Burn it Down!!

Introduction: Ok guys it's been quite a while since I made a team so now I'm back and I really want to make a 5 star team. The theme of this team is a Heracross sweep since I've been really into Heracross lately like I was with Scizor before. It relies on paralysis support and fast, hard-hitting Pokemon to destroy its counters as well. It's a little bit sloppy, so I really need advice on how to make this team worthy of a 5 star rating!

Metagross@Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
Clear Body
EVs:
208 HP / 76 Atk / 224 SpD

Bullet Punch
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Meteor Mash

Pretty much your standard lead Gross. I was thinking a Trick lead, but I have no idea about the EV spread of that set. I'm in a dilemma between Leftovers or Occa Berry. Leftovers helps more in the long run, letting Metagross live longer just terrozing everything in sight, but Occa berry lets me take care of Ape or Heatran leads or switch-ins. Bullet Punch is for priority against Gengar/Azelf, Earthquake is mainly there just for coverage with Meteor Mash giving it a reliable STAB move.

Zapdos@Leftovers
Timid Nature
Pressure
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Spd / 252 SpA

Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Grass
Roost

A little twist on the offensive Zapdos. Instead of Roost, which IS an important move to that set, I gave it T-Wave. Why? Simply because Heracross thrives off of paralysis support. The rest of the set is pretty standard though. T-Bolt for Gyarados, HP Ice for Gliscor mainly, but takes care of Dragons equally well, and Heat Wave for Scizor.

PORYGON 2@ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA

Discharge
Magic Coat
Ice Beam
Recover

My counter to anything that plans to set-up on me. If someone sends out a DD/CB Mence, It'll Trace the Intimidate and send it right back at the Mence or Gyara. I also have 2 moves to do some serious damage to them. It also works on Volt Absorb and Flash Fire Pokemon.

Togekiss@Leftovers
Calm Nature
Serene Grace
EVs:
252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD

Aura Sphere
Thunder Wave
Roost
Air Slash

The ultimate example of paralysis abuse. This set is terribly annoying to be going up against and it'll put a dent in some key counters for Heracross, like Infernape. Aura Sphere is just an overall reliable attack for things like Weavile. Roost is for some extra healing and bulkiness, and Air Slash is to abuse the hax.

Gengar@ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd

Trick
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice

Trickgar, one of my favorite Gengar sets. Gengar serves as my revenge killer, being faster than almost any Pokemon out there. Almost nothing resists Ghost/Electric/Ice. I have a big issue with bad accuracy moves like Focus Blast, so I didn't put it. If it's THAT important then I guess I could dump Bolt or HP Ice for it.

Heracross@Leftovers/Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Swords Dance
Megahorn
Stone Edge
Close Combat

The star of the show. SD Heracross is rarely used. I originally wanted to use SubSalac, but I thought that this would be more beneficial for a late game sweep. Megahorn is for the unstoppable STAB move, with Close Combat aiding it. Stone Edge is mainly for coverage against annoying flyers like Zapdos and Togekiss. The only thing is I don't know whether to use Life Orb for that extra kick in power, or Lefties for longevity

BENCH POKEMON:

Heatran
@Salac Berry
Timid Nature
Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Substitute
Lava Plume
Hidden Power Grass
Earth Power

Ah subtran. Probably my favorite Heatran set out there. I'm using Lava Plume instead of Fire Blast because burn behind a sub is just plain awesome to have. It kinda contradicts my theme of paralysis support, but nevertheless, I hate Fire Blast's accuracy and I love Lava Plume's burn chance. HP Ice is for Gliscor again, although Heatran isn't the best counter. Earth Power is pretty much standard.

Outro: Well that's the team guys. I know it has a lot of weaknesses, so I'll take any advice or comments. I really want this to be a 5 star team, which may be a big challenge, but I'm willing to change whatever I can to make this team awesome! The only thing I request is don't take out Gengar or Heracross as they're 2 of my favorite Pokemon

Your team has problems with +speed nature DDmence, after 1 DD it is capable of 1HKOing and outrunning your entire team. Give your scarfgar a Timid nature so you can at least revenge kill it with HP ice.

For Gengar, I would run 68 Speed EV's and a Timid Nature; this puts Gengar at 450 speed. A +Speed Nature, Dragon Danced Salamence tops out at 448. Also, there is a bonus point from the conjuction of 64 SpeedEv's and 68 SpeedEv's, so if you use 64 SpeedEv's, you may as well tie with the said Mence.
For Heatran (Personally i run a Baitran, so meh, dont you DARE say i have no experience with it), I would run Hidden Power [Grass] or Toxic. This will help Heatran destroy the Water types that it lures out. You could also forgo them for Explosion, which wipes out Blissey, non-Marvel Scale Milotic, Vaporeon, and hugely dents Swampert,Togekiss, and anything that resists or is immune to Lava Plume and takes average damage from Earth Power. If you go for Toxic, you should change Lava Plume to Flamethrower or Fire Blast.

Alice

The worst taste in music
For Gengar, I would run 68 Speed EV's and a Timid Nature; this puts Gengar at 450 speed. A +Speed Nature, Dragon Danced Salamence tops out at 448. Also, there is a bonus point from the conjuction of 64 SpeedEv's and 68 SpeedEv's, so if you use 64 SpeedEv's, you may as well tie with the said Mence.
If he just wanted to outspeed neutral base 100's, he's better off using modest scarfgar. But since jolly ddmence is more common now, neither modest or your spread will help against it, and that's why he's been adviced to use 4/252/252 timid scarfgar.

