BW2 Rain Hyper Offense

Teambuilding Process

I wanted a team with a Parashuffler Dragonite. And also the most broken pokemon in OU as of now.

Then I decided to add Mamoswine because of It's nice attack and Priority Ice Shard to take down all these flying genies running around and dragons in the OU Metagame.

With me paralyzing my opponents team with Dragonite I would need a revenge killer to help me sweep. I chose Keldeo And since Dragonite was a Special wall I needed a Physichal wall who can set up hazards. I choose Ferrothorn which also has access to Thunder Wave which will help my team.

To help me revenge kill I decided to add Landorus-T because of It's nice attack.

The team did well on PO but Dragonite wasn't as good as I thought It would be. So I decided to switch it out for Latias because it wouldn't give me a weakness to stealth rocks and because of It's good special bulk.

Latias did good. But my team needed some kind of healing move to help my pokemon take hits and still revenge kill. So I switched Latias for Specially Defensive Jirachi. And So far It's doing pretty well.

I took Jirachi's suggestion and changed my Mamoswine to Scarftoad and as of now it is working wonders. Still open to suggestions tho.

My team still needed physical offense. And Jirachi really didn't really do much on my team. So I switched it for Choice Banded Scizor.

Now Onto the team.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Evs: 248 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 8Spd
Nature- Adamant
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
Scizor is amazing. It hit's things like a truck! U-Turn helps me keep momentum going with my Tornadus-T and Landorus-T and Also lets me get out of Magnezone's grasp. Superpower hits things hard plain and simple and is there for Ferrothorn's since neither of my STABS really damage it much. Bullet Punch and Pursuit help me trap Latios/Latias which are a really big threat to my team. If both of my Therian pokemon are down. They are hard to take down and most of the times end up sweeping but with Scizor I can easily OHKO them.

Tornadus-T @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Evs: 252 Spd/ 252 SpA/4 Hp
Nature: Timid
- U-Turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Superpower

This thing is one of my main Leads. Oh my god! This thing is so powerful! It hits So many things for good damage and It has amazing Speed! I have U-turn to scout what My opponent may do because of my amazing speed I generally outspeed.
Hurricane because of it's amazing power and STAB.
Heat wave for pokemon like other Jirachi that come in to take my hits.
Superpower is to deal with Blissey that think they can wall me.

Politoed @ choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Evs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Perish Song

As suggested by Jirachi I replaced Mamoswine with this. And to my surprise It does surprisingly well. Scarf Hydro Pump in the rain is a great for revenge killing. Ice beam is for Dragons and genies and such. Focus Blast is there for Coverage for pokemon I can't really hit so hard. Such as Ferrothorn
And Perish song is for annoying people that want to set up on me and also baton pass teams.

Keldeo-R @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Evs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spd/4 Hp
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

This thing is just pure POWER. If my opponent let's me get a free Sub. I get a free Calm Mind and With the paralysis on the opposing pokemon I can keep subbing until they get para-haxed and I can get of another calm mind and this thing after +2 A Hydro Pump OHKO's Specially Defensive Jirachi which is amazing. And OHKO's Specially Defensive Jirachi in the rain after only one calm mind.
Secret Sword for Ferrothorns and Stuff like that. Great Revenge Killer. Most of the times my Late game sweeper. Even sometimes I only get up a sub and a Calm Mind and people forfeit cause they know they're gonna get destroyed! Haah.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Evs 252 Hp/ 164 SpD/ 94 Def 0 Spd IVs
Nature: Sassy
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
My Ferrothorn is great right now. Leech seed let's me get some kind of recovery along with leftovers. With sassy nature and 0 speed IVs Gyro ball is extremely powerful and Hit's dragons pretty well along . Setting up stealth rocks is always helpful when I want to sweep. Power whip is really useful for things such as Vaporeon and Jellicent. And well yeah. Not much to say about it..

