CAP 10 CAP 10 - Part 7 - Art Poll 2

What should be CAP 10's artwork?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
went for aragornbird. simple, quick, and seems more electric than water

really really liked SEOs submission. everyone did outstanding work as usual!

Voted aragornbird. It's simple and polished yet really cool, and it fits the theme and stat spread perfectly. I really like Cyzir's as well, but the shrimp stands out to me as the best by far.

after a long thinking,i vote aragornbird.

despite is cute and frail apparence,is a wonderful design,who fits perfectly with a great movepool and all two abilites. and is not the classic,boring bulky design.and i also think who,after the last CAP,the titanic colossoil,the project needs another little and fresh looking pokèmon.

I think all of these are fantastic but I would have to say CyzirVisheen's art is more appealing.

Dang this is a hard choice! I voted DougJustDoug just cause I absolutely love his beaver. Aragornbird also had an amazing shrimp and was a very close second.

Hey, been lurking around and following the CAP10 project, so it seems fitting that I make my first post here. It was down to a coinflip, but I'm voting Yilx and his lolisquid. To me, it seemed that Cyir's design fit the stats somewhat better, as it looks bulky and has the robot lure; justifying the high HP and solid attacking stats. However, the litheness of Ylix's design as well as the fact that it looks like it could be a part of the Fairy egg group makes the statistical evenness, the high Speed, and especially the two abilities chosen for CAP10 match quite well.

Doug, Paras, Clawed, and Darkmattr all have cool Water/Elec or Water/X poke designs, so no disrespect.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
cyzir visheen has the most detailed design in my opinion. While it will probably be a challenge to get to sprite form, it obviously has the most work put into it, and as such I believe it should be the face of CAP10

I voted Wyverii. Strong concept, fits the stats and general direction of CAP10, and could easily work with many--if not all--of the potential moves available, so we wouldn't have to "ignore fluff."

Sadly, it seems that one of the heavyweight champs of the Art polls will win again. That isn't to say that the art is bad--far from it. Everyone who submitted did great, and we've got excellent art to choose from in this poll. I just wish that we could spread the win around a bit more.

Edit:
After reviewing the previous art submitters, it seems that only CyzirVisheen has truly 'dominated' the art field. 1/3 of all CAPs have had his/her art as the aesthetic basis; the previous two were both drawn by him/her. Cyzir is also the current leader of this poll, but only by a very small margin (the runner-up, Aragornbird, has also won a previous CAP's art poll, though that was some time ago).

I don't want to disparage Cyzir, Aragornbird, nor any of the other previous CAP art poll winners. The art is great, consistently so. I just personally think we're reaching a bit of a saturation point as far as art goes, and we might want to consider doing something about it.

I've lurked here awhile but the whole CAP thing finally drew me in. So this is my first foray into Smogon.

On to the point, I voted for Cyzir because the thing that stands out the most to me about the stats is the huge HP, nothing else that is high in the poll really conveys that kind of weight, plus it looks the best suited to use both the abilities, and looks like it could have a versatile move pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)