Buck teeth are more then just for chuckin' - an NU Tournament Warstory

Just so you all know, if he HAD got roost and used it, gligar would be eliminating its flying type as close combat hits it, so as gligar would recover 50%, primeape would be hitting 60%. So yeah, an earlier baton pass would have been better =P

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not gonna lie, the amount of hax in this battle kind of ruined it for me. If you take that out, though, it's a pleasant read.

Just so you all know, if he HAD got roost and used it, gligar would be eliminating its flying type as close combat hits it, so as gligar would recover 50%, primeape would be hitting 60%. So yeah, an earlier baton pass would have been better =P
The smartiest thing to do would be then let primeape outrun gliglar and roost.

SD and baton passing would've worked too as we've mentioned but that doesn't away from the warstory. You didn't need to pass a SD anyway....I guess it would've been easier on your heart lol.

I didn't really enjoy the thought/turn but maybe that's what nu is like I don't really know much about the metagame.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Decent. The commenst were lacking IMO, and although the battle was rather intense you got really lucky with that gamebreaking 1 turn sleep. Also i truly wonder why the hell your opponent didnt use Substitute on Dusknoir if he knew Dusknoir couldnt touch Linoone at all. Or was he not using Substitute...

Decent. The commenst were lacking IMO, and although the battle was rather intense you got really lucky with that gamebreaking 1 turn sleep. Also i truly wonder why the hell your opponent didnt use Substitute on Dusknoir if he knew Dusknoir couldnt touch Linoone at all. Or was he not using Substitute...
Linoone don't carry Substitute.

Belly Drum/Extremespeed/Seed Bomb/Rock Smash is the common moveset.

Linoone don't carry Substitute.

Belly Drum/Extremespeed/Seed Bomb/Rock Smash is the common moveset.
i personaly think shadow claw is better over rock smash as otherwise your gonna be walled by ghosts pacticularly dilfbilm and haunter,but really why that set became common is beyound questioning.most steels wont enjoy a +6 seed bomb even with 70 base attack

Good warstory. I am still confused as to why you didn't use a fighting move against Metang, it surely would have finished it off, and would have dealt with most fire resistances pretty well.

Good warstory. I am still confused as to why you didn't use a fighting move against Metang, it surely would have finished it off, and would have dealt with most fire resistances pretty well.
What do you mean? Metang is part Psychic, Fighting-type moves are neutral, Fire-type moves are super effective.

Thanks for the comments. ^.^

I was there! It was a very nice battle, I was sure Monkey would win when Linoone came out (Becuase Will-o-Wisp never hits anything it's supposed to).

But yeah Fuzznip, the next warstory will be even better with some improved comments.

:o

I didnt know you already made this a warstory =p

Im Mizzle btw...

My persian did carry Fakeout but i knew you would probably switch to Dusknoir if you had it =p

And Linoone Carried BD/ES/Seed Bomb/Shadow Claw

And yah that was a great match

Fuzz i wish you woulda told me before you posted this and I coulda put what i was thinkin up too =p

:o

I didnt know you already made this a warstory =p

Im Mizzle btw...

My persian did carry Fakeout but i knew you would probably switch to Dusknoir if you had it =p

And Linoone Carried BD/ES/Seed Bomb/Shadow Claw

And yah that was a great match

Fuzz i wish you woulda told me before you posted this and I coulda put what i was thinkin up too =p
I couldn't get a hold of you with the NU server down and everything. Sorry.

I thought it was strange that you didn't use Fake Out first, but ahh well.

I thought this was a pretty good battle, and really thought the ending was very nice. Though, there could have been more comments. 4/5

i really thought this was a good warstory. On another note this warstory proves that Bibarel is not useless :)
Bibarel is an absolute beast if it gets in a Swords Dance and Agility boost (making its stats +4 Attack/Speed thanks to Simple), yet it's so doubted. :(

The battle was great.

The comments, IMO, were a bit sparse at times, though you did a nice job at other parts.

i have to say the story and comments were pretty average. However, despite that the actual strategy you used was pretty smart :p

Bibarel is an absolute beast if it gets in a Swords Dance and Agility boost (making its stats +4 Attack/Speed thanks to Simple), yet it's so doubted. :(
i agree bibarle also makes as a decent lead.setting up stealth rocks while taunting slower foes,futhermore bibarle has (like most normals) a good movepool with superpower to hit rocks and steels,STAB waterfall to hit fire types hard,and ice beam ,surf and charge beam on the special side

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Well I thought the battle was great, but the comments were a bit lacking in places, but it was certainly good for your first warstory.

What I found extremely funny was this post in context with this warstory xD

It was a decent battle (there really aren't many NU players out there), but more commentary would have been nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)