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
Nature: Jolly
- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

This is my other lead as well as my last revenge killer It's amazing base 145 Attack stat is just overwhelming! Having U-turn on this guy and on my Torndaus-T helps me keep momentum going and also let's me scout what kind of set my opponent runs. With intimidate it can lower common switch in pokemon's attack like mamoswine. with intimidate an Ice shard won't kill. And my Superpower will OHKO it.

And that's about it.
My team is very open to suggestions. on PO I peaked at rank 43 Sorry I don't have a picture. But I kept on playing in hopes of reaching around the top 5 but I got smashed lol.
Help please and thank you

Nice side.

You have some trouble with SubCM & Specially defensive Jirachi once your Landorous-T is gone. I'm not really sure what to suggest, as I'm not sure what you would want to change. Magnezone makes a surefire counter, a Specially defensive set with Substitute, Charge Beam, Thunder & HP Ground can be a good set, and also allows you to trap other steels, but you don't really have a huge problem with them.

Sayonara

don't forget
Hey,

Cool team, Zephyr101. I find that your team has a lot of problems facing Jellicent, as it walls both Politoed and Keldeo, the latter being unable to do anything at all against it aside from switching out. Scizor can't do much to it either, and Jellicent can use Taunt and Will-O-Wisp to shut down Ferrothorn. I'd suggest Hidden Power Ghost on Keldeo instead of Substitute in order to get past Jellicent. It also gives Keldeo perfect coverage with Sacred Sword. Since you lose your ability to use Substitute to dodge status, Lum Berry could work over Keldeo's Leftovers. Heat Wave doesn't do much for Tornadus-T, especially since Rain halves its power. I'd recommend Rain Dance over Heat Wave, as it can be useful in late-game situations when Politoed is dead and Rain isn't up, and Rain Dance would allow Tornadus-T to surprise the opponent and finish him off. I don't have much else to add - cool team, and good luck! Hope I helped.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nice team you have there. First I would consider using Landorus-I instead of T. He simply works better as a Scarfer due to his excellent 101 base speed and the loss in power is easily made up for in the form of Sand Force for dealing with Sand teams. Even without Sand Force 125 Attack is plenty for a revenge killer. Landorus T is better used as a defensive pivot,as it gets access to both Uturn and SR.
Baton Pass isn't all that common and Perish Song Toed seems very filler to me. Use HP Grass instead to nail Starmie and Gastrodon,they both spell trouble for this team.

Magnezone seems like a substantial threat to the team,so maybe using a Shed Shell on Ferrothorn wouldn't be a bad idea.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Man, you are having Superpower on a Tornadus-T with TIMID NATURE.
Timid is like this: +Spd / -Atk . With a nature that makes your attack go down, you are not able to kill Blissey with 4 hits. Remember that attack fells when you use superpower.

Use naive nature or something that doesn't lowers your attack. Or just get rid of superpower and use focus blast. (Blissey walls you in both ways.)

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey,

Your team is pretty good, but I have some ideas that can help you improve it. First of all, I would like to suggest using a Naive nature on Tornadus-T alongside Taunt (preferably over Heat Wave, which is generally useless under the rain). With this change, Tornadus-T is now able to beat Blissey and Chansey, and it also prevents Specially Defensive Jirachi or Skarmory from setting up hazards.

I would also consider running a spread of 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe on Scizor, as it will allow you to outspeed Jellicent versions that run enough speed to outrun Skarmory and Politoed, and you will be able to 2HKO Jellicent with Pursuit (in case it stays in) which means Scizor will take Jellicent out, helping Keldeo to sweep. That spread also allows Scizor to U-turn out of opposing Politoed without risking getting burned by Scald.

Finally, you should definitely drop Spikes for Stealth Rock in Ferrothorn. Stealth Rock is quicker to set up, harms every pokemon in the game (unlike Spikes) and it's a great aid when dealing with pokemon such as Dragonite, Volcarona, Gyarados or Ninetales (especially important for winning the weather war).

Hi

Like Jamiroquai mentioned before, Your team seems to have a weakness towards SubCM Jirachi which is common nowadays, You can try running Bulldoze > Gyro Ball on your Ferrothorn to take care of that problems. Otherwise good team, Hope it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)