Bulkyburn... an RMT.

I am new to competitive battling, but have lurked Smogon for a long time. I was recently thinking of what a bunch of bulky Pokemon together on a team could do when their bulkiness was augmented by burn. However, after putting the team together, I started thinking that perhaps Toxic would be more suitable for the team. Therefore, I decided to ask for inputI have major problems with EV spreads, so I stole lots of them from the Smogon guides >_<. I'm not sure if those are the best though.

Spiritomb@ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EV: 252 HP/ 140 Att/ 116 SpD
~Sucker Punch
~Pursuit
~Will-O-Wisp
~Pain Split

I am not sure about this at all. I don't think that my spin blocker should be my lead, as it should probably be brought out by surprise against rapid spinners. However, I guess it could start spreading burn from the first turn. I am considering replacing this with one of the new Rotom forms, but I don't really understand them.

Gallade@ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
EV: 252 HP/152 Def/104 Spe
~Will-O-Wisp
~Night Slash
~Psycho Cut
~Drain Punch

When I first thought of the idea for a team based on burn, I thought that Bulkylade would make an amazing choice. After all, It has an amazing base Special Defense, and can use Will-O-Wisp and Wish. However, I then realized that Wish and W-O-W together are illegal. Therefore, my only recovery options were Rest and... Drain Punch. Well, there's also Giga Drain, but I don't see Gallade Special Attacking any time soon. So, the idea is to switch in on something that will run from Gallade, and Will-O-Wisp the switch in. Then cripple stuff with burn, and Drain Punch to recover health. I had Hypnosis in over Night Slash, but was turned off by its shaky accuracy. Speaking of shaky, I have no idea about this Nature/EVs.

Heatran@ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
EV: 252 HP/ 16 SpA/ 240 SpD
~Will-O-Wisp
~Stealth Rock
~Overheat/ Flamethrower
~Roar

My third, and final (I promise) Will-O-Wisp user. I'm considering moving this to the lead to set up Stealth Rock, and saving Spiritomb for later. Basically, set up Stealth Rock, W-O-W stuff to force switches, or Roar stuff away. I'm not sure about which Fire move to use. Overheat kills Gengar, but Gengar is becoming less common, and Flamethrower has more PP and doesn't grant an Special Attack drop, which makes it seem more suitable for tanking.

[/FONT]
Starmie@ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid
136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe
~Rapid Spin
~Surf
~Thunderbolt
~Recover

My rapid spinner. I'm thinking of replacing it with Tentacruel, since I'm not worried about damaging stuff, and Tentacruel is bulkier. If I decide to switch my "theme" to Toxic, I would switch this to Cruel and Toxic Spike stuff, but that's not very useful to a team that wants to burn things. Plus, Starmie gets Recover. I don't really need the BoltBeam coverage because of my (amazing) next Pokemon...

Porygon2@ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
Nature: Bold
EV: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam
~Recover
~Tri-Attack

My Salamence/Gyrados counter. This thing is mad durable, and can dish out damage better than you might think. This is what originally made me ponder switching my team to Toxic, since it can ToxiStall well also. However, since this is burn, I decided to use Tri-Attack for STAB instead of a status move. I was thinking of switching that to HP (Ground) instead, so I could kill Heatran.

Blissey@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Calm
EV: 252 Def/ 80 SpA/ 176 SpD
~Wish
~Protect
~Flamethrower
~Ice Beam

The amazing...*drum roll*... Wish Blissey! After I realized that Will-O-Wisp and Wish were incompatible on Gallade, I decided I needed some Wish support on my team. Vaporeon would be a second water type on my team, and I really didn't feel like using Latias or Jirachi. So, I decided on using Blissey as my Wisher. I picked to use both Flamethrower and Ice Beam on this set, for the same reason I used Tri-Attack on Porygon2 instead of Toxic.

Well, that's my team. Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated :)

opk a few changes i would make is personaly i would swap out TB on porygon2 for chargebeam meaning he now becomes a very strong tank after a couble of +Satk evne blissy has to think about switching into a tri beam

also if you dont like your current lead make heatran your lead with a Shucca berry with Sub/WoW/Stealth rock/Fireblast meaning you can then drop spritomb compleatly for a RestTalk rotom-A (dosent matter which one)
with
Rotom(Any form)@ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Shadow Ball/WoW
-Discharge/WoW

I played a few matches, and forget what I said about the Spiritomb lead. That thing is awesome. I just managed to outstall my opponent with Spiritomb and Blissey in combination.

Porygon2 has been as unexcpected as I thought. I revengekilled a Skarmory with it, and the next thing I know, my opponent switched in his Salamence. I bet he wasn't excpecting an OHKO >_<.

I've decided I really like this team. I think Gallade might need a fighting move though, since I replaced Drain Punch after I realized that Wish/W-O-W is legal on Shoddy :D

If it is legal in shoddy it is because it is legal in the game.

I don't think having to burn all of your opponents is a good idea, since someone maybe will wait the burn and change to whatever is not threatened by it or is inmune to it.

I don't like at all the idea of a Tri-attack on Porygon 2, 'cuz he will deal major damage to Gyarados and Salamence with the other 2 attacks, and you said he was your gyarasally counter, so it isn't worth that much...

You could try T-wave on Porygon 2, for the reason of the resistance to burn that I mentioned earlier....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)