CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 14b - Sprite Poll 2

Which sprite should we use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Aragornbird's backsprite is better than Wyveri's.
Anyway, she is a good spriter [and totally overruned her rival in the last poll xD].

I'm voting Aragornbird.

Voting aragornbird.

Wyverii's has a few things I can't get over;
- The colour. Yeah I said it. I don't know what types I'd guess at in-game, but it wouldn't be ghost/steel...
-It's too complex. Some of the shading/fur