CAP 18 CAP 18 - Part 2 - Typing Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Closing time. So, this was not the easiest thing ever to decide on, but I think I have come up with a slate to best represent the discussion in this thread. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the community consensus for how to approach typing was definitely with an offensive leaning. However, there are many different things that we want to potentially threaten, and thus many different typings that could work for us. Of these, the ones that I feel had the strongest support in this thread are the following:

Fire/Water
Dark/Poison
Electric/Fire
Poison/Electric
Ghost/Normal

There were definitely some other typings in this thread that might have worked fine, but other than these 5 above, I don't think any either had enough support, or gave enough arguments showing how they can provide the offensive pressure we want.

EDIT: Please refrain from posting anymore in this thread. It will remain open until our TL makes a concluding post, but there is no need for anyone else to post until then.

Last edited:

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
This is a good slate; it's pretty clear how each of these five options can provide immediate offensive pressure on Pokemon such as Aegislash and/or various Fairy-type opponents, which was one of the fundamental conclusions of the second Concept Assessment. I have reservations about Electric/Fire in this slate, however. Electric/Fire means that our Pokemon can unconditionally switch into Skarmory and knock it out, as well as provide a perfect switch-in against Talonflame. I'm not sure where this "we need to counter Talonflame" hysteria comes from, especially when our core's sweeper handles Talonflame better than nearly any other Physical sweeper in OU. However, there were strong arguments for a STAB Volt Switch and Electric/Fire was one of the most popular options. That was the only option I was giving serious +1/-1 consideration to (few other options match the popularity and intelligent support as the above five), so I'm going to leave the slate as-is.

That was a nice discussion, and now it's time for the polls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)