Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there everyone. I'm new to these kind of forums, but I'm here to report a problem I've encountered today.

Why does Articuno received 0.5x damage to an ice-type move? Isn't it supposed to be 1x? Here's the evidence :

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-111740531 (Turn 9)

Many thanks
Because Roost.

okay, I was using a magician Delphox with no item. I used mystical fire on a simple bibarel, and I stole its chesto berry. we both switch out and later I end up using switcheroo on it. The item duplicated and we both had a chestoberry.

Im cant seem to duplicate it. but so far using trick or switcheroo on a pokemon with no item, while you have one doesnt cause a duplication. nor does using trick/switcheroo on a pokemon with an item while you don't have one. But it causes some display glitches and it says both pokemon have the item but only one does.

So far I have it isolated to either you have to have stolen the item with a magician and used switcheroo on the same pokemon, or the item has to be a consumable and use switcheroo on the same pokemon, or you have to have both stolen the item with magician and used switcheroo on the same pokemon
The item doesn't get duplicated. The message displayed by Switcheroo, however, doesn't seem right. I'll look into it further.

Slayer95 joined.
(RC) Slayer95 joined.
Format:
Custom Game
Slayer95's team:
Delphox / Bisharp
(RC) Slayer95's team:Bibarel / Bisharp
Battle between Slayer95 and (RC) Slayer95 started!

Go! Delphox!

(RC) Slayer95 sent out Bibarel!
Turn 1

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
[DEBUG] randBW(100) = 20.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 6.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 11.
It's not very effective... The opposing Bibarel lost18.4% of its health!
Delphox obtained one Chesto Berry.
[DEBUG] randBW(100) = 94.
The opposing Bibarel's Special Attack harshly fell!

The opposing Bibarel used Facade!
[DEBUG] randBW(100) = 66.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 7.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 6.
Delphox lost 30.1% of its health!
Turn 2

Delphox, come back!

Go! Bisharp!

(RC) Slayer95 withdrew Bibarel!

(RC) Slayer95 sent out Bisharp!
Turn 3

Bisharp, come back!

Go! Delphox!

(RC) Slayer95 withdrew Bisharp!

(RC) Slayer95 sent out Bibarel!
Turn 4

Delphox used Switcheroo!
[DEBUG] randBW(100) = 47.
Delphox switched items with its target!
The opposing Bibarel obtained one Chesto Berry.
Delphox obtained one Chesto Berry.

The opposing Bibarel used Facade!
[DEBUG] randBW(100) = 5.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 10.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 14.
Delphox lost 27.9% of its health!
Turn 5
>>> p1active.getItem()
<<< Chesto Berry
>>> p2active.getItem()
<<<
>>> p1active.setStatus('slp')

Delphox fell asleep!
[DEBUG] randBW(2,5) = 3.
<<< true
>>> p2active.setStatus('slp')
The opposing Bibarel fell asleep!
[DEBUG] randBW(2,5) = 3.
<<< true

Delphox ate its Chesto Berry!
Delphox woke up!

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
[DEBUG] randBW(100) = 99.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 7.
[DEBUG] randBW(16) = 6.
It's not very effective... The opposing Bibarel lost19.4% of its health!
[DEBUG] randBW(100) = 72.
The opposing Bibarel's Special Attack harshly fell!

The opposing Bibarel is fast asleep.

EDIT: Double post

Last edited:
Yes, I have considered the idea of it being another Arceus, but like birdcrest noted in an earlier post, I also only saw one Arceus on the sidebar. If it is indeed a visual error regarding the switching of Pokémon, then that would be the bug that should be noted. Regardless, there is something wrong in this battle.

Ello everyone,
it hurts me to say this and get it out there after abusing it a few times for the lols..
but acupressure still has a chance to give a evasion boost (which is a x2 boost)

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Ello everyone,
it hurts me to say this and get it out there after abusing it a few times for the lols..
but acupressure still has a chance to give a evasion boost (which is a x2 boost)
This is exactly how the in game move works and the correct behavior it should be. It's meant to boost any stat, evasion and accuracy included.

Hi, a bug has been found in Balanced Hackmons. When using two Giratina on the same team, the first one with Regenerator, the latter with Unaware, if the Unaware one is sent first it will display it having Regenerator (but it will treat the ability as Unaware, as in it doesn't heal on switch out). After the first switch, it will display the correct ability. No big problem, just an annoyance.

The Team Builder will let Smeargle have Diamond Storm, Steam Eruption, Hyperspace Hole, Light of Ruin, Thousand Arrows, and Thousand Waves despite there being no way that Smeargle can legally obtain them (yet).

Interestingly, it cannot have the OTHER unreleased move Hold Hands.

I just had a game with a friend where i used hyper beam, he used protect, and it still said "must recharge" on my poke but i didn't. I personally think it's pretty game breaking for people who like to use special attacking normal types and pokes with normal type move modifiers like aerilate or w/e it's called.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I know 2 turn moves can select a different target, but when i was using sky drop, both turns i clicked hydreigon, but skydrop randomly hit victini. This happened twice (and caused me to lose >_>) and i am 100% certain i aimed at hydreigon
Turn 7 & 9
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-112156547
Bad sets are because of battle factory

I just had a game with a friend where i used hyper beam, he used protect, and it still said "must recharge" on my poke but i didn't. I personally think it's pretty game breaking for people who like to use special attacking normal types and pokes with normal type move modifiers like aerilate or w/e it's called.

