Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have found a bug (I forgot to click the replay, so it'll have to wait / screenshot).

Bug: During my OU match, while having Misty Terrain up via Tapu Fini's ability, my opponent's Mew was able to land Will-o-Wisp on my Pokemon. My opposing team did not have any Pokemon that has Mold Breaker or anything that negates Misty Terrain (unless there is one?)

I'll update this as soon as the replay is up.

Last edited:

Lionyx

bridal waltz
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I may have found a bug (I forgot to click the replay, so it'll have to wait / screenshot).

Bug: During my OU match, while having Misty Terrain up via Tapu Fini's ability, my opponent's Mew was able to land Will-o-Wisp on my Pokemon. My opposing team did not have any Pokemon that has Mold Breaker or anything that negates Misty Terrain (unless there is one?)

I'll update this as soon as the replay is up.
The terrains' effects only affect grounded Pokémon. If yours had an Air Balloon, Levitate or was a Flying-Type, then the Terrain would not protect it from getting statused.

Trying to validate or go to a match with Crobat which has no item(blank item slot) results in: "- Crobat's item is banned by [Gen 7] (-tier)." This happanes for all tiers/metas I've tried. Screenshot (not mine)https://gyazo.com/ef3a83f9848fbaa059777ce0a9308ee9
I've successfully replicated this on multiple machines

"- Your team crashed the team validator. We've been automatically notified and will fix this crash, but you should use a different team for now." This error message came out when I tried to validate the crobat for like the 10th time.

Update: This might be a feature but trying to validate any pokemon(Without an item) (I've tested now Crobat, Golbat and Excadrill) results in this message.

The mon has to be the only one in the teambuilder otherwise it will allow it.

It's fixed now

Last edited:
I'd like to report a bug in regards to the move Magic Room.

Effects of Magic Room: Magic Room suppresses the effect of all items held by the Pokémon on the field. This effect lasts for five turns. Similar to Trick Room and Wonder Room, using Magic Room while it is already in effect will end it immediately. - Bulbapedia

The problem is that when a choice-locked pokemon uses Magic Room, they then are able to use another move, however it will say that 'it has failed'; similar to trying to trick an item onto a pokemon holding a mega stone/z-move. It also doesn't consume PP(as in the move after Magic Room in this instance)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-594941200
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-595001268
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-594941853

The first replay is a choice-scarfed Hoopa using Magic Room into Psyshock, which doesn't work. At first, I thought it was due to the fact that Hoopa-U and Hoopa-C learn Magic Room via an ORAS Move Tutor, so I decided to use choiced scarf klefki(which learns it via level-up) in the latter two replays. It still didn't work.

I've searched a decent amount on the internet to no avail; resources like bulbapedia and serebii do not give any indication or even slightly allude to the fact that Magic Room does not work in conjuction with a choiced user. Furthermore, there were 2 threads on PO I found which says the Magic Room into another move should work when a choiced user uses Magic Room initially.

http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/20421/
http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/35777/

While this isn't a major bug due to the lack of viability as well as usage of the move, it still is a mechanic that's wrong.

I'd like to report a bug in regards to the move Magic Room.

Effects of Magic Room: Magic Room suppresses the effect of all items held by the Pokémon on the field. This effect lasts for five turns. Similar to Trick Room and Wonder Room, using Magic Room while it is already in effect will end it immediately. - Bulbapedia

The problem is that when a choice-locked pokemon uses Magic Room, they then are able to use another move, however it will say that 'it has failed'; similar to trying to trick an item onto a pokemon holding a mega stone/z-move. It also doesn't consume PP(as in the move after Magic Room in this instance)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-594941200
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-595001268
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-594941853

The first replay is a choice-scarfed Hoopa using Magic Room into Psyshock, which doesn't work. At first, I thought it was due to the fact that Hoopa-U and Hoopa-C learn Magic Room via an ORAS Move Tutor, so I decided to use choiced scarf klefki(which learns it via level-up) in the latter two replays. It still didn't work.

I've searched a decent amount on the internet to no avail; resources like bulbapedia and serebii do not give any indication or even slightly allude to the fact that Magic Room does not work in conjuction with a choiced user. Furthermore, there were 2 threads on PO I found which says the Magic Room into another move should work when a choiced user uses Magic Room initially.

http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/20421/
http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/35777/

While this isn't a major bug due to the lack of viability as well as usage of the move, it still is a mechanic that's wrong.
That's not a bug: see here and here.

