CAP 10 CAP 10 - Part 7 - Art Poll 2

What should be CAP 10's artwork?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Keishinkae's SO much but I don't think there was anything that could have taken my vote from Paras Hilton. By far my favorite of all of them.

Go go Keishinkae, it's a fantastic entry. Would also like to see Cartoons!, Paras Hilton and CyzirVisheenTheCAPMachine win. :toast:

Cartoons!'s poke I can easily see having a low weight, vast movepool, magic guard, and trace. Cyzir's not so much.

Yilx's is the only one I see matching the typing, stats and abilities that were voted on. Besides, it's got a damn cute look.

I'm torn between Cartoons! and CyzirVisheen, but I'm voting Cartoons!. Most all of the designs shown here are simply amazing, the only one I wouldn't like CAP10 to be is aragorn's design because it's a little bland (although I too would love to be able to say prwned). Well done everyone!

yeah, cartoons! nailed this CAP in regards to design, the stat spread and typing - I'm rooting for ya

- btw all these pieces are really great though :)

Voted Yilx. It looks the part, as Raikaria and iruchii said (then again, looks don't seem to be important these days. Elemental punching Kitsunoh still angers me). And because it's cute. We're way overdue for a cute creation here.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I voted for Wyverii's submission, one of the most underrated designs I've seen in CAP, because there was clearly a lot of thought put into the design and the final product had the perfect blend of Electric and Water typing. What I liked most about her design was the way it reflected the primary and secondary typings in appropriate proportion ("Electric" animal with "Water" elements, as opposed to "Water" animal with "Electric" elements, seeing as Electric is the primary typing) and that it was a unique and inspired design in its own right with plenty of personality. For another flavor argument, the design reflects the stat spread perfectly (v. bulky but fast-looking). It doesn't look like the design is getting much love right now, but I just want to say great job again, Wyverii, and great job to all artists who have made it to this poll and to the next polls. This was a great round of CAP art, as usual, and every CAP it keeps getting better and better.

...Paras Hilton still took the cake, though if it were multiple choice, AragornBird and DougjustDoug would have also made it on my list. Stupid vote restrictions...

Can't believe we might get triple winner with CyzirVisheen, though...

Voted Yilx. I realy think it's the best one, I'm also a fan of AragornBird's and DougJustDoug's , CyzirVisheen's is good, but I think a sprite form would look way too cluttered...

Voted Cartoons!

His concept fit the most with CAP 10, being hella versatile and looks speedy.

Despite the fact that it doesnt look like electric a lot, it reminds me of the event pixies.

And a like it.

aaaaaa every single one that I voted for made it to the second round!!

Ehh... I love the beaver concept, so voting for DougJustDoug.

Cartoons is my favorite by far. It's imaginative and cartoonish enough that I can imagine his concept being an actual pokemon, and also looks like it can have a large movepool to include any moves needed in the future. He looks the part of being a water type, and looks enough to pass for a unique looking electric type, as well as looking like a pretty fast pokemon, which CAP10 is. Plus, I really love the blue hat thing around his head. ITS SO COOL. =D

I might be the only one, but I'm not a big fan of Cyzir's submission. Nothing against it, I just don't like it enough to call it my choice.

Ultimately, the choice for me would be between aragornbird or Yilx. I love both submissions, but in the end, Yilx is my final choice.
You are not the only one.

I voted for Clawed Nyasy, since I really think it captures the spirit of utility counter. It was close contender with Yilx though.

I might be the only one, but I'm not a big fan of Cyzir's submission. Nothing against it, I just don't like it enough to call it my choice.
Yeah, I agree, the design looks nice, but it kind of resembles lanturn, a water/electric type that already exists, I voted cartoons because it was really original and just great looking overall.

Wow, all of these are great! I liked most of them, but my favorite would have to be CyzirVisheen's. His is different; it's a very creative idea.

While I love CyzirVisheen's concept, it just doesn't seem like it would have CAP 10's stat spread. aragornbird's design is cool, too, but it doesn't look like something I'd switch into an Infernape Fire Blast anytime soon lol. In the last poll, I voted for DougJustDoug's design, but at this point it just seems too weird for a beaver to be weak against Ground. My final choices left were the designs of Cartoons! and Clawed Nyasu, and it was hard to choose between them because each had its own appeal and its own interpretation of the stat spread and abilities. Ultimately, I chose Clawed Nyasu because it of its stark similarity to existing Pokémon with similar spreads. I feel really badly for choosing one over the other, though.

CAP 10's physical defenses are similar to those of Swampert, Slowbro, etc. These Pokémon are fairly bulky. Its special defenses are similar to those of Slowking. Its offenses are similar to those of Blastoise and friends; while they don't look exceptionally strong, they look like they can defend themselves with brute force well enough. One should notice also that "magical" elements are largely absent from Pokémon with CAP 10's base SpA. The Speed eliminated a lot of possible designs, too. Base 105 Speed is boasted by the likes of Scyther and Mismagius. I believe that Clawed Nyasu's design fit the spread the best, and it came the closest (out of the bulky-looking designs) to looking like it could keep up with Scyther and Mismagius.

That's not to say that the stat spread was all I cared about. I really liked Cartoons!'s design, and the fairy look made it easy to justify what I'd like to call the Fairy Factor. Like the event pixies, it would explain its physical power and bulk using quirky elements that come with being a fairy. I could see both designs running both Magic Guard and Trace as well. Like I said, I feel badly for not voting for Cartoons!, but I would have felt the same way had I not voted for Clawed Nyasu, so there you go.

