cagedWING's 2nd RU team! It's much better than my 1st team, I promise!

The time has come to showcase my second RU team. I'm planning on getting into Smogon tournament battling, and it seems like the majority of people have two or three teams of any given tier for said tournaments; one for round one, one for round two, and a final one for in the event of a tie-breaker.

I'm still in the process of making a third team, but it doesn't stop me showing off team number two and putting it out there to be picked apart by my piers for the purpose of improvement.

The building process:

My first task when creating this team was to make a core consisting of three defensive Pokemon. I needed a special wall, a physical wall and a mixed tank/wall.

Ferroseed was my first choice for a mixed Pokemon. To be honest I'd never even considered the thorny little fella but I've come up against him quite a lot, and it's ability to have Rocks and Spikes in one moveset is really great.

Cryogonal was a Pokemon that I had on my first RU team as a Spinner, but on that team he was a little bit redundant as the majority of team was really bulky so entry hazards weren't really a problem for me.

Cryogonal had pretty decent special defense, but it also had some great speed and special attack stats. With the ability to levitate and having Rapid Spin, he was just right for my special wall and spinner.

Spiritomb was chosen as my physical wall. Decent defensive stats and no weaknesses. Great. It also has immunity to Fighting and Psychic, meaning it could counter big scary Slowking and big scary Medicham. Lastly, he's like, RU's famous Spin-blocker. I couldn't afford not to have him as my physical wall.

With my defensive core done, it was time to complete my team with some baddass attacking prowess.

Manectric had colossal speed and special attack stats and the access to moves such as Volt Switch, Flamethrower and a Hidden Power of my choosing. How could I not pick Manectric? His one weakness is Ground, which my core could wall. Special sweeper; done.

Crawdaunt was chosen as my physical sweeper. His speed stat isn't great, but it didn't really have to be with Dragon Dance. He also covers the one main weakness of my walls; Fire.

With my team consisting of all of the essentials, I wanted a fast as lightning revenge killer that is able jump in and bop things. Cinccino was such a critter. Having Spiritomb there to cover its one weakness of Fighting was key to my decision too, not that I felt Cinccino would have any problems out-speeding and sliding its furry little todger inside the buttocks of any Fighting type that crossed it's path.

My completed team:

Moves, EVs etc:

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4HP, 252Def, 252 SpD
Nature: Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Spikes
-Seed Bomb

I've EV trained Ferroseed in both defense and special defense so that it can (in theory) stay in for prolonged periods of time without risk of getting pwned. I thought that giving it speed would be a little bit pointless as his function is not attacking. He does, however, have Seed Bomb so that he can at least defend himself.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252HP, 252SpD, 4Spe
Nature: Calm
-Recover
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic
-Ice Beam

Pretty self explanatory. Cryogonal is EVed in HP and SpD so that he can be a special wall. Recover aids him in this task. Rapid Spin for entry hazards, Toxic to poison other walls, Ice Beam for a STAB move. Need I say more?

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252HP, 252Def, 4SpD
Nature: Careful
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pursuit
-Taunt
-Sucker Punch

As well as being the physical wall, I've given Spiritomb some moves that can be really annoying for the opponent. Taunt + Pursuit against walls, Will-O-Wisp + Pursuit for physical attackers.

Manectric @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 4Def, 252SpA, 252Spe
Nature: Timid
-Volt Switch
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass

Manectric has a variety of moves that helps him to be an effective special sweeper. There's not too much more I can say about it. Hidden Power Grass to cover his Ground weakness.

Crawdaunt @ Lum Berry
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Superpower

What applies to Manectic about not really being able to talk at great lengths about its moveset also applies to Crawdaunt. It has STAB moves, superpower and Dragon Dance to boost it's Attack and Speed, and that's about it. Just a standard Crawdaunt physical sweeper affair. It makes him the ideal for late-game sweeps.

Cinccino @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Tail Slap
-Bullet Seed
-Rock Blast
-U-Turn

Cinccino's moveset just takes advantage of his Abilty, Skill Link. He also has U-turn for the sake of just quickly switching in to do some cheeky damage before going to another member of my team.

So there you have it. I'm pretty proud of this team actually. It's what I feel as one of the most well-rounded teams I've put together so far. Of course there's always room for improvement, and there's probably some glaring flaws that I can't see but someone else can.

Last edited:

ss234

bop.
#3 Only make one new rmt per two weeks

You need to stick to the rules if you want your team to be rated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)