Calm before the storm

CALM BEFORE THE STORM
Here is a new team that I have done, it's a rain, she is based primarily on a tornadus. I called like this because the game takes a long time to develop but once tornadus is placed, the opposing team will be almost over.
There's the team :

Tarpaud (Politoed) (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Hypnosis

This is the team's base, it's my launcher weather, I chose him because this is a only Pokémon can invoke the rain in the outset. I chose this move set for revenge kill Gyarados (after a DD), Hidden Power Electric for kill him (with Stealth Rock). Hydro Pump in stab, Ice Beam for the dragon and Hypnosis surprises, especially with this set.

Noacier (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

I chose Ferrrothorn because I needed a Pokemon capable of cashing the water's attacks, I chose him too for the dragons, and I needed a Pokemon capable of pose the Stealth Rock without much difficulty, Gyroball & Power Whip are his two main stab, Leech Seed for to recover HP.

Scorvol (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Protect
- Acrobatics

I chose Gliscor for prevent Terrakion, he's capable destroy my team, it's my physical wall. Earthquake in stab. Acrobatics in second stab and Fling for remove my item and double the damage of the attack, Protect to anticipate.

Staross (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is a rapid spinner of my team and thus facilitate the placement of Tornadus. He does big damage in the rain. Hydro Pump in stab, Thunder for Gyarados, Jellicent & Tentacruel. Recover for recover HP and Rapid Spin for spin... lol..

Boréas (Tornadus) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Prankster
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

I chose Choice Specs in item. I chose this set facilitate the Lucario's placement with Hurricane, and the rest is used to heavy damage, with hurrican, he does many damages at the dragon type, water types, grass types etc...

Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch

Lucario is the late game sweeper (Once Tornadus dies). Ice Punch for Gliscor (OHKO with one SD). Extreme Speed for RK some Pokémon. Close Combat in stab, Ice Punch for the gliscor and SD for boost my attack.

Thanks for reading, if you have advices, doesn't hesit ^^

Hello. Nice team you got there. On Lucario, I'd suggest Crunch > Ice Punch to hit Reuniclius and Jellicent harder, as both of them, especially Reuniclius, can give this team problems if it manages to CM.

--a day later...--

As promised, a better rate! Anyways:

Politoed: I suggest you use HP Grass > HP Electric, as it allows you to beat Gastrodons more easily. Alternatively, Focus Blast, as RitterCat below mentioned, is an alternative option for killing Ferrothorns. To solve the Gyarados dilema, what about putting Life Orb (As RitterCat mentioned as well), so that you can switch up moves, and if a gyarados comes in, you can just Tailwind, and if it continues to DD, you can just kill it with Hurricane; if it kills you after you tail wind, you can go into Starmie to revenge kill it.

Tailwind on a Choice Specs set is an odd choice. Since Tailwind seems part of your match strategy, maybe a non-Choice item (probably Life Orb) would work. Also, Gyarados isn't really too common so Focus Blast would be better as it hits the omnipresent Ferrothorn and is stronger overall

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Tailwind on Specs set is used as a last ditch effort, and doubles the incoming pokes Speed, allowing it to take out set up sweepers. I don't see why Gyarados will give you trouble, you have Starmie and Politoed to take care of it. A very solid team, no weaknesses truly show themselves. Jolteon gives this team a decent problem, outspeeding much of your team to hurt them badly, but you have that covered with Ferrothorn. Great job.

"Tailwind on Specs set is used as a last ditch effort" it's totally that ^^
yeah but after a dragon dance i can revenge kill it if i've not hp thunter on toed
other advices ?

Just curious.

Is there any particular reason you run fling and acrobatics on gliscor instead of just running toxic and facade or something? I'm guessing it's just because you want to be more on the offensive side of things with it. (and for coverage?)

First, you have a good team here. Here are my thoughts:

For Politoed, I would probably change HP Electric to either HP Grass or Focus Blast, depending on what you want to hit. I would also consider changing Hypnosis to something else, as Hyponsis misses a lot. I would consider Toxic there if you want to cripple walls like Gastrodon and such, or surf for a more consistent Water attack.

You say that Tornadus usually comes out near the end of battles. If that is the case, I would consider replacing Starmie's Rapid Spin for Ice Beam. Certain Dragons, like Dragonite, Salamence, and Hydreigon could cause you trouble, simply because for the most part you don't have moves to hit them with. True, you do have good defensive Pokemon that can hold their own against those Dragons, but if they come in late game and set up (barring Hydreigon here), then they could cause you some problems, hence the Ice Beam suggestion. Also, since Tornadus is the only Pokemon really hurt by Stealth Rock, and only two Pokemon are affected by Toxic Spikes (Starmie having Natural Cure), I don't see much of a need for Rapid Spin.

