Can Clefable become a special wall?

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah, but Fighting moves are very common this gen. It has an instant recovery move and wish to get health back. But, unlike Blissey it can't take hits as soon as it switches in.

Yeah, but Fighting moves are very common this gen. It has an instant recovery move and wish to get health back. But, unlike Blissey it can't take hits as soon as it switches in.
\

So is it worth training one? I'm seriously trying to find a decent special wall to use over blissey.

I have personally always been a Clefable fan. I used it in 3rd gen over Bliss. Everybody always underestimates it, but it can wall and sweep entire teams. So yes.

supposedly yes, but it'll never match upp to blissey. even after two CMs it'll still take alakazams focus blast heavily. but otherwise, it'll do somewhat fine. cosmic power is superior if you want it to last against special and physical threats, but EVing that will be tricky.

crsseila w/ CM rivals blissey as the best wall, so consider her 252 hp/defense.

So can someone stick up a good ev spread for a defense minded clefable? I need something that can kill dragons so ice beam is a must for any set i use.

Yea clefable can't really switch in on anything effectively like blissey, I'd suggest Cresselia after Blissey, or a sleep-talking Regice (with rapid spin support, 25% from SR sucks)

Can I run a 252 hp 252 Sp Def calm minding clefable? or are the evs going to waste. I want to give out the defensive evs equally though...

Clefable is not a very good yet decentish special wall, special walls/sponges need to be able to switch into special attacks and take minimal damage without setup. Most strong special sweepers can lay a pretty good hit into it considering it resists nothing.

Clefable with CM is more of a Special tank in that it can take and dish out special hits decently. Its also a pretty good status sponge with Magic Guard, on top of that the role you want with Clefable needs Softboiled from Emerald.

Regice is pretty good as a special sponge but needs Sleep Talk/Rest and has to watch out for Fire attacks and needs Rapid Spin support.

Dusknoir with Will O'Wisp/Pain Split is pretty solid as is Cresselia and are pretty interchangeable.

Shuckle with Encore can help setup other Pokemon but will be worn down by Stealth Rock..

Milotic with Recover although less used is incredibly effective since it can Hypnosis on top.

Togekiss despite being weak to Boltbeam learns Roost and T-Wave which can halve that on top of its naturally high defenses and special attack.

Bronzong has multiple resistances however does not get a solid recovery so you may be forced to use Sleep Talk/Rest.

Well not ot Brag, but on Youtube theres of Video of Me and Juki battling here
and as you can see, Clefable can work as a Dual Wall, but a Taunt kills it, and real bad. BTW i though Clefable with Softboiled and Magic Guard could not happen, But Jibaku now said its Possible :D. In my Opinion, Clefable makes a Kinda Good Sponge.

i personally can't stand blissey, sure it takes special hits even better than lugia, but it has no offense. it's nothing more than set-up fodder.

Snorlax on the other hand is teh sex with that nice base 110 attack stat.

Meh, clefable I'd say it's a durible attacker. It may have a whopping 3 different forms of instant recovery, but I'd rather leave this to togekiss, or something.

I don't know about using it as an OU wall, there are so many better pokes for the job. But I use it on every one of my BL teams as a sweeper, it reaks havoc there. Calm Mind and Belly Drum sets own so much.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Uh, use Blissey. Seriously, it CM's way better than Clefable. I really don't see why you wouldn't just use Blissey, Natural Cure is almost as good as Magic Guard.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i personally can't stand blissey, sure it takes special hits even better than lugia, but it has no offense. it's nothing more than set-up fodder.

Snorlax on the other hand is teh sex with that nice base 110 attack stat.
Use CMBliss and have your mind changed. Seriously, even ST 4hko's Special Sweepers before they can scratch the pink thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)