Gen 5 BW2 NU - ium is cute

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Introduction

Introductions are boring. I originally made this during SPL5 for cbt (didn't play him, but FireMage 6-0'd him with this team in NUPL so I guess I did a good job counterteaming him), and this is also the team I have been using the most the past few months when playing BW2 NU. It's also a really fun team, so yeah I decided I might as well share it!

Teambuilding

If I remember correctly I got the idea of Duosion + Regice from either Annoyer, FLCL, or Zebraiken (been like 9 months, its hard to remember everything :( ). Duosion is great since its a Psychic-type that can beat Mandibuzz, which is usually a threat to slower teams. Regice is used with it as it can also easily beat Mandibuzz and lure Steel-types to hit them with Focus Blast. Ice / Electric / Fighting coverage is amazing coverage, and paired with Regice's massive bulk it makes Regice a really good Pokemon for balance teams. It also easily switch on Rotom-Frost so thats cool too. TLDR both wrecks what usually shit on balance teams imo.

The next thing I added was an Alomomola. While Regice is indeed bulky, it doesn't have reliable recovery and can get worn down quite fast by Stealth Rock, which is where Alomomola help. Alomomola also gives my team a solid Specs / Life Orb Charizard switch in. I also went with a specially defensive spread and Mirror Coat to help with special attackers that might try to beat Alomomola. SpDef Mola + Regice beats like everything on the special side except..

Psychic-types with Calm Mind (Musharna, Duosion, Gothorita, etc). Gothorita in particuliar looked like it would be really annoying when I made this, and since I wanted a Toxic Spikes absorber, some priority, and a good Grass-type resist to help Regice beat Grass-types, I went with a Skuntank.

The team also needed a good Flying-type resist since Braviary could easily 2HKO SpD Alomomola if it was Choice Band or just set up with SubBU (it can't really set up on Regice, but could beat it if Regice is low). I chose Rotom-Fan over a Rock-type because I wanted a Ground-type immunity to pivot and something offensive. Rotom-Fan also helps against Mandibuzz and other stuff (I guess you can call it the glue).

Finally, the team needed a Ground-type, a Stealth Rock setter, and something able to beat SubEndeavor Tauros (which can just Substitute on everything and Endeavor Mola/Duosion/Regice) and that could help me pivot against Zangoose. Golurk seemed like the best option as it did all of that without giving me a Ground- and Fighting-type weakness. It could also ~anti-lead~ with Magic Coat.

The Squad

Alomomola (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Mirror Coat
- Scald
- Protect

Versace Python Cased's wife. This set is so fucking good. The amount of people who lose 2-3 Pokemon to this as they try to OHKO it with a special attack is unreal. I do sometimes miss Toxic, but Mirror Coat is just too nice to not use, and you can just burn everything with Scald anyway. Fantastic pivot + Zard check that keeps the whole team healthy.

Regice @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Regice was so underrated in BW2. Ice Beam + Thunderbolt + Focus Blast is fantastic coverage and hits pretty much everything for a lot of damage. EVs is to outspeed 4 Spe Golurk and creep base 50s a bit. I really like Protect in the 4th slot as it let me scout against Choice Specs Charizard, CB Sawk, and other Choice users to see if they might try to Trick Regice to cripple it or use something that can't hurt Regice. Protect is also nice along with Leftovers as it is Regice's only recovery outside of Alomomola's Wish. You can probably try Psych Up > Protect to give the team a second answer to CM Psychic-types or maybe even go with a faster EV spread and Rock Polish, but I prefer the bulkier spread and Protect as it let Regice check more stuff.

Duosion (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Recover

A lot of people say that Musharna was the best Psychic-type in NU, but to be honest I think that Duosion is better; immunity to entry hazards and status is huge in itself, but it can also beat Mandibuzz one on one. Signal Beam can be used if you are not real enough to use Thunder or don't want Duosion to lose against Gothorita, but in all honesty even though Gothorita is a threat, it isn't as common as Mandibuzz so you would just open up holes to check something that doesn't see a lot of usage. Psychic + Thunder gives Duosion good coverage too so you don't miss on too much. Really good Pokemon.

Skuntank (M) @ Dread Plate / Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 76 SpD / 176 Spe
Lonely Nature / Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Taunt

Absorbs Toxic Spikes and can trap the opponent's Psychic- and Ghost-types. Standard dot Skuntank. My main issue with Skuntank on this team is that I can't decide on a 4th slot: I like Hidden Power Grass since I am paranoid about Smash Carracosta + lets Skuntank beat Golem with Crunch + HP Grass or do a good amount to Seismitoad, but Taunt would let Skuntank prevent entry hazards from Garbodor or Roselia and stop Musharna and Ghost-types from trying to cripple it with a burn or Thunder Wave =/. Lum Berry is also a great option over Dread Plate, but Dread Plate is nice as it makes Sucker Punch and Pursuit do more (nice to revenge kill stuff more easily), so I guess its up to you. EVs is to outspeed Max Speed Modest Seismitoad and rest goes in SpD to give it a bit of bulk.

Rotom-Fan @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

The glue. Expert Belt Rotom-Fan is great and gives my team a good Flying-type switch in. Choice Scarf can be used if you want it to outspeed Charizard / Serperior / Tauros / Shell Smash Gorebyss, but the team already deals well against those so it isn't really needed tbh. Being able to just click Volt Switch without caring and using Hidden Power Grass when your opponent think that his Golem, Seismitoad, or Golurk is safe is really nice. Will-O-Wisp is a cool option over Thunderbolt by the way, but Thunderbolt is also a nice STAB to spam to clean up so use what you prefer. Good n reliable Rotom-Fan.

edit: flcl made me realize that sawsbuck is annoying for my team.. yea I guess you can run Scarf if you are scared of it

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Bulky Golurk. EVs is to not be 3HKOed by Rotom-Fan's Air Slash, get some important OHKO or 2HKO (forgot against what, been using that much Attack evs on my Golurk for well over a year), and gives it some physical bulk too. Ground + Ice coverage is nice. I use Magic Coat over Toxic because this team doesn't really like Spikes, so being able to lead Golurk against a Garbodor lead and just spam Magic Coat as it uses Spikes is really cool. It's also fun to use when you expect your opponent to use Toxic trying to catch Alomomola or Regice (also cool against Wisp and Sleep Powder users). I have considered running Passho or Colbur to help against Carracosta or Skuntank, but eh I like the Leftovers recovery.

Conclusion

Just be careful against Swords Dance Samurott and Shell Smash Carracosta and the team will be fine. I also know that the team is kinda slow without Choice Scarf Rotom-Fan, but I tried my best to not make it a weakness when building this team. This team also doesn't have a solid Kangaskhan switch in (it can 2HKO Alomomola and Duosion with one crit (happens too often :( ), Golurk and Regice can take one Double-Edge too), but it should be fine. Oh and play well against teams with Spikes users: you want to pressure them and put them in a situation where if they decide to set up Spikes, they will be OHKOed or Duosion would get a free Calm Mind boost. Hope you guys like the team!

Import

Alomomola (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Mirror Coat
- Scald
- Protect

Regice @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Duosion (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Skuntank (M) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 76 SpD / 176 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Rotom-Fan @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

ALSO IUM FORCED ME FUCK THE TWO WEEK RULE​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)