CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 8 (Art Poll 3)

Who's art should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Break the Mold-Click here to see the full post.
latinoheat said:
Name: Break the Mold

Description:
An OU viable pokemon that goes completely against the stereotypes of its typing.
Type: Rock

Offensive/Defensive Bias: Offensive 20-40
Physical/Special Bias: Special -20 and lower
Base Stat Rating: Very Good
Base Stats:90/60/65/120/70/130 Speed Last

This is the final poll! It all comes down to this: Who's artwork will be the face of CAP 5? Who knows? Only YOU can decide. Well, I can too but it counts the same as your vote. Anyway, standard clicky poll yada yada yada. One day time limit as per usual, winner takes all.

Your contestants are (in alphabetical order):

Caladbolg~/Skyshroud

CyzirVisheen

yourDeadGrandad

Also, if you're going to post in support of an artwork, can you guys try to back it up a bit more? I'd like this not to be a PC++ thread like the rest of the clicky polls.

I'm going to say this right now before I can sound biased - it'd be best to do a final poll, unless one person has a majority of the votes (meaning the most AND over 50%). It's quite possible that Z could win and Y come in second place, but all the X voters would have voted Y, or enough for Y to win head to head with Z. Yea....

Went with Cyzir because he's drawing is the only one I like among the three. I'm sad that Doug, Regi Ds, Lofty, and Wichu didn't make it. Caladbolg's Easter Island inspired creature is nicely design and I admit that it was cool when I first saw it, but it seem that most of the community are drawn to it like how flies are drawn to candle light; because it looks so damn good to resist regardless of the fact it might not be best for the project. I personally don't have anything against Cally as he did make a nice artwork and if my favorite doesn't win, I hope at least this one does.

YDG's drawing is pretty hard to describe without being offensive. It looks like something from Vectorman, but using magnetism to keep itself together. Now they are rocks that produce a strong magnetic pulse (like Magnetite) and could be easily used to describe how YDG design is able to keep it's form. Would it make it Steel type, not really since it's a mineral and one can alway say that minerals = Rock type, right?

Caladbolg~/Skyshroud all the way. I don't see why there should be a poll after this. These are the top 3, I think it would seem a bit overdone/repetitive if there was a poll after this. I still stand by Caladbolg's looking most like something you'd see in the game. The rest are all good pieces of artwork, but CyzirVisheen's looks really robotic I don't see anything on it that looks rock like imo, or even organic.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is the final poll guys, I'm not going to make a 4th poll just to narrow the field down to 2 pieces.

Yourdeadgrandad all the way.

Easter island man just looks like a guy in a suit - Not a pokemon.

I dont see the Rock association with the chess piece, either in the concept or the drawing.

Well I mean X-Act had a pretty big lead in the semi-final poll, but me/GT ended up winning, even if it was marginally. It's just going to be a fuck you to whoever gets second place, since it's very possible that another poll could have got them to first. Imo I would have just taken the top two from the last poll

tennisace

Well I mean X-Act had a pretty big lead in the semi-final poll, but me/GT ended up winning, even if it was marginally. It's just going to be a fuck you to whoever gets second place, since it's very possible that another poll could have got them to first. Imo I would have just taken the top two from the last poll
Thats the way the cookie crumbles? I don't really have much of a response to this, because it's a bit late for this now. The reason I didn't take 2 is because narrowing 7 to 2 is a bit much.

Just better to have < 50% of the community pissed off ya know ;). Consider it if things are especially close at least

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
CAP 6 Art Poll will be amazing. I saw the others Art Polls, and I noticed a improve in the Art Submission. This is a really good level of art. Sugimori must call Smogon. xD

Darn it, I can't vote because I've been infracted. :(

C'mon people YourDeadGrandad is the way to go. At of all it is the most physically frail and of all the final choices it is the only one where I could say PURE ROCK TYPE, and it's frame looks like it can back up that base 130 speed.

Cyzir's looks too steel and robotic. If I seen it at first glance I certainly would not think it is a rock type, where as all the other CAPS you can tell. Besides that I don't like the art plain and simple.

I decided to vote for yourDeadGrandad again. That one looks like a rock type the most to me. The others are still good though so I don't mind which one ends up winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)