CAP 10 CAP 10 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Zach. It was a good idea in a funny post, but "Luminocean" is just too similar to "Lumineon". However, to your credit, Lumineon sux bawls.

@Banryu: I like Gloebi, though I fear it's a bit too phonetically similar to Celebi. Is the "e" supposed to be silent? Zipraun just doesn't do it for me...the pronunciation just seems too awkward.

Haha your point about eating the shrimp was funny. I would cite Farfetch'd as a precedent for food-based Pokemon, but I really don't want CAP 10 to end up like Farfetch'd...shudder...

Edit: Never mind Banryu, you posted your final submission while I was writing this. Definitely the right choice!

@Tortferngatr: Aaaaah! Too many vowels! It burns! Seriously though, it's a good concept. You might want to consider shortening it to "Whaiat" or just "Whatt". Both of those would get the same meaning across in a more concise way.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

After thinking long & hard about it...I have finally came up with my final submission...

My submission is (Drum roll please...)

Shorimity (show-rim-itti)

The "Sho" of Shorimity refers to "Shock" as in Thunder Shock.
The "rim" of Shorimity refers to "Shrimp" The animal CAP10 is based on.
The "ity" of Shorimity refers to "Utility" as in Utility Counter, The Concept of CAP10.

I think it sounds like a good name, though rather complex...in my opinion, that is.

Final Submission:

Lumensea

A Lumen is a unit used to measure light. Also, Lumens is a company that makes lightbulbs and such. Er, Sea...means sea. Water types live there, apparently.

I kinda wanna submit Shocktail, which would be my pun of a Shrimp Cocktail. I really can't think of much else anyway.

FINAL SUBMISSION

Gumpolt

bubbagump + volt

Because mama always said life is like fighting a Gumpolt... you never know what you're gonna get

Final Submission

Final Submission

Synchrawn (sing- krown)

After lots of thinking, I came up to this submission, Synchrawn..

Since I saw in the supporting details that the lights can change into a variety of colors depending on what elemental attack it is using. I thought that its like the lights of this prawn are synchronizing to its attack.

So i combined Synchronize and Prawn and came up to Synchrawn.

That's all i can contribute. Thanks for reading.

Final Submission

ChefBisque

I think that this name reflects that it's a prawn, and that when it shows up, your goose is cooked! Perhaps by some sort of electrically powered heating element...

@Vleeter: Kinesta...I really like the way that sounds. It flows really well...I just wish you'd explain what it means.

@heatran1919: I don't mean to sound hostile, but your submission seems really similar to my "Gumbolt" (it's on page 2).

Final Submission

Final Submission

Scampir
(pronounced scamp-ear)

Scampi + ampere

oh, and Dumbreon Dan is the best name, although Thundick is a close second. I think that these submissions speak for themselves, so I don't have much to say about them. They are so epic I am speechless.

Stuck on either something along the lines of Crawpere or Krawpere (krawdad + ampere) or something like Crayohm or Krayohm (crayfish + ohm, also a play on 'crayon', from the multicolored luminescence in the supporting art.

....yeah, the C versus the K is killing me. Leaning towards the C currently, but still not sure whether to go Crawpere or Crayohm....actually, Cyclohm kinda took the 'ohm' bit, could go with Crayomb and borrow from the Coulomb instead....or maybe something like Kritaic (krill + voltaic)....damn, I got way too many names floating around up here to pick one D:

Leaning towards Crawpere at the moment. Guess I'll decide in the morning....

Final Submission:

Decaprod

"deca" coming from decapoda, "an order of crustaceans within the class Malacostraca, including many familiar groups, such as crayfish, crabs, lobsters, prawns and shrimp" (Wikipedia), and "prod" coming from cattle prod to include the electric typing

i also like jumbolt and crevescent

Haha thanks hydrolphin. I only joined Smogon recently so I never saw that. Still a good name though...I'd like to think our CAP knows how to party.

Edit: Also I think it represents a high level of intelligence. As does Thunderdick.

FINAL SUBMISSION

Prong

[a play on the word prawn (shrimp) and a reference to the prongs on electrical cords]

Simple and effective!

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, can you guys stop trying to be funny/clever and submit names you'd actually be able to see on a Pokemon? If I see one more shrimp pun, I'm going to vomit.

CAP10 is supposed to be a Pokemon, not a funny caption you put on pictures and send all over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)