It took a while to choose, but I've settled on my decision.

CyzirVisheen - I really liked this one because it has such a "presence". It also appealed to me with its bright (but not overdone) colors, creative concept, and most importantly, it's beautiful shading. The see-through parts of it are, put simply, just awesome. Finally, it is something that I would love to see sprited.

aragornbird - This one was one of my favorites from very early on. The final shading turned out way beyond my expectations, yet it retained that cute little look that made it so charming. It would make a fine base for a sprite.

Cartoons! - A well-exucuted design that had a lot of thought put into it. The almost scribbly shading and coloration was very cool, and the overall picture looks great in your style. The colors were quite fitting, giving it a whimsical feel. Kudos to you!

Yilx - Two things really stick out from this work: the topheaded-ness, which was unique and quite cool, and the general dark feel. The shading really builds upon the latter, and while it looks almost pixie-like, this is not something you would want to find on a dark street! It also sticks to the concept wonderfully, with the thunderbolt-hair-tentacles and the squid design.

ClawedNyasu - This was also one of my favorites in the art submission thread, for its distinct (and I know we shouldn't base it off this but) Pokemon feel. It holds no specific animal base in particular, but it seems so colorful and well-made that it wasn't needed one bit.

DougJustDoug - A nice piece altogether, holding true to the Electric/Water typing but not overdoing it. The circuit-pattern tail was a really cool and creative touch, and I do like the fur texture on it. At first glance you think "Bibarel", but it really doesn't look like it at all. A great way to show you can repeat an animal already made and still make it look unique.

Paras Hilton - Really cute and mischievious-looking, plus rich coloration and very clean outlines. It is very eye-pleasing overall, and it just gets better the closer you look. Your shading is fun and inventive, and the lantern-staff was a nice touch. I hope to see more stuff like this in the future CaP art polls!

Keishinkae - This one really sticks out from the others, which I think is a really good thing. The different color scheme and very contrasting shading are really cool, yet the design still looks very much Water/Electric to me. Finally, the concept is very different from the others and holds a promise all its own.

darkmattr - The design was very good and in a neat style at first, but what really made me like it was the awesome supporting details - they have just as much effort put into them as the picture itself! It looks versatile, and the shed shell guarding it (especially in that Draco Meteor Salamence pic) was very imaginitive.

Wyverii - Quite an original piece of art, and in my opinion at least, looks perfect in your fashion. The blue rubber paws was a really inventive idea and the shading on them makes them look even better! Lastly, this was one of the most innovative concepts overall, completely setting it apart from the others.

My final decision was quite difficult to come to, because I loved every piece of art in this poll, but I started considering things like how versatile, fast, and bulky it looks plus how its sprite would look (remember, unless you don't battle much, you are going to see the sprite of this Pokemon far more than the official artwork), my vote finally went to CyzirVisheen. Great work all of you, and thank you for your contributions!

I voted for darkmattr's badass electric armored scorpion monkey thing, and even though it doesn't look like that design is getting a lot of support, I stand behind my choice. I've always felt that, while Pokemon that are interpretations of already existing animals are fine and good, the coolest looking mons (Mewtwo, Electivire, Metagross, etc.) are those that have no one obvious design basis and come directly from an artist's imagination. On a more practical note, I think this design fits the stat spread really well and has a very interesting backstory for its ability to use Trace.

I guess my vote is obvious now... The other obvious thing is that I should get something better than graphicsgale to work with, but alas.

Anyway, as argumented above it really fits the stat spread and if we're looking at abilities and their current holders, this pixy fits right in. Its also a unique creation, something which I think the CAP-project need after a lot of concepts based on something very obvious, putting syclant, fidgit, cyclohm and stratagem aside. Also its cute, but that can be said for many entries.

Either way its a shame only one can win, 'cause most of my favourites made it to the second poll and there isn't a design I don't like in here.

I'm amazed at these designs.

It was extremely difficult to choose only one of these designs to vote for, but the ones I was most pleased with were CyzirVisheen's, Clawed Nyasu's and Yilx's. I could really see all 3 of them fitting the stat spread and the abilities, especially Cyzir's and Clawed's. The concepts of each of them was, in my opinion, all well-thought out and well executed, and I was really lost for words when I saw Cyzir's submission.

However, I'm going to go for Clawed Nyasu's submission. I could see it fitting the stat spread, the abilities working for it, performing the main function of this CAP, and this actually being the winning CAP design. I really could see all 3 of them becoming the CAP but Clawed's is the one Im going to choose, with Cyzir's coming a close 2nd and Yilx a close 3rd. Well done to everyone else who took part. Also, Clawed's design was the one which I could see the Electric/ Water part of it the best, and Electric really stood out, as it should - being the main typing.

No matter what we end up with a great design for CAP 10. Ultimately, I chose Cartoons! because, as has been stated, it fits the typing and stat spread very well. In addition to that, it reminds me of a pixie, and we have determined in various discussion threads that CAP 10 will need a good movepool. Pixies like Mew, Celebi, and Manaphy have amazing movepools to work with. I know it's flavor, but art needs the flavor. Like I said, no matter what way this goes, we have a solid design for CAP 10.

I voted for aragornbird, because his design was the one I liked 2nd best. I liked Keishinkae's design the best, but voting for him would be futile.

Plus this way aragornbird might be the winner over CyzirVisheen. No offense Cyzir! Your design just didn't appeal to me... mostly in the same way that Fidgit doesn't either. It seems TOO out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)