BW2 Rain

Eh I don't know how to start this so there will be no intro. :p Initially the team had consisted of various other pokemon like Starmie, Amoonguss, Keldeo, Salamence and others, but this it the final team that I came up with. I have had moderate success with this team, but there is a problem with the team (otherwise I would not be posting a RMT). The problem is that this team loses to hardcore stall. I can't spin their hazards away and nothing in my team can exactly break through stall. Except maybe Thundurus, but that only if I can set up completely which should never happen vs stall. Granted this is a relatively standard team, but I would like to think I have put my own twist on it.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam

Okay I needed a spinner for my team to function properly because every variation of this team had at least 2 pokemon weak to SR so I would have to get them out of the way. Tentacruel provided good bulk and synergy to the team. It takes Ferrothorns weaknesses and Ferrothorn takes most of this pokemon's weaknesses so the synergy is obvious between them. The moveset is fairly obvious. Every move is standard and I chose Ice Beam over Protect to be able to hit Therian formes on the switchin harder than Scald and to hit various grass types like Amoonguss and Breloom harder.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Ferrothorn is the second part of the core of my team and the one which supplies, generally, the more relevant hazards. Ferrothorn got the ability to get all 3 SR, Spikes and Leech Seed in one set. I find this very significant because now you can have longevity with both hazards on the set. I chose Power Whip as my last move because it has more PP than Gyro Ball and still manages to get the job done versus Therian formes (which is to break Substitutes).

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

I figured Therian formes would be popular and I realized that if a Dragon or Therian were to set up on me I would be in trouble. Mamoswine takes care of all of those and with rain and thick fat it takes little damage from Fire and Ice type moves making it that much better than it was before. Mamoswine also helps versus Sand teams which might rely on quite a few pokemon weak to either one of its STAB moves.

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Ok I thought that 121 base speed is godlike and with it's good special attack and 100% Hurricane in the rain it is amazing. Regenerator and Life Orb just makes this pokemon that much more deadly. As I have stated I have problems with stall teams I have thought maybe I should put Taunt on this over Heatwave. Heatwave isn't exactly great in the rain, but I thought it might be nice to catch Ferrothorn off guard before I set up rain, because my opponent thinks I run rain so I won't run Heatwave then I do run Heatwave and attack its weak point for massive damage. :p Though Taunting a Ferrothorn would be bad either and I already have Focus Blast for it and other steels anyways.

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

I felt like I needed a scarfer in this team in case I make a mistake and let something set up on me I can suprise kill it with Politoed when they think it is bulky and I bring it in to take a hit and Toxic it back or something. Obviously I don't have any other reason to play Politoed, but the rain. Despite that I thought I'd make the most of it by using it to revenge kill and get the last KO with Perish Song if need be. Or even phaze with Perish Song.

Thundurus-Therian @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot

The last member of my team is Thundurus-Therian forme. I've always had a liking for substitute and a set up move after it. And this is just the newest on the block. With boltbeam coverage this thing hits so many things so hard it isn't even funny. It even beats Ferrothorn one on one if I can get a sub up for example when he sets up azards or tries to Leech Seed me now that every Ferrothorn runs Leech Seed pretty much. Just an amazing pokemon that provides synergy to the team with another electric immunity and works great in rain.

So yeah that's my team and any suggestions how to improve it? Mainly looking for a way to beat straight up stall because like I said certain cores like Blissey/Amoonguss/Skarmory/Jellicent are just too hard for this team to beat, but of course if you spot another weakness please tell me. I've been considering DD Mence over Thundurus in order to break stall cores. Would that be a good idea?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! It doesn't matter however minor an improvement may be all help is appreciated. :]

Try running u-turn over hp ice on tornadus-t
It helps it scout out pokemon and gives you the switch advantage if they switch out fearing hurricane also tornadus-t doesnt care about stelath rocks because of regen..use u turn

I also suggest running protect over ice beam on tenta
First of all it helps you scout out your opponent and stalls another turn of poison if theyre poisoned also you get 12% back from rain dish and lefties if you protect....and you really dont need as you already have mamo and thunderus giving you ice coverage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)