Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is known, but apparently when you use pursuit (i was scizor) and the opponent switches, you don't mega evolve until after he switches (even though pursuit went first)

so instead of it being megavolve -> pursuit -> switch like it is in-game, it was pursuit -> switch -> megavolve

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Welcome Back, BugChuun here. Today's Bug Report is pretty neat. I'm going to show you this trick I found in Pokemon Showdown. First you just send Mega-Alakazam in, and then really weird stuff happens

Let me show you how it works. It's actually really simple. It uses Trace and Stance Change, and that's really all there is to it. That's about it, thanks for reading.
*Outro music* *Bug Report becomes Item Frames and Maps*

The gist of it: When Mega-Alakazam traced stance change, really weird things happened. It might be because I'm on a different server, but I'm not sure.

I faced a Smeargle in OU(beta) who used Dark Void. This move is currently impossible to get on Smeargle in-game (Metronome moves can't be sketched and Darkrai isn't available).

Bug report: Infestation has 56 PP, however in game it only has 20 PP.

This means that after a PP Max, Infestation should have 32 PP at the best. It appears Veekun's database is incorrect on this one.

When Mega-Alakazam traced stance change, really weird things happened. It might be because I'm on a different server, but I'm not sure.
Fixed after restart.

Bug report: Infestation has 56 PP, however in game it only has 20 PP.

This means that after a PP Max, Infestation should have 32 PP at the best. It appears Veekun's database is incorrect on this one.
Fixed after restart.

symbiosis wont work. it will not no matter how much i try to make it work.
Symbiosis is not implemented yet.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oubeta-63026589

Turn 27. Magician glitched.

Opponent's Trevenant somehow acquired a Lum Berry. My Delphox was carrying a Lum Berry.

My first thought is that Magician somehow can transfer items. In this scenario, this is impossible, since when I hit Trevenant, it still had its Sitrus Berry. After consuming the Sitrus Berry, it obtained a Lum Berry upon seeding me. This is also impossible according to the description of Magician, as Trevenant itself doesn't have the Magician ability.

This is Rakatu from the showdown server. Whenever I'm in a battle, the battle locks up on me or the server and I'm unable to select a move and it still says waiting on opponent. When the timer is running, it continually runs down and then I lose despite I already selected a move. I can't even complete the battle to show a replay and replays weren't working earlier. When can this be fixed? Also I thought the server couldn't restart until everyone was finished with their battle. That's why no one can start new battles until the server restarts if they're restarting the server.

Hey guys, not sure how to go about checking if this works in a battle, but I found what is at least a minor visual glitch in teambuilder. I was using it to calculate IVs of my pokemon in game, and after messing around I noticed that the "Suggested Spread" gave me different results if I set a Pokemon to really low levels as opposed to lv100. I put in a Volcarona with Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, Roost, and Quiver Dance at level 1, and the suggested spread gave me negative EVs in special defense.

There was a negative placed before the number in special defense, as well as a minus and plus for a nature pertaining to different stats, and if I changed it to a neutral nature and set all other counters to zero, it would say I had 632 EVs to use for Volcarona. I've left teambuilder and returned to see it still reading SpD as -124, but the slider remains at zero and SpD has still been lowered. This also working in a similar manner for an Alakazam using all attack moves, and it gave me negative Attack, which could be abused if it's allowed in battle. It should also be noted, I know that it won't allow me to do this manually, because anytime I put in the minus it changes the nature, but in this case I can at least use a neutral nature and the negative value is still there. I was also able to change it to any Pokemon and still see the same negative number.

After testing a little, the Volcarona only does this with the particular IVs that were set to it, being 24 30 15 25 21 17 respectively. Full 31s in everything don't cause this

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I faced a Huntail using Shell Smash and Sucker Punch on the same moveset, and this is not a legal combination because Huntail gets Shell Smash from Clamperl but gets Sucker Punch from move tutor in gen 4. It is impossible to get Shell Smash + Sucker Punch. Also, Cacturne should not be able to use Bullet Seed because it's a move exclusive to gen 3 (TM), and it is only legal with Sand Veil and Sand Veil is banned.

I hope I'm posting this in the right place, the OP didn't say anything about move combinations

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
<&macle> he had yanma
<&macle> i had missy
<%Electrolyte> maybe it wasn't a bug
<&macle> he protects
<&macle> i sub up
<&macle> he uses bug buzz
<&macle> it does 22% to me
<&macle> i ko with tbolt

the attack went through a speed boost yanma so im confused

edit: tested it myself

Last edited:
<&macle> he had yanma
<&macle> i had missy
<%Electrolyte> maybe it wasn't a bug
<&macle> he protects
<&macle> i sub up
<&macle> he uses bug buzz
<&macle> it does 22% to me
<&macle> i ko with tbolt

the attack went through a speed boost yanma so im confused

edit: tested it myself

sub doesnt block sound based moves in gen 6

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oubeta-63026589

Turn 27. Magician glitched.

Opponent's Trevenant somehow acquired a Lum Berry. My Delphox was carrying a Lum Berry.

My first thought is that Magician somehow can transfer items. In this scenario, this is impossible, since when I hit Trevenant, it still had its Sitrus Berry. After consuming the Sitrus Berry, it obtained a Lum Berry upon seeding me. This is also impossible according to the description of Magician, as Trevenant itself doesn't have the Magician ability.
It's so weird that we both had this same oddly specific damn scenario, or at least very scarily similar. I just can't get over it. 3spooky5me

Truce

Banned deucer.
Trick-or-Treat and Forest's Curse overwrite typing instead of adding.

For example, in-game a Charizard will become Fire / Flying / Ghost, whereas on Showdown it becomes Ghost.
Raising this issue again as I can confirm it still exists.

In a doubles battle, my opponents Scrappy Exploud used Boomburst. It didn't affect his ally Trevanant, but did affect and damage my own Trevanant and Cresselia.
Is this a bug? Is Scrappy Boomburst supposed to hit all ghosts, regardless of if they are ally or opponent?

I found a bug.

Tyhlosion has Flash fire in doubles pokebank beta. Typhlosion with flash fire is not released in BW2 and not in friend safari in XY. Maybe worth checking what other starters have their hidden ability and should not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)