CaP 6 Prevo: Cawdet Final Product

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hello guys, over the past 4 weeks or so we have crafted another baby to join our little league. I want to say a big thankyou to the CaP mods for helping me close polls/count them etc and generally keeping things on track, and all of you guys who helped submit, discuss and create Cawdet.

As my final act of leading this project I get to pick the Height and Weight of our little boid. With Cawmodore being 1.7 m (5' 07") and 37.0 kg (81.6 lbs); I have decided to go for something a lot smaller. Cawdet will be just 0.76 m (2' 06") and (even after being bouyed by people to make him stupidly heavy) just 25.0kg (55.1 lbs). I am merely basing this off of the artwork and a personally feeling, no more no less.

Without further ado I give you:

Name: Cawdet

Type: Steel/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye / Volt Absorb / Big Pecks
Stats: 35 HP / 72 Atk / 85 Def / 40 SpA / 55 SpD / 88 Spe (375 BST)
Movepool: Movepool Post
Evolves at level 33

0. Leer
0. Peck
5. Growl
9. Swift
13. Metal Claw
18. Screech
22. Wing Attack
26. Detect
31. Steel Wing
34. Belly Drum
38. Bullet Punch
42. Brine
45. Tailwind
49. Flash Cannon
53. Hurricane

Air Slash
Drill Peck
Metal Sound
Mirror Move
Pursuit
Quick Attack
Quick Guard
Razor Wind
Water Sport

TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Smack Down
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM48 - Round
TM58 - Sky Drop
TM62 - Acrobatics
TM67 - Retaliate
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM77 - Psych Up
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Pluck
TM90 - Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM94 - Rock Smash
HM02 - Fly
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength

Block
Drain Punch
Endeavor
Iron Head
Knock Off
Sky Attack
Sleep Talk
Snatch
Snore
Tailwind

Sprites:

Pokedex Entries:

Cawdet, the Deckhand Pokémon
Black: Instead of swimming for a meal, it waits on the seabed for hours and snatches fish that stray by.
White: It will waddle obliviously through hostile territory, unaware of the attacks that bounce off its metal plates.
BW2: These Pokémon work as a crew, happily doing the grunt work a Cawmodore leader commands.

As this is also my 1000th post I'd like to name some people that I have enjoyed talking to and people who I have made friends with over my time so far at Smogon.

Stellar for believing in me and making me a mod of Orange Islands and granting me my Researcher Badge, and generally being a top bloke.

All the guys from #OrangeIslands including the Australian contingent (Its_A_Random and MikeAU and some others but I dont know their forum names) who make my mornings that much better. Some of you I know better than others, but you are all great and have helped foster a really great little IRC community. Hulavuta , SuperJOCKE and elcheeso all deserve seperate mentions for being helpful and good people to talk to :)

Jimera0 (and friends) and TheMantyke who I have been regularly hosting streams with for the last few months and making Friday evenings hilarious. I can't remember the amount of times I have been unable to speak through laughing at some of the stupid stuff which comes up! I am looking forward to the start of Jimera's randomizer! Also thankyou all for supporting my accent!

And finally, not forgetting all the great people here in CaP. Thankyou mostly to paintseagull for helping me with the art entries with this Prevo, and all the other mods + darkie for closing/moving polls into the right places and keeing the CaP Forum nice and neat while I was trying to make it messy with threads out the wazoo.

After 1000 posts and being here for over 5 years I believe I have finally found a good place here in Smogon. I love the community and a lot of the people it contains, and I love helping out the newer users (a shoutout to #Mentor [especially FireMage <3] there). Here's to 1000 more posts and more laughs and great times :) Also I am sorry if I forgot anyone else! :o You are all great! ... Except you DetroitLolcat :P

Last edited:
Congrats on your 1000th post, DHR-107!

Cawdet is adorable. I'm glad I could at least participate in terms of voting, even if I was too lazy to submit anything.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It was fun to me to finally be able to participate in a CAP project, and the end prevo-product is amazing.

I think I have noticed a typo when it comes to the moves, however.

jas61292 said:
So, as you may notice here, this movepool is practically identical to Cawmodore's. The only differences at all are that Hyper Beam and Giga Impact were removed, and the level up levels were altered.
Somehow, throughout the entire movepool process and even now, Hyper Beam and Giga Impact have accidentally remained on the list. Not a huge problem, but I noticed it while going through and coding Cawdet for a private server.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah... somehow I managed to use a bunch of words to convince people to vote for Cawmodore's exact movepool for Cawdet. Completely accidentally. How did that happen, lol?

Anyways, lots of fun as always. Good contributions all around.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus
Yeah... somehow I managed to use a bunch of words to convince people to vote for Cawmodore's exact movepool for Cawdet. Completely accidentally. How did that happen, lol?.
jas61292 confirmed for using mind control on the cap populace.

In other news:

Deep sea boid.

Really though, cawdet is adorable and turned out great. Maybe not quite heavy enough, but good nonetheless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)