I am here to report a bug on the commands in the showdown battle chat. Basically, I had a guy spam commands in a battle against me, and it was impossible for me to focus. I even tried using the "Ignore Opponent" feature, however, that only removes the physical text they input to type in the commands. So basically, they were able to just spam freely throughout the match. Bad news is I forgot to get a replay of the specific match I'm talking about, so I have no way of reporting the user that did this to me. However, below is a screenshot of what I am referring to. If you think it is fake, go ahead and test this yourself. I think this needs to be fixed so that if you ignore the opponent, you don't see their commands, or have there be some way that commands like !dt only show up for whoever typed them in. As I said, I know the proof I have here isn't much and can easily be pointed out as fake, but the best way to articulate my point would be for you to try this out with a friend or an alternate account in multiple browsers. It is something I could see a lot of people doing, and it makes it impossible for the opponent to focus on the battle, as they have trouble scrolling through chat to see damage rolls and moves. Anyways, I'd appreciate if this gets patched before it becomes a mainstream concern, and I hope I helped prevent a major issue before it got significantly bad.
upload_2017-6-25_1-46-10.png

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am here to report a bug on the commands in the showdown battle chat. Basically, I had a guy spam commands in a battle against me, and it was impossible for me to focus. I even tried using the "Ignore Opponent" feature, however, that only removes the physical text they input to type in the commands. So basically, they were able to just spam freely throughout the match. Bad news is I forgot to get a replay of the specific match I'm talking about, so I have no way of reporting the user that did this to me. However, below is a screenshot of what I am referring to. If you think it is fake, go ahead and test this yourself. I think this needs to be fixed so that if you ignore the opponent, you don't see their commands, or have there be some way that commands like !dt only show up for whoever typed them in. As I said, I know the proof I have here isn't much and can easily be pointed out as fake, but the best way to articulate my point would be for you to try this out with a friend or an alternate account in multiple browsers. It is something I could see a lot of people doing, and it makes it impossible for the opponent to focus on the battle, as they have trouble scrolling through chat to see damage rolls and moves. Anyways, I'd appreciate if this gets patched before it becomes a mainstream concern, and I hope I helped prevent a major issue before it got significantly bad. View attachment 83952
Pending a fix / in case one is not possible, you can report such spam to a global staff member (all Help room @ are mods), who will stop it.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Topsy-turvy is not affected by serene grace. Please fix this.
Assuming you are saying that TT not being affected by SG is a bug, how would SG affect it? SG increases the chances of secondary effects, and TT always causes one (primary) effect 100% of the time (reversing stats).

If you mean that it incorrectly displays as SG-affected, I don't see the secondary flag when /dt-ing it.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Calc doesn't register Rock Blast as a bullet move.

bulletproof_1.PNG

the bullet moves from gengar are negated by bulletproof BUT
bulletprood_2.PNG

rock blast does damage, which should not be the case

not the most important thing in the world, but i suppose it might trip up newer players

There is a display error regarding Power Weight, Power Band, etc: they work properly in battle, but the display that comes up when I hover my mouse over my Pokémon doesn't take their speed reducing effect into account.

I know that this is a fairly niche problem and agree that it's probably not worth the effort to go through every case where this may occur, but I saw this conversation earlier and realized that there are a number of Pokemon that can't be used at levels they can be obtained in-game. Magmar, for example, can be obtained in SuMo as low as level 16 and in HGSS as low as level 14, but the team validator rejects any Magmar below level 30. Similarly, Metapod and Kakuna are rejected below level 7.. and a good deal of others. Again, I recognize that this is minor and there probably isn't a single player besides the one in the screenshot who this is relevant to, but I thought I would at least report it.

Edit: Seems this is already known and has been noted in the team validator code.

Last edited:
Hello!

I am here to report that there are no images for Cap Pikachu in battle.

