CAP 3 CAP 3 Art Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Hahaha, I like that design, too, although the fire seems a bit unnecessary. I would rather have its arms become fire-blasting cannons (removing all fire in the design), that somewhat resemble Blastoise's.

Hot Damn...Elagune, that is the win there. I'm glad you added a tail onto the revise Wood-saurian design as well as arm cannons. The new version now remind me of BurnerMan from the MegaMan NT series.

Those last two remind me of a mythical beast and a tribal warrior. I don't which I like best, they're both so awesome.

Blu's design are pretty cool too! Could you color them?

Wow. That's amazing. Do you plan on revising the "Gentle Giant" as well? If it's anything like this revision, it could end up truely epic as well.
Haha, thanks. I realized that the first design was a little bland, and a bit of a hard fit to something that fights with Special, so I decided to take the advice of the good people on this thread and changed it around a bit. I added in the grass skirt because I thought it should look like something that conjured the image of flammable things being used as fuel for a fire, which the dark brown wood added to perfectly.

As for the Gentle Giant, I think I will. The clubs are rather strange. I don't know what I was thinking when I gave it that.

It seems like my creations have all been named, and appropriately too. Woodman, Gentle Giant, and Little Fire/Grass Weavile/Pixie thing. Saves me the work of having to name them myself, which is a good thing. :naughty:

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Well, if you're revising the Gentle Giant, I will give instant support to that if it comes out well. It is truly my favorite design.

Keep up the good work!

I forgot to mention, I do take liking in Blu's illustrations, but they seem to remind me too much of Halloween. I guess it would make this Pokemon a nice choice for Halloween teams, though? =D

Haha, great to see all this feedback on my designs. I realized that a lot of the sentiment amongst you guys was that the Woodman design, as you guys have named it, looks more like a physical wall than anything else and wanted flamethrowers on the arms.

Here is my offering.

Any thoughts?
If I was into ATP I'd choose this Pokemon... It is the sex...

Wow. The Woodman revision is perfect. I really like it, and the tail was a nice add, it really improves its overall look. The only thing I could do without is the skirt, but at least it fits the picture. Maybe later it could be a gender difference(females get the skirt, males don't). Good job. I would have loaded a design if I had a scanner. :(

It's only a little weird because that pose only shows two. If you look at the original, there are at least three. The original looks more like lava geysers than rockets.

It keeps making me think Grovyle met with Magmortar.

It's nice and certainly has a lot of character, but I just don't see where the lizardman comes from. As obvious and almost cliched as it would be, I think something more simplistic in approach, like a burning Tiki, would be the best way to go. It's not over the top extravagant, but has its own unique flavor and fits the typing to a T. It would also match the current direction the actual development is going, giving us a bulky and slow magical idol. From what I see in that drawing, I can imagine you giving something very basic a lot of character. I mean, just look at the first generation. Nearly all Pokemon were just derived from an existing animal, and they all had so much character that they're etched into your brain forever.

This is pwnage. A few suggestions:

-Make the cannons stand out more.

-Make the flames more pronounced.

-Make it more bulky, but not so that you can't see the litheness underneath.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The wooden armor one is my favorite by far. The two versions you made both have different advantages over each other. I like how you added some character in the second one, but at the same time, I think the original has an intimidation factor that is really cool.

This is pwnage. A few suggestions:

-Make the cannons stand out more.

-Make the flames more pronounced.

-Make it more bulky, but not so that you can't see the litheness underneath.
Hmm, thanks for the review.

About the cannons, honestly I don't want them to take over the picture. Although they are a little underwhelming right now, I wanted to focus a bit more on the other parts of its body as well.

As for the flames, in my vision they're similar to Blastoise's cannon, only there when they are in use. I didn't really want to do two seperate pictures, so I suppose I can only clarify it now.

As for the bulky and litheness thing, I admit that I screwed up here. I wanted it to be a bit more bulky, but somewhere along the way it must've come out a little wrong. But this will probably be the last time I revise it, unless a lot of people have a problem with this design.

Thanks for your time. Trust me, your comments have been thought over.

Hmm, thanks for the review.

No problem.

About the cannons, honestly I don't want them to take over the picture. Although they are a little underwhelming right now, I wanted to focus a bit more on the other parts of its body as well.

I was thinking the arm cannons, as well as the back ones. Think Rhyperior, with fold out shoulder mounted cannons.

As for the flames, in my vision they're similar to Blastoise's cannon, only there when they are in use. I didn't really want to do two seperate pictures, so I suppose I can only clarify it now.

Ah, i see. I'd still think it would be nice to have some sort of Smoke or black soot coming out to signify smouldering inside.

As for the bulky and litheness thing, I admit that I screwed up here. I wanted it to be a bit more bulky, but somewhere along the way it must've come out a little wrong. But this will probably be the last time I revise it, unless a lot of people have a problem with this design.

Think Like a nunchuck: Segmented. Bulky like trunks, but segmented all over.

Thanks for your time. Trust me, your comments have been thought over.
This is pwnsome art. Truly. I'm just giving some feedback that would make it look even more pwnsome than it already is <3

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Elagune, I LOVE this one. I agree that the cannons should not be emphasized; the beauty of it is in its body.

I might recommend removing the logs you have on its forearms and replacing it with just nothing there, like just the forearms.

I love the whole wooden armor thing to emphasize its Grass Type.

A+ from me, my favorite in this thread so far. It seems like you actually combined some of the 2nd and 3rd ones for this, which is cool.

Hmm. An area where you could submit ideas for how the Grass/Fire Type would look like? I do have an idea myself, though I'm unable to draw and post my drawings up, so I'll have to show you guys one of the inspirations for what my appearance submission would've looked like.

Remember this enemy from Super Mario World? It's called a Volcano Lotus, and it spits out fireballs as its only form of attack.

There was also a Yu-gi-oh monster card that I saw that was called "Firegrass," though sadly, I couldn't find any images of the card online.

Anyways, I'd imagine a Pokémon that looks somewhat like the Volcano Lotus to fit the theme well, what with it being a plant that spews fire like a volcano.

Elagune, I LOVE this one. I agree that the cannons should not be emphasized; the beauty of it is in its body.

I might recommend removing the logs you have on its forearms and replacing it with just nothing there, like just the forearms.

I love the whole wooden armor thing to emphasize its Grass Type.

A+ from me, my favorite in this thread so far. It seems like you actually combined some of the 2nd and 3rd ones for this, which is cool.
QFT

I agree more cannons would ruin it's beauty and removing the logs on it's forearms would make it alot less physical/bulky looking

That's the one. Thanks. I'll post this as well in picture format now. (Sorry if the picture's a bit big.)

I also found this picture of another burning plant to maybe serve as another source of inspiration:

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hyra, I think it is the huge blunt type wooden things on his forearms that is making us think that Elagune's recent contribution is physical.

I think with those gone, the "perception" would be gone, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)