Bulky Sandstorm team featuring Hippowdon!

YO what's up people. This is probably my 3rd RMT here, and this time it'll be a Sandstorm team. The team is quite new so I didn' have a chance to really start laddering yet, but it works wel for me and I'm around place 5000 or something like that. I also tried rain and sun teams, but they didn't work that well for me. So I decided to try Sandstorm, and it's absolutely great <3. Rates, go.​

Teambuilding
I wanted to make a Sand team with Hippowdon, so he was added first.

I was looking for two Pokemon that could sweep nicely in a Sandstorm. Both Reuniclus and Landorus were added.

Two strong defensive Pokemon to aid me were added, in the form of Ferrothorn and Heatran.

Lastly, I wanted a tank. You know, that thing that can take hits pretty well and can also do a nice amount of damage. Noticing my Fire weak, I chose Rotom-W, but Jellicent might be a cool option to, since I have no spin blocker and he is immune to water. Let me know what you think.

The team upon a closer look.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/4 Att/252 Def
Moves:
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Roar

I don´t know why people always use Tyranitar. Hippowdon kick so much ass. Anyways, on to the important stuff. Hippowdon obviously works best with a bulky set, and since it already has very good base Defense and HP stats, the given EV spread and nature make him incredibly bulky on the physical side, being able to take on a large amount of physical threats. While his main job is obviously to set up a Sandstorm, his secondary task is to get those rocks on the field as soon as possible. After the hazards are where the have to be, Hippowdon starts phazing. This helps greatly in weakening my opponents so my other Pokemon can finish them off much easier. I had times where Hippowdon could even take two or three Pokemon down by just phazing them before they took him out. Slack Off is to heal during the phazing progress, and Earthquake is a STAB attack to make sure I´m not totally crap when I get taunted, plus it takes a nice chunk out of anything that does not resist it.

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Att/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Moves:
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- Hidden Power Ice

Basically, I always want a Scarfer in my team. Always. Just to make sure I dont get stopped after one Dragon Dance or Quiver Dance. Landorus is an excellent scarfer in a Sandstorm, gaining a pretty cool damage boost thanks to Sand Force. Earthquake is it´s main STAB move and does pretty cool damage. Stone Edge is against those annoying Flying types, and brings great coverage overall. U-Turn is obviously for scouting, and Hidden Power Ice does pretty cool damage on Gliscor. The EVs are kinda obvious. Max Attack and Speed, the remaining 4 go into Special Attack to give HP Ice a very little boost. It´s a boost nonetheless.

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Nature: Quiet
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP/64 Def/252 SAtk
Moves:
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psychic

Huh, dude, what the FUCK are you doing? That´s probably the thing you wanna ask me, but honestly, this works great. Most Trick Room sets are basically the move Trick Room and three attacks. This one uses Trick Room to boost it´s speed to incredibly high levels. Using that speed, I can set-up Calm Minds, mostly just using Calm Mind-Recover-Calm Mind-Recover. When the Trick Room has ended, I set up a new one, and begin to sweep with Psychic, a move that does an incredible amount of damage thanks to Calm Mind and Life Orb. The only downside is that I am completely walled by Dark types, but hey, so be it. This set works great and it already swept multiple teams on its own.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef
Moves:
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Unoriginal Ferrothorn is unoriginal, yeah yeah I know. Ferrothorn is very important to the team. as it provides both hazard and status support. It is also a great counter against Drizzle teams, effectively halving it´s Fire weakness. Power Whip is it´s strong STAB move that can put nice holes in enemies so Landorus can finish them off. Leech Seed is great against enemies I can´t kill with Power Whip such as Skarmory, and it also heals me together with the Leftovers. Spikes give me additional hazard support, something that is always nice. Thunder Wave is to screw those people who think they can set up Quiver Dances against Ferrothorn. To bad, you can´t. Obvious EV spread is obvious and I am not going to explain it.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Nature: Calm
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Moves:
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Protect

Specially defensive Heatran works great, and is a pretty cool defensive core with Hippowdon and Ferrothorn. An Air Balloon makes sure I can switch in on Ground moves, something that is pretty cool, really. Lava Plume is a STAB Attack with a cool 30% to burn my opponent. Toxic is to stall out any opponents that can´t really hurt Heatran, but Heatran can´t really hurt them back. Roar is for phazing and for people that try to set up on me. Protect is to scout, and to help me with the toxic stalling.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP/252 SAtk/144 Spe
Moves:
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-W is pretty cool brah. It gives me that all-important water immunity that I am weak to, so it is really important along with Ferrothorn. With 252 SpA EVs and a Modest nature, both Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt can really hurt with the STAB bonus. No, I´m not going to use Volt Switch, stfu. Will O Wisp brings me statu support to cripple anything that wants to hit hard with physical moves. Pain Split is an effective way to heal myself, and works great against enemy toxic stallers. Overall, Rotom-W is a pretty cool guy (and having only one weakness is totally awesome).

RATES, GO.

I agree with using jellibro over rotom to protect your hazards but what out for starmie and what not :)

Hey, I VSed you under an alt. called Pbhtt :P Its a great team but I reckon that if you had a Scarfed Terrakion over your Landorus, It'll check Quiver Dancers like Volc and some Scrafty. Also, Rotom-W doesn't have an immunity to Water so maybe you could change that to a Gastrodon to better check rain as well as pseudo-haze people with Yawn.

The moveset I suggest would be:

Terrakion
Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword

And heres one for Gastrodon:
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic / Yawn
- Recover

Terrakion is doing a nice job, but Gastro sucks because he is completely useless outside of rain. Maybe a Wish Vaporeon or Jellicent for spin blocking will be cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)