Can't Think of a Kewl Name Team!

Hey there! This is my first (and now updated to meet standards lol) RMT on this site (Or any for that matter lol) so lets just get this show on the road!!
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pain Split
- Confuse Ray
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Yeah Dusclops lol While not being the most popular Ghost out there he does the job of walling most attacks and spin blocking extremely well. To add on to that he can switch in to fighting moves that completely obliterates my steel types (notably Bisharp), Will-O-Wisp to burn and Confuse ray for more damage over time. Pain Split works surprisingly well on ol dusclops as his bulk def/sdef protect it from getting K.O.d and in turn I get HP and make the other guy hate me. Ive actually had some players quit on due to how annoying clops is if their ghost counter is already down.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll / Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed / Earthquake

I went with M-Venusaur mostly for his bulkiness. Puts Mons to Sleep then Set Up Leech Seed and take down pesky Mons like Azumarill and Other Grass types. Having only to worry about Flying and Psychics if Bisharp is down is a plus due to Thick Fat letting it Take Fire and Ice hits like a Champ. deals with the oh so annoying Rotom-W fairly well too. Leech seed can be switched out to make it able to serve as a check for Less defensive Physical Sweepers which it can tank fairly that resist Giga/Bomb (more notably Bisharp, Exadrill, and Lucario) While being able to hit Fire types suspecting a Gastro or Arcanine Switch.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate / Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge / Crunch
- Roar

This guy has always been a personal favorite. It being fast and having a big Atk stat helps take down or at least Terribly hurt mons like Ferrothorn, that damned Agislash, or anything that doesnt resist Fire. Extreme Speed to pick off weakened mons late game that can still be dangerous and heal up. Crunch for mor Dark Coverage and Wild Charge to deal with Tallon and Waters if Vena or Zone are K.O.d and Roar to switch out set up mons such as Smeargle or Shuckle or to ruin mons about to be Baton Passed in. Im up in the air whether to use Intimidate or Flash Fire since the Atk cut is great but Switching into a Fire atk that hurts 3/6 of my mons for x2 for a 50% boost to Flare blitz with Wild Charge to hit Charizard and Roar to switch in to another mon that hopefully can get hit by Flare for Nuetral if not 2x Damage seem too good to pass up.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Kinda Wish Swampert had Gastrodons Bulk and ability lol. Nothing to special here, Gastrodon does a great job walling Rotom-W and other pesky glass cannon electrics that might show up. Storm Drain lets it switch in to water-moves that target Arcanine for a +1 SpA boost with its good bulk and Recover he can take hits while using its +1 moves to wreak havoc, Scald to burn Ice beam for Dragons who don't manage OHKO it and Earthquake for Special Walls switch-ins suspecting Scald. Ice Beam to Take out unsuspecting Physical Atking Dragons and for a 4x On Gliscor if its holding a Toxic Orb and Scald wouldnt be able to burn it. Don't really know a good hold item for it so i went with left

Bisharp @ Air Balloon
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Night Slash
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

One and only Bisharp! Great in this generation with its typing and now with Steel being able to get hit by dark for neutral damage most Agislash are nothing but a cakewalk unless its running Sacred Sword. Sets up a SD on Kings Shield and Suckerpunch to OHKO and laugh at Foul Play Kelfki. Defiant Lets it benifit +2 Iron Head Easily Handles all the Fairies with most of the OU fairies not having to big of a Def. Ballon lets me safely which in to spikes and any Ground attacks aimed at Vena/Magne/Arc or itsself lol. After a SD I usually Sweep teams with it it can SuckerPunch away just about anything that isnt a Resisted type or a Physical Wall and still take a few hits. Clops and Gastro resist its weaknesses well by tanking or out right being immune to it.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SAtk / 12 SDef / 244 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
Signal Beam?

Finally the last member of this team Zone with scarf. Having a Scarf takes the oppenent by surprise and hits them hard. Volt Switch allows Zone to Hit Dual Flying times (Save TallonFlame) and most other Mons for at least 50% HP while safely switching out to a more bulky mon that can resist the predicted move. It can just out speed +2 Atk Max Speed EV Lucario and take it down with HP Fire effortlessly. Being the Glass Cannon that it is Volt Switch Saves Lives if hitting Bulky Mons or Charizard before it goes to X/Y mode and Flare Blitz it in to Hell. Flash cannon to Deal with Fairies and thunderbolt to hit everything else before switching to a mon that can resist the predicted move. Dont know which move to trade in for Signal Beam, which can be effective for taking out psychic mons and and hurting mons that resist Steel and Elec. with its bigger BP than HP Fire.

So there you have it! This Team has done pretty well on PS! with a w/l record of 17/25. I find myself having trouble selecting a starter so advice on that would be greatly appreciated. Teams Running M-Mawile and M-Houndoom seem to give me the most trouble. other than that they work well together covering each others weakness and setting up for another to come in and take down the opponent. so now with out further ado i ask you to RMT!

Last edited by a moderator:

_Tonks_

Yeah, It's a pretty nice team, I like it. There are things I would change to get your W/L into a positive range, but if you're playing for fun it doesn't matter. I really like the use of Bisharp and Arcanine. The ONLY Thing I would change is Sticky Hold for Gastrodon to stop Tricks/Switcheroos and what not.

Sticky hold really? hmm. I see what you mean Switcheroos could hurt Gast. with a potential Tox orb or Choice lock, but is it worth trading in a water immunity and a free +1 on switch in?

Hey there,

A few nitpicks. First off, I would use Close Combat over Roar on Arcanine, since that set gets full countered by Heatran. It'll also give you a nice move to hit Tyranitar, a common switch-in to Arcanine. Even though Intimidate is a factor, Arcanine doesn't really have any business staying in and phazing. It'll be better off attacking directly.

Next, to _Tonks_. Sticky hold, in my opinion, is simple a terrible choice for Gastrodon. If you're going to do that, use Quagsire to wall set-up attackers. Storm Drain is one of the major factors that makes Gastro viable, and removing that in favour for prevention of the rare Trick is not a good move. I would say use Toxic over Earthquake, since that allows it to put pokemon it counters on a timer. A time bomb, to be exact.

Finally, Magnezone is simple not a good choice in today's EQ metagame. I would suggest running a Air Balloon if you're adamant on keeping him. Otherwise, try out Thundurus. It can assume the same role as Magnezone, but can stop runaway sweepers with priority Thunder Wave and can set up Tailwind. Try this set:

Thundurus @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Trait: Prankster
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch

Good luck with your team, and tell me how it goes!

Ahh I didn't even think of that on Arc. That would be a great switch but what move/Poke in your opinion should change to have a phasing option incase a mon whom I can't counter starts to set up.

on Thundurus he is a great option I never really noticed how good he was for the role I chose mag. But which forme would you say is better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)