Orda-Y Edit: removed personal info and moved from admin requests to bug reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
I balanced hackmons I used shadowforce on my giratina, next turn shedinja was switched onto spikes and stealth rocks and fainted, my shadowfoce failed, but still displayed my giratina as though it was still using shadowforce (translucent), the next turn, all my moves were open, I was free to switch, and was hit by a fake out. this made me think it was a graphical switch and shadowforce really had failed.
It was the tournament finals, so I am unable to upload a replay, but I have pasted the battle log below as well as some picture showing the glitch
Finding the screenshots, I found out that by hitting last turn to rewind to watch the footage displayed correct graphics

upload_2017-6-27_17-33-56.png

upload_2017-6-27_17-35-32.png

upload_2017-6-27_17-36-23.png

upload_2017-6-27_17-37-10.png

Finding the screenshots, I found out that by hitting last turn to rewind to watch the footage displayed no translucency at all, even when it should have as shown below

upload_2017-6-27_17-40-48.png

Battle Options
Kyrakia joined.
LunarWingX joined.
Format:
[Gen 7] Balanced Hackmons
Ability Clause: Limit two of each ability
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
CFZ Clause: Crystal-free Z-Moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
Kyrakia's team:
Chansey / Shedinja / Deoxys-Speed / Giratina / Arceus-* / Groudon-Primal
LunarWingX's team:
Diancie-Mega / Gengar-Mega / Groudon-Primal / Chansey / Giratina-Origin / Shedinja
Dark god yune joined.
UnspeakableRebel joined.
Battle timer is ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by LunarWingX)
Battle between Kyrakia and LunarWingX started!
Go! Deoxys (Deoxys-Speed)!
LunarWingX sent out Gengar (Gengar-Mega)!
[Deoxys's Turboblaze!]
Deoxys is radiating a blazing aura!
Turn 1
☆Kyrakia: first time I ever reached the finals : )
UnspeakableRebel: omg hackmons is op
Deoxys used Spore!
The opposing Gengar fell asleep!
The opposing Gengar is fast asleep.
Turn 2
☆Kyrakia: not surprising, seeing how few people thoufgh
LunarWingX withdrew Gengar (Gengar-Mega)!
LunarWingX sent out Giratina (Giratina-Origin)!
Deoxys used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered on the ground all around the opposing team!
Turn 3
Deoxys used Spore!
The opposing Giratina fell asleep!
The opposing Giratina is fast asleep.
Turn 4
LunarWingX withdrew Giratina (Giratina-Origin)!
LunarWingX sent out Diancie (Diancie-Mega)!
The opposing Diancie is hurt by the spikes!
Deoxys used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the opposing team!
Turn 5
The opposing Diancie used Fake Out!
Deoxys lost 25.7% of its health!
Deoxys flinched and couldn't move!
Turn 6
UnspeakableRebel: i haven't won one tour game besides the enemy forfeiting
Dark god yune left.
Deoxys, come back!
Go! Shedninja (Shedinja)!
The opposing Diancie used Extreme Speed!
[Shedninja's Sturdy!]
Shedninja endured the hit!
Shedninja lost 0% of its health!
Turn 7
☆Kyrakia: unlucky
BrockIsTheGOAT joined.
The opposing Diancie used Spiky Shield!
The opposing Diancie protected itself!
Shedninja used Infestation!
Shedninja was hurt!
Shedninja fainted!
☆LunarWingX: This is ridiculous there needs to be sleep clause
Go! Chansey!
[Chansey's Imposter!]
Chansey transformed into Diancie-Mega!
Turn 8
BrockIsTheGOAT: or just use safety goggles.
☆Kyrakia: safetly goggles are really popular
☆LunarWingX: that limits creativity though
LunarWingX has 120 seconds left.
UnspeakableRebel: lunarwing look how op ur team is Diancie-Mega / Gengar-Mega / Groudon-Primal / Chansey / Giratina-Origin / Shedinja
☆Kyrakia: or magic bounce if no mold breaker etc
☆Kyrakia: or even a lum berry
☆LunarWingX: giratina had magic bounce
LunarWingX withdrew Diancie (Diancie-Mega)!
LunarWingX sent out Groudon (Groudon-Primal)!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Groudon!
The opposing Groudon is hurt by the spikes!
Chansey used Fake Out!
It's not very effective... The opposing Groudon lost 8% of its health!
The opposing Groudon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 9
UnspeakableRebel left.
Chansey used Spiky Shield!
Chansey protected itself!
The opposing Groudon used Earthquake!
Chansey protected itself!
[Opposing Groudon's Speed Boost!]
The opposing Groudon's Speed rose!
Turn 10
It's super effective! Chansey lost 34.4% of its health!
Chansey used Boomburst!
It's not very effective... The opposing Groudon lost 33% of its health!
Turn 11
BrockIsTheGOAT: that damage doe
BrockIsTheGOAT: the coat of fur doe
Chansey, come back!
Go! satàn (Giratina)!
The opposing Groudon used Swords Dance!
The opposing Groudon's Attack rose sharply!
Turn 12
satàn lost 64.0% of its health!
satàn used Shadow Force!
satàn vanished instantly!
satàn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 13
LunarWingX withdrew Groudon (Groudon-Primal)!
LunarWingX sent out Chansey!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Chansey!
The opposing Chansey is hurt by the spikes!
[Opposing Chansey's Imposter!]
The opposing Chansey transformed into Giratina!
satàn used Shadow Force!
It's super effective! The opposing Chansey lost 25% of its health!
