ORAS Doubles OU Can you help me with my sandstorm doubles team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new in the forum and in competitive matchs actually. So I ask if you could help me develop a nice sandstorm team. Now I have only 4 members of it, being

Tyranitar
Object:
Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD Relaxed Nature
Moveset
-
Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Gliscor
Object
Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe Careful Nature
Moveset
-
Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Excadrill
Object:
Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Jolly Nature
Moveset
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Lucario
Object:
Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Jolly Nature
Moveset
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Tail

I don't intend to join any tournament, I just want to have a nice team to battle against my friends and online, and we don't care that much about tiers, also I have to say that we don't use legendary pokemon because we enjoy breeding. Again, lots of thanks and I hope you can help me

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi there! I'm afraid it will be difficult to rate your team, mostly as it isn't completed yet. Also you'll have to follow the RMT Rules and Guidelines. Basically you need to have a full team before you're allowed to post here, and you need to add at least 3 lines of description if you don't want your thread to get locked.

I'll try my best to rate what you have already though:

I'd go with a different mega honestly. Mega Lucario just stacks the same weaknesses that Tyranitar and Excadrill already have, which makes you easily swept by Pokemon that carry Fighting-type or Ground-type moves such as Keldeo or Landorus-Therian. Because of this, I would suggest using Mega Tyranitar. It's in my opinion a better set as a whole, and you're a lot more bulky. It can still prove to be a bit underwhelming sometimes, comparing it to Mega Diancie, but as you wanted to build around Sandstorm and you don't want legendaries this is your best bet.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

You have two powerful STAB attacks with Rock Slide and Crunch. Try to find free turns you can Dragon Dance on, so you can try to pull off a sweep with Rock Slide. Outside of that Stealth Rock isn't really common in Doubles anyway as the games are generally more short-lived and there's generally less switching. Also I wouldn't consider your team weak to Mega Charizard Y or Talonflame, and as your opponents will not use Landorus-Therian, I don't see a reason to use Stealth Rock.

Second of all I would change the Excadrill set. Change Swords Dance to Protect, as Protect is more valuable to switch momentum in the game, as well as stalling out field conditions such as opposing Trick Room, Tailwind, or weather conditions. I would also use Drill Run over Earthquake so you won't hit your partners with your STAB attacks. Also I would suggest an Adamant nature over a Jolly nature, considering you generally outspeed everything when Sandstorm's up anyway, while Adamant allows you to deal more damage.

Gliscor is fairly useless on this team. Stall straight up does not exist in Doubles due to the fast-paced nature of the metagame. You will very rarely have enough time in a game to stall someone out with Toxic + Roost. Also Gliscor's Attack stat just straight up sucks. 95 Attack isn't anything to write home about. Even though I don't see a direct replacement for Gliscor, I would just suggest don't use it.

Sorry if I've scrapped away half your team but it just isn't effective. As it is RMT and not "help me find more pokemon for my team" I won't give a very detailed/in-depth building guide but generally I'd add another Grass-type, possibly Amoonguss with Rage Powder to help set up Mega Tyranitar's Dragon Dance, and to soak up common Water-attacks, a Flying-type or Pokemon with Levitate so you can have someone to Earthquake next to, as well as take away one of your weaknesses. I hope I've helped you, good luck! :toast:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Jvespi , and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)