even butchered a few of the things that were right about this team.

I think that, as you have no recovery on your sweepers (except drain punch...), you could give your natu wish to try to help. However, the lack of HP means that Xatu, surely would work better in that role. perhaps replace toxic as it won't have much effect, this being hyper offence not stall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)