You didnt have to recharge because hyper beam didnt make connection. The 'must recharge' was just a visual bug

Last edited:
You didnt have to recharge because hyper beam didnt make connection. The 'must recharge' was just a visual bug
I understand that it is a visual bug but it arguably determined the outcome of the match and i think that's a pretty big deal. I'm here to report it in hopes that it gets fixed.

Visual bug popped up shortly after the latest server restart, wherein Arceus forms showed up in Team Preview.

Hopefully there's a quickfix out there, would be pretty game-breaking for the Ubers meta otherwise.

I've been messing about with Assist Liepard, and I believe I may have found a bug.

As demonstrated in this battle- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rubeta-112323251 - Liepard can only call Sky Drop with Assist, even with other moves that can be called by Assist on the team (namely, Fly and Shadow Force). Out of curiousity, I replaced Sky Drop with Mimic on Smeargle, with the result that Assist failed when used - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rubeta-112319662 . Is this an intended behaviour? (The team I used can be found here http://pastebin.com/WG4H4gzi )

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been messing about with Assist Liepard, and I believe I may have found a bug.

As demonstrated in this battle- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rubeta-112323251 - Liepard can only call Sky Drop with Assist, even with other moves that can be called by Assist on the team (namely, Fly and Shadow Force). Out of curiousity, I replaced Sky Drop with Mimic on Smeargle, with the result that Assist failed when used - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rubeta-112319662 . Is this an intended behaviour? (The team I used can be found here http://pastebin.com/WG4H4gzi )
Fly, Shadow Force and Mimic are all moves that cannot be called by Assist.

The list of unassistable moves is: assist, belch, bestow, bounce, chatter, circlethrow, copycat, counter, covet, destinybond, detect, dig, dive, dragontail, endure, feint, fly, focuspunch, followme, helpinghand, mefirst, metronome, mimic, mirrorcoat, mirrormove, naturepower, phantomforce, protect, ragepowder, roar, shadowforce, sketch, sleeptalk, snatch, spikyshield, struggle, switcheroo, thief, transform, trick, whirlwind

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think there's a bug with the Rocky Helmet damage mechanics. The description says it should do 1/8th damage. It does 16% damage.

Flamthower misses for no reason

~~~~~

The opposing Trevenant harvested one Sitrus Berry!
Turn 10

Charizard woke up!

Charizard used Flamethrower!
The opposing Trevenant avoided the attack!

~~~~

Showdown wouldn't let me save the replay

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
I think there's a bug with the Rocky Helmet damage mechanics. The description says it should do 1/8th damage. It does 16% damage.
This is fixed now, it will be live after the next server restart.
Flamthower misses for no reason

~~~~~

The opposing Trevenant harvested one Sitrus Berry!
Turn 10

Charizard woke up!

Charizard used Flamethrower!
The opposing Trevenant avoided the attack!

~~~~

Showdown wouldn't let me save the replay
Was your Charizard's accuracy lowered in any of the previous turns?

This is fixed now, it will be live after the next server restart.

Was your Charizard's accuracy lowered in any of the previous turns?
It was the opponents, and no. It was a CharY with no stat boosts/nerfs and a trevenant behind a substitute.

Edit: Nevermind, My Opponent and I Both Derped. Treventant was behind Phantom Force, which was hard to see with a subsitute up

Last edited:
Visual bug popped up shortly after the latest server restart, wherein Arceus forms showed up in Team Preview.

Hopefully there's a quickfix out there, would be pretty game-breaking for the Ubers meta otherwise.
What form was your Arceus meant to be?

Hi, a bug has been found in Balanced Hackmons. When using two Giratina on the same team, the first one with Regenerator, the latter with Unaware, if the Unaware one is sent first it will display it having Regenerator (but it will treat the ability as Unaware, as in it doesn't heal on switch out). After the first switch, it will display the correct ability. No big problem, just an annoyance.
Do you have any replays/screenshots of this bug occuring?

The Team Builder will let Smeargle have Diamond Storm, Steam Eruption, Hyperspace Hole, Light of Ruin, Thousand Arrows, and Thousand Waves despite there being no way that Smeargle can legally obtain them (yet).

Interestingly, it cannot have the OTHER unreleased move Hold Hands.
This is because these moves are official moves, but have not been released in-game. They can be used in Custom Game, and I'm pretty sure in Hackmons as well. This means that the Teambuilder must display Smeargle as being able to learn these moves. However, I'm not sure why it can't learn Hold Hands.

This is because these moves are official moves, but have not been released in-game. They can be used in Custom Game, and I'm pretty sure in Hackmons as well. This means that the Teambuilder must display Smeargle as being able to learn these moves. However, I'm not sure why it can't learn Hold Hands.
Yes, but the Teambuilder will let Smeargle use them in OU, and presumably Ubers/UU/RU as well.

This is exactly how the in game move works and the correct behavior it should be. It's meant to boost any stat, evasion and accuracy included.
you do realize that evasion is OUT of the question on Ps right theres a reason it got a complete ban from the game so leaving it in by a single move wouldnt only not make sense but its gonna bite back once the word spreads

Yes, but the Teambuilder will let Smeargle use them in OU, and presumably Ubers/UU/RU as well.
Ahh, I didn't know that.

you do realize that evasion is OUT of the question on Ps right theres a reason it got a complete ban from the game so leaving it in by a single move wouldnt only not make sense but its gonna bite back once the word spreads
Once the word spreads? Anyone with mediocre knowledge of Pokemon would know about the move Acupressure, and how it can raise evasion. Moves like this are hardly used at all in the Metagame, because it's completely reliant on chance. Acupressure has existed since Gen 4, a wopping 4 years ago. Don't you think that in that four years, if this move was broken, there would have been some action made?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)