Turn 14
satàn used Copycat!
satàn used Shadow Force!
The opposing Chansey used Dragon Tail!
satàn avoided the attack!
Turn 15
satàn used Shadow Force!
It's super effective! The opposing Chansey lost 25% of its health!
The opposing Chansey used Shadow Force!
The opposing Chansey vanished instantly!
Turn 16
sebasloco27 joined.
satàn used Copycat!
satàn used Shadow Force!
Turn 17
The opposing Chansey used Copycat!
satàn used Shadow Force!
The opposing Chansey avoided the attack!
Turn 18
Dark god yune joined.
☆Kyrakia: uh oh
satàn used Copycat!
satàn used Shadow Force!
Turn 19
The opposing Chansey used Copycat!
satàn used Shadow Force!
The opposing Chansey avoided the attack!
Turn 20
☆Kyrakia: pp stalling
satàn used Copycat!
satàn used Shadow Force!
Turn 21
LunarWingX withdrew Chansey!
LunarWingX sent out Shedinja!
The opposing Shedinja is hurt by the spikes!
The opposing Shedinja fainted!
satàn used Shadow Force!
But it failed!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Diancie!
Turn 22
☆Kyrakia: all my moves are available
Kyrakia has 120 seconds left.
It's super effective! satàn lost 25.4% of its health!
satàn flinched and couldn't move!
Turn 23
☆Kyrakia: is this a glitch
☆LunarWingX: WHAT DO YOU MEAN
☆Kyrakia: should u have been able to hit me?
satàn, come back!
Go! Chansey!
[Chansey's Imposter!]
Chansey transformed into Diancie-Mega!
The opposing Diancie used Boomburst!
Chansey lost 20.6% of its health!
Turn 24
youtubepokefire joined.
☆Kyrakia: when I was shadow forcing
BrockIsTheGOAT left.
Chansey used Fake Out!
Chansey was hurt!
Turn 25
LunarWingX withdrew Diancie (Diancie-Mega)!
LunarWingX sent out Gengar (Gengar-Mega)!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Gengar!
The opposing Gengar is hurt by the spikes!
Chansey used Boomburst!
It's not very effective... The opposing Gengar lost 39% of its health!
The opposing Gengar restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!
Turn 26
The opposing Gengar is fast asleep.
Chansey used Boomburst!
It's not very effective... The opposing Gengar lost 40% of its health!
The opposing Gengar restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!
Turn 27
oanashs joined.
Chansey used Extreme Speed!
It's not very effective... The opposing Gengar lost 9% of its health!
The opposing Gengar fainted!
oanashs left.
LunarWingX sent out Groudon (Groudon-Primal)!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Groudon!
The opposing Groudon is hurt by the spikes!
Turn 28
Kyrakia has 120 seconds left.
Chansey used Boomburst!
It's not very effective... The opposing Groudon lost 33% of its health!
The opposing Groudon used Swords Dance!
The opposing Groudon's Attack rose sharply!
Turn 29
☆LunarWingX: FUNNY THING IS I got rid of rapid spin on giratina before this match
Chansey used Extreme Speed!
It's not very effective... The opposing Groudon lost 14% of its health!
It's super effective! Chansey lost 32.4% of its health!
Chansey fainted!
☆Kyrakia: ; )
Go! Arceus!
Turn 30
Arceus used Extreme Speed!
The opposing Groudon lost 8% of its health!
Arceus lost some of its HP!
The opposing Groudon fainted!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Diancie!
Turn 31
Arceus, come back!
Go! Groudon (Groudon-Primal)!
It's not very effective... Groudon lost 7.4% of its health!
Groudon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 32
Groudon used V-create!
Groudon was hurt!
Turn 33
☆Kyrakia: I'm going to ask about the shadow force thing, unless its just something I haven't heard of etc
☆LunarWingX: GO ahead but in order to make this tier better is installing sleep clause
But it failed!
(Fake Out only works on your first turn out.)
Groudon used V-create!
It's not very effective... The opposing Diancie lost 38% of its health!
Groudon's Speed rose! Groudon's Defense rose! Groudon's Special Defense rose!
The opposing Diancie fainted!
LunarWingX sent out Chansey!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Chansey!
The opposing Chansey is hurt by the spikes!
The opposing Chansey fainted!
LunarWingX sent out Giratina (Giratina-Origin)!
Pointed stones dug into the opposing Giratina!
The opposing Giratina is hurt by the spikes!
Turn 34
Groudon used Dragon Ascent!
The opposing Giratina lost 28% of its health!
Groudon's Defense rose! Groudon's Special Defense rose!
The opposing Giratina woke up!
The opposing Giratina used Topsy-Turvy!
Groudon's stat changes were inverted!
The opposing Giratina restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 35
sebasloco27 left.
Groudon, come back!
Go! Arceus!
The opposing Giratina used Roar!
Deoxys (Deoxys-Speed) was dragged out!
[Deoxys's Turboblaze!]
Deoxys is radiating a blazing aura!
Turn 36
Deoxys used Spore!
The opposing Giratina fell asleep!
The opposing Giratina is fast asleep.
Turn 37
☆Kyrakia: gg
☆LunarWingX: I hate sleep im out of here its too broken and gg
Deoxys used U-turn!
It's not very effective... The opposing Giratina lost 5% of its health!
LunarWingX forfeited.
Kyrakia won the battle!
LunarWingX left.
Dark god yune left.
MudFan joined.
Rei Keima joined.
MudFan left.
youtubepokefire left.
Momblast joined.
trap this pussy joined.
trap this pussy left.
trap this pussy joined.
trap this pussy left.
Momblast left.
Rei Keima left.

