CaP 22 Pre-Evo - Part 3 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can try showing you when I get home, my phone is almost dead.

EDIT: Ok, so I'm home now and it's still there. I've circled around the spots where I can see it.
cushion.jpg

Last edited:
I come with a gift...

Very WIP

As I have said this is extreeemly WIP at this point in time but I will do my best to explain the design.

This is based on things like Microwavable Plushies and Puppies :3

The pointy ears are there to give resemblance to puppy dawgs and the fact that this thing has not been in any fights as this mon lacks the Fighting type You see pillow fighting more often then not will make the pillow weak and soften the stuffing a bit thus loosening parts of the pillow i.e the ears as for the microwavable plushie part I will (hopefully) explain that in some supporting art.

More to come...​

I come with a gift...

Very WIP

As I have said this is extreeemly WIP at this point in time but I will do my best to explain the design.

This is based on things like Microwavable Plushies and Puppies :3

The pointy ears are there to give resemblance to puppy dawgs and the fact that this thing has not been in any fights as this mon lacks the Fighting type You see pillow fighting more often then not will make the pillow weak and soften the stuffing a bit thus loosening parts of the pillow i.e the ears as for the microwavable plushie part I will (hopefully) explain that in some supporting art.

More to come...​
This reminds me of someone else's submission... :P

Final Submission

So after looking mine over I felt it looked too much like a 2nd level evo, so I made another pre evo kinda based on the look of Himouto

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've noticed that, in CAP pre-evo art stages, that people tend to base pre-evo designs too directly off the CAP itself. Some CAP pre-evos end up looking like baby or simplified versions of the final evolution. And, well, in this thread, there are at least five designs I can label in this thread as "Kerfluffle but cuter". Pokemon don't just grow but evolve, so "small Kerfluffle" -> "Kerfluffle" doesn't work design-wise for me.

Hence, I was motivated to rise from my grave and sketch up my own pre-evo idea. o3o

I ended up making a floppy pillow-bunny, with lopsided ears to parallel Kerfluffle's asymmetric eyes. :P

Quany, that bunny looks like a fast baby, unlike the other bulky-looking designs. Bunnies make great stuffed animals in the real world as well. I like how your fluff-bun evolves into Kerfluffle, rather than simply becoming taller and stronger.

I wonder why no one has made a Pillow Pet Kerfluffle

Anyway... time for some feedback.

DatHeatmor: Basically, you cut Kerfluffle in half. I'd suggest making something look more like it's own entity, but still similar to Kerfluffle.
GreatLiver: A pink neck pillow with a tongue... I'd just make something new.
FriesforNapkins: I don't get why it's a dog, plus it looks more like a fighting type than a fairy type.
Felis Licht: It's cute, I like it.
PixelMoniac_: Another case of Kerfluffle being cut in half, but I like the grin.
Willow616: It looks nice, but essentially just Kerfluffle with amputated arms.
KrazyCake: It's cute.
Morghulis: I like how it looks like a pillow case.
Sgt.Moose: It is so derp... I love it, however if this thing ends up fast like it's daddy, then you're gonna have to change it up a bit.
Quanyalis: I love it, but it looks too much like a real bunny in the face, I'd make it look a bit more like it's made of fabric.

WIP

Coloured and shaded it, on my screen theres some weird colour error hope that isnt showing up, regardless opted for this design nothing too complex just a happy little cushion with big cushions that one day become fists, aims to be a good predecessor to kerf without being unreasnoably different for little reason and also fitting the human like egg group.

*Edit: Should just add its a bit badly done because i'm not used to the new software im using

Uh comments appreciated as usual I'm too tired to write any of my own rn sorry :c

Last edited:
We still open? WIP

Based on the idea that the pre-evolution's body will eventually become Kerfluffle's fists. Didn't want it to just look like a beheaded Kerfluffle, so here we are. It relies on the trainer to throw it at the opponent's face. Nothing much else to say really.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yep still open.

Posting this as a 48 hour warning though! I know we are about to get swallowed by SM, but lets finish this all up within the week :)

Please make sure you Final Submit! It's OK to go back and Final Submit on one of your other posts, just make sure all your art is legal!

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

I noticed that the body was too pink after I made my last post, so I tweaked that. The other feedback I got didn't inspire me to change the design. Sorry, ThePsychoBear. :(

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

It like, slaps people with its face or something. (Or you hold it by the legs and swing it around like a mace?)

EDIT: fixed size! You're a lifesaver Integer Mova !

Last edited:
Sunfished Sorry to tell you, but your submission's size is too small. The design is a cutie, though. It resembles a candy wrapper. Maybe you could increase the resolution to 320x320, which is the required minimum. ;)

Final Submission

Say hello to baby fluffle :3
In the wild it uses its ribbons to hold on to its mother as shown here it also uses them to swing from trees. I feel like Kerfluffle looks like a primeate so I designed this thing to do what primates do (mainly monkeys) so I wanted to give it something it can use to interact with its surroundings and the idea of ribbons came to me. Now onto its interactions with humans >:O People use its ribbons to wear it like a backpack. Parents usually give it to their children as a little plushie. They behave like puppies btw :P

Supporting Art:
Mamma Fluffle
Doing Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)