BW2 Changes in RU

what about sand rush sandslash. with it sandslash could be a very effective sand sweeper with a fast sandstorm user like accelgor
Not to burst your bubble, but I really don't think so. Even with Sand Rush, it's speed is still slow enough to be revenge killed by scarfers, and it's attack is sub par at best, even with SD. Finally, while it does have EdgeQuake, it's options outside of it are very limited.

On a seperate note, I really love Druddigon in the current metagame. His four resists are great, especially with all the fire types an grass types running rampant. He also has SR now, and can set them up easily thanks to his resists. In addition, he beats Cryogonal with SR up thanks to Sucker Punch. And, he has Sheer Force Fire Punch, which lets him 2HKO Amoongus.

Someone mentioned using LO Braviary with 3 attacks/Roost and it being unremarkable. What about something with Bulk Up or Substitute? Braviary has an advantage over Archeops in regards to being more durable and not having a hindering ability, at the cost of less power and speed. He still has pretty good coverage and packs a punch, so I'd imagine that it could be played to his benefit.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the release of Skill Link Cincinno. It hits really hard with life orb or choice band and I have been testing it on the Pokemon Online server in LU using this set.
Cinccino (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Tail Slap
- U-turn

This spread still outspeeds base 100 pokemon which is great but still boasts an impressive 475 attack stat with 5 hit moves which means a very high critical hit ratio. You can go the other route though using a jolly Cincinno but that will only reach an attack stat of 433 which is still strong but the power of adamant is just too hard to pass up. The only downside to cincinno is that rock blast has 90% accuracy and it's strong stab move only has a very disappointing 85% accuracy.

Oh, this hasn't been brought up yet and it might not actually be that influential on the RU metagame, but...

For those of you that get around TangKing with Bug moves? (Including myself)

Get ready for SlowGuss. Perfect Regenerator synergy.

No common weakness defensive core, both with reliable recovery, access to 100% accurate sleep move, built in immunity to Toxic and ability to remove T. Spikes.

I could see a huge rise in AfroBull usage for this alone.

This is one of the only things I can see that can reliably switch into one member of the core (Amoonguss can't do much and is safe to come in on) and 2HKO either one with LO Head Charge.

This obviously means that you will be taking huge recoil so it will probably only work twice at best. Throw Steelix in the mix and even Bouffalant can't break it. (Amoonguss will clear smog any SD attempts if it's smart, so you need a Sub too, but then you can't even touch Rotom... the plot thickens!

The only down fall I can see is the possible ability to smash through the core with strong Ground-type moves also because they are both neutral in this core.

Anyway, Amoonguss/Slowking/Steelix/Rotom core is pretty boss and together they resist everything with only 3 common weakness in Fire, Ghost, Dark.

Guess I found my new balance defensive core.
Too bad Moltres tears it apart because of hurricane netting a 2HKO on slowking. Magmortar also, with Tbolt netting a 2HKO. maybe Lanturn > king for an amazing stall core since you add head bell. But then you do lose your regen combo :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)