1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

can't connect to smogon server

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by Atticus, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atticus

Atticus Atticus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentis a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

every other server works except ours. i've uninstalled, changed my IP, used advanced connection and all the crap but i always get the following error.

Error while connected to server -- Received error n°5: Connection timed out

Help Me Please.

EDIT: did not see the tech support thread, but i noticed someone is getting the same error as me and his post hasnt been answered in 4 days, plz help
  2. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

That's very strange. None of the IPs you have ever connected to this website from are banned from the server, and a connection timeout error suggests that for whatever reason you can't talk to the host connection. If it's just our server, perhaps your firewall is blocking Smogon's IP address. If you know how to, try whitelisting 74.50.98.226 on your anti-virus/firewall software.
  3. Atticus

Atticus Atticus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentis a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

ok so basically i closed malwarebytes and it started working.

Problem: Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)