Butterfree OP??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a few months ago, I decided to make a Butterfree competitive for fun. I mean, who would expect a Butterfree, of all Pokemon to be used? Yeah, we all got a little teary-eyed when Ash's Butterfree left him for a woman (HAAAAAAAA). But, some people probably got teary-eyed after I made THIS Butterfree, and I want your guys opinion on it:

Butterfree @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
Compund Eyes
0 IV Atk
252 Sp.A/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def

Moveset: Psychic, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, Energy Ball

Obviously inspired by Vivillion sets, but I wanted to see if the same COULD work on Butterfree. I'm guessing I could slash one of these moves for Sleep Powder to get the most out of Compund Eyes. But what do you guys think?

Eduardo2013

Banned deucer.
Energy ball isn't really needed as psychic and bug buzz has good coverage all around so you can choose to replace energy ball with sleep powder. However in all honesty if you're choosing to use a pokemon with quiver dance and compound eyes vivillon outclasses butterfree is every aspect :(

Energy ball isn't really needed as psychic and bug buzz has good coverage all around so you can choose to replace energy ball with sleep powder. However in all honesty if you're choosing to use a pokemon with quiver dance and compound eyes vivillon outclasses butterfree is every aspect :(
Thank You for your input, as I said, It was for fun. The most fun I had with this thing was OHKOing a Ferrothorn at +2 Quiver Dance with a Crit :)

The bad thing is, Vivillon outclasses Butterfree even if you take Tinted Lense into Account :X
Better Offense, better Speed and better STAB makes Vivillon stand out.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is outclassed by Vivillon, and we don't allow discussion threads on singular Pokemon. In the future, if you have a question use the SQSA thread here, or if you have a discussion point to bring up you may post about it in the np: thread here.

Have a nice day, and thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)