CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 11 (Name Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I haven't posted here since the Revenankh project started, but now that I'm done with college, I might start posting regularly.

Anyway, here's a couple suggestions:

Incendrake - Incendiary or incense + drake

Basilarmor - Basilisk + armor (doesn't refer to fire or grass unfortunately)

Charcloak - charcoal + oak

Ignitrodon - iguana, ignite + nitro (referring to the vents/jets on its back) + don suffix

Volocanus (vol-CAAN-us Long a sound)
Pyrest (PII-rest Long I)
Comodocann (CA-moo-doo-can shot a and long o. mispellling of Komodo and cannon.)
Volmodo (vol-MOOD-ooo Long o on end and middle.)

How are these? More to come.

Question: When do we submit names for the pre-evos? If it's right now, does it come as a "package deal" like the sprites do?

Just in case, here's my ideas for the two pre-evos to go with "Volcglade/Vulcgrove":

Volclet --> Volcleaf --> Vulcgrove/Volcglade

P.S.: If "Timburn" by FMC gets into the first post, hugs will be given. Plz?

How can Timburn not appear up there? It's just...awesome

Think of this...
Magikarp used Hydro Pump!
It's Super Effective!
Wild Timburn fainted.

TIIIIMBUUURNNN!!! (AKA Timber)

It's not super effective. Water is neutral on Fire/Grass. Besides, Magikarp can not learn Hydro Pump.

Unfortunately, as great as many of these names are, like with the sprites, all too many lack that Pokemon feeling.

I'm liking Timburn, a lot.

Playing off of the Trogdor reference, you can't get much better than Logdor the Burninator. >_>

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Timburn is a great name. I think I will be supporting that one.

Maybe Pyroak.

Well, I haven't posted here since the Revenankh project started, but now that I'm done with college, I might start posting regularly.

Anyway, here's a couple suggestions:

Incendrake - Incendiary or incense + drake

Basilarmor - Basilisk + armor (doesn't refer to fire or grass unfortunately)

Charcloak - charcoal + oak

Ignitrodon - iguana, ignite + nitro (referring to the vents/jets on its back) + don suffix
1. win
2. meh
3. win
4. win

I love your names, 3/4ths of them sound very catchy. Oh justin bailey, why you am so metroid?

Fozil - fogo and fuzil are the names for Fire and Guns in Portuguese respectively. I find that combining them gives an interesting effect.

1. win
2. meh
3. win
4. win

I love your names, 3/4ths of them sound very catchy. Oh justin bailey, why you am so metroid?
Thanks for the comment. Heh, I'm not a fan of the second one myself. I came up with Ashentile before, but then I looked back and saw that someone else had already suggested it a few pages ago. Had to come up with something to replace it.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
*snip* First Mariguana, now Coketile, anymore drug references, anyone?
Hempurn, Flarepot, Lucy in the Sky with Woodman, Hempoke (gl trying to figure out this one.), Shrooburn, and Acidburnizard. That enough?

FMC201180626 said:
Hydrac (Hy-dra-k)

Hydra (mythical creature), hydrogen, hypocaust (Roman heating system), dracaena (Greek plant) and dragon combined.
I think I will update this to Hydrake and Hydracan

Pire (Just a differentiation of Pyre)

Just a simple, legit and short name. I don't think we even have more than 10 Pokemon with a 4-character long or shorter name.

Only ones I can think of are Mew, Muk, Jynx, Abra, Onix, Natu, Xatu, Aron and Uxie. (Ho-Oh is 5 characters long)
The only 1-syllable name I can think of are Mew, Muk, Jynx and Gloom.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Please don't put Mariguana on the poll. It's funny and clever, and this ISN'T for appealing to kids. But it's just silly for an official name. Hell, why not name Palkia something related to penises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)