Other than that, I don't see much else wrong here. As far as I can tell, you have solid ways to deal with most of the main threats that can hurt the team. You also have the electric weakness covered by Gliscor / Ferrothorn, and opponents' Water Pokemon are for the most part covered by Ferrothorn. Well done.

Hey, got your message.

First off, you might have some problems with bulky Rotom-W. Hydro Pump and Thunder(bolt) cover all of your team bar Ferrothorn. Politoed, Starmie and Tornadus are all KOed by Thunder/Thunderbolt, while Gliscor and Lucario are both OHKOed by Hydro Pump. All of them are KOed even if Rotom-W doesn't have any EVs invested in Special Attack but instead all in defenses! Ferrothorn is a decent switchin but bulky Rotom-W always has Will-O-Wisp so that will really limit Ferrothorn. Being burned means Power Whip is only a 4HKO against Bold Rotom-W, and meanwhile Rotom-W can just switch out and Ferrothorn will die eventually due to the burn.
Calm Mind Reuniclus might give you some problems, as it can set up on Ferrothorn, Politoed locked in anything but Hydro Pump, Tornadus locked in Focus Blast, or Lucario. After a Calm Mind, it hurts your team a lot with boosted Psychics and Focus Blasts. Calm Mind's Special Defense is also really appreciated, as thanks to that Special Defense boost it is able to come out on top against Starmie if Reuniclus is played well. Trick Room Reuniclus is also troublesome, as it can OHKO Starmie with Shadow Ball and then launch powerful attacks, but if Gliscor and Politoed are both at high health they can both take an attack and their combined assaults can KO Reuniclus. Protect also aids there.
Your team might also have some problems with sun teams. Even Sunny Day Ninetales itself can threaten your team. Sun-boosted Fire Blast is really powerful and as such it KOes Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Tornadus and Lucario (though Gliscor can survive if you're lucky). Starmie can switchin but it is still 2HKOed by Fire Blast and Hydro Pump doesn't KO Ninetales either due to sun halving its power, meaning Ninetales comes out on top. If you switch to Politoed, Ninetales can just Sunny Day on the switchin, take a Hydro Pump and KO you with SolarBeam. Sun sweepers such as Venusaur with Hidden Power Fire also trouble you for the same reason.
One thing that also might be troublesome if you don't manage to keep rain up, against a sandstorm team or such, is Hidden Power Fire Latios. Ferrothorn can beat it if it doesn't have Hidden Power Fire, but if it does have that it can OHKO you with it. After that, it can just spam Draco Meteor and KO something on your team every time it uses that. Starmie can't revenge kill it either since it doesn't have Ice Beam. If you manage to keep rain, it should be manageable, but it is something to look out for.

Anyways, what I suggest is that you try a Latios over Tornadus. It still does a similar job to Tornadus in spamming a very powerful Choice Specs-boosted STAB move, except it has Draco Meteor instead of Hurricane. Latios also has an advantage when paired with Lucario: it attracts Pursuit. Pursuit is allmost always Choiced, and as such this gives Lucario an opportunity to set up and wreck havoc.
Latios also beats the aforementioned problems: Rotom-W's STAB moves are both resisted and Latios actually has a very respectable 110 base Special Defense stat to take them even in the rain. Latios also doesn't care about Will-O-Wisp since it attacks from the special side, and Trick is of little concern either since it carries a Choice item of its own. Latios can then fire off a Draco Meteor and OHKO Rotom-W. Calm Mind Reuniclus is checked by Latios as well, since if it switches while Reuniclus Calm Minds, Latios can Trick Reuniclus to cripple it, and if it uses something else it can just KO it with Draco Meteor. Latios doesn't mind switching on Psychic really, since unboosted it doesn't do notable damage. Latios can even take on Trick Room Reuniclus, since even Shadow Ball doesn't KO Latios (thanks base 110 SpD!) and Latios can then KO Reuniclus with Draco Meteor. Sunny Day Ninetales is also beaten by Latios. Even sun-boosted Fire Blast doesn't 2HKO Latios and meanwhile, Latios outspeeds and does 104% minimum with Draco Meteor. Latios can also take on dangerous sun sweepers: Venusaur is the most dangerous sun sweeper and even its most powerful move (Energy Ball) does 55% maximum after a Growth, not even a guaranteed 2HKO. Latios on the other hand easily OHKOes Venusaur with Draco Meteor. Be wary of Sleep Powder though. Finally, Latios also checks opposing Latios with Hidden Power Fire, since HP Fire always needs a 30 Speed IV, meaning your Latios can outspeed and KO with Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse. Anyways, the exact set is:

Latios @ Choice Specs | Levitate
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse / Surf / Trick

Good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)