Attachments

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
In a Metronome battle I had 1 of my Mews ran out of Metronome PP. Then it displayed all the other Mews to have 0 PP as well. It allowed me to use the move still, so I assume that is a visual bug. A move like Spite or Grudge were not used in the battle.

The battle I had expired so I was too late with saving the replay. I did, however, take screenshots of all 4 Mews missing their Metronome PP.

I might also add that the other Mews had not been sent out yet.

Lionyx

bridal waltz
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
is the no priority thing not supposed to effect flying pokemon in psychic terrain? ive heard yes and i heard no so idk if this is a bug or not?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-596608641
i made it custom cause i found this when i was playing monorands last night
It's not a bug, the terrains' effect only affect grounded Pokémon, so it doesn't affect (nor protect) Levitating/Flying/any other non-grounded Pokémon

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
is the no priority thing not supposed to effect flying pokemon in psychic terrain? ive heard yes and i heard no so idk if this is a bug or not?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-596608641
i made it custom cause i found this when i was playing monorands last night
Yes, any Pokemon that isn't touching the ground through the likes of Air Balloon, Levitate or being a flying type will not be immune to priority moves. I think it's easier to wrap your head around if you think of it like this: Priority users aren't stopped from using Priority moves, just because terrain's up, It's more like terrain grants Priority immunity to grounded Pokemon.
I don't have a battle video on me showcasing it rn, but you can read in the OP or second post of this thread that it's known as not being a bug.

Found a weird thing in a Shedinja Metronome battle where one of my Shedinja's got Fly, but for seemingly no reason, it failed.Not miss, but failed. After looking at the Bulbapedia pages for both Fly and Ingrain (the move one of the opposing Shedinja's used that turn), I found nothing that would cause this to happen.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-597022976 (Turn 5)

Shedinja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Metronome

Found a weird thing in a Shedinja Metronome battle where one of my Shedinja's got Fly, but for seemingly no reason, it failed.Not miss, but failed. After looking at the Bulbapedia pages for both Fly and Ingrain (the move one of the opposing Shedinja's used that turn), I found nothing that would cause this to happen.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-597022976 (Turn 5)

Shedinja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Metronome
According to Bulbapedia: "In Generation VII, if Metronome calls a multi-turn move such as Rollout or Dig, the move will activate on the first turn, but will fail and end the move on the next turn, with the exception of Geomancy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)