For Heatran (Personally i run a Baitran, so meh, dont you DARE say i have no experience with it), I would run Hidden Power [Grass] or Toxic. This will help Heatran destroy the Water types that it lures out. You could also forgo them for Explosion, which wipes out Blissey, non-Marvel Scale Milotic, Vaporeon, and hugely dents Swampert,Togekiss, and anything that resists or is immune to Lava Plume and takes average damage from Earth Power. If you go for Toxic, you should change Lava Plume to Flamethrower or Fire Blast.
I think I'll opt for HP Grass since i don't have anyone to counter Swampert, but Toxic seems like a fun option to use against all those bulky waters. Thanks for the advice!

I know your team is focused on Paralysis but do you have something to disable those nasty grounds/Jolteon/Electrivire/Lanturn?

And if you can prevent the opponent frow switching, IcyWind Kiss is nice (but probably hard for you to set up the not switching part) It can hit those grounds to, which could be useful.

Fast Grounds: (above 80)
Gliscor
Dugtrio
Mamoswine
Nidoking
Flygon

Also note that many grounds carry Stone Edge.
I think Mamoswine could be the problem if Heracross takes Heavy Damage. So save Herra for the end of the game. (EDIT: Whoops, you already are.)

I think Roost > Heat Wave is almost necessary. Zapdos absolutely needs Roost, or else it can't help you against Scizor or Lucario due to Stealth Rock forcing it to eat 25% when it switches in. A CB Scizor's U-Turn will 2HKO your Zapdos because you don't have Roost, so definitely Roost > Heat Wave. Roost also allows you to beat out bulky waters in the long run, since Stealth Rock + STAB Surfs hurt, a lot. Anyway, the common thread here is Stealth Rock, and Roost helps solve the issue a bit, but without it, you are screwed.

Yeah, I can see MixVire becoming quite a problem. Specifically something like Tbolt, Ice Punch, Flamethrower and Cross Chop or something like that. With any paralysis team, you have to have at least 1 or 2 ground moves. Heatran's Earth Power helps, but it won't outspeed anything until it subs for its Salac Boost and with a Timid Nature, it won't be attacking hard enough to OHKO pokes like Swampert before they can EQ you.

Lum Berry on LeadGross, helps beat Breloom, Gengar, Alakazam, Crobat, and Machamp.

Give Heracross Flame Orb / Toxic Orb because if you are using it as your 6th, it won't be encountering a lot of residual damage because it hasn't been displayed so far into the match. Using Flame Orb allows it to avoid other status, and have +4 attack after a SD. You can't always rely on the opponent to give Heracross its status, but if you think you can pull it off, go for it.

I agree with blasphemy1 in that Roost is a must on Zapdos. I would agree in taking off Heat Wave because Scizor and Lucario can't really do anything to you before you wear them down with constant Tbolts.

Finally, IMO Heatran doesn't accomplish much for your team (as I have previously stated.) I would suggest using something like either the ScarfTran set with HP Grass, or a MixApe to still have that Fire poke. But, you can also opt for Porygon2 to patch that Salamence and Gyarados weakness, help spread more paralysis, counter those Volt Absorbers by tracing their own Volt Absorb, and give Gengar his Modest nature back to go with his scarf. These are all possibilities, so I hope I helped!

Yeah, I can see MixVire becoming quite a problem. Specifically something like Tbolt, Ice Punch, Flamethrower and Cross Chop or something like that. With any paralysis team, you have to have at least 1 or 2 ground moves. Heatran's Earth Power helps, but it won't outspeed anything until it subs for its Salac Boost and with a Timid Nature, it won't be attacking hard enough to OHKO pokes like Swampert before they can EQ you.

Lum Berry on LeadGross, helps beat Breloom, Gengar, Alakazam, Crobat, and Machamp.

Give Heracross Flame Orb / Toxic Orb because if you are using it as your 6th, it won't be encountering a lot of residual damage because it hasn't been displayed so far into the match. Using Flame Orb allows it to avoid other status, and have +4 attack after a SD. You can't always rely on the opponent to give Heracross its status, but if you think you can pull it off, go for it.

I agree with blasphemy1 in that Roost is a must on Zapdos. I would agree in taking off Heat Wave because Scizor and Lucario can't really do anything to you before you wear them down with constant Tbolts.

Finally, IMO Heatran doesn't accomplish much for your team (as I have previously stated.) I would suggest using something like either the ScarfTran set with HP Grass, or a MixApe to still have that Fire poke. But, you can also opt for Porygon2 to patch that Salamence and Gyarados weakness, help spread more paralysis, counter those Volt Absorbers by tracing their own Volt Absorb, and give Gengar his Modest nature back to go with his scarf. These are all possibilities, so I hope I helped!
I like that Porygon 2 idea a lot actually. As for droppin Heat Wave for Roost, I think I'll do that since I didn't consider rocks to be THAT big of a threat. How does Slowbro work for a nice wall and a counter to those Grounds/Bulky waters though?

I really don't think Slowbro is necessary anymore now that you have Porygon2. You can put HP Grass on Zapdos as its not your main switch in to Mence and Gyara anymore. So, you can drop HP Ice unless you want that extra insurance in case Pory2 goes down (but with recover, it will take a while). Both Slowbro and Zapdos don't really have much difference, as they can cover those bulky waters / grounds, have access to reliable recovery, and can help porygon2 with the fighting resist. So, IMO it really doesn't make a difference but you should not have BOTH Zapdos and Slowbro. However, just putting HP Grass on Dos should be enough for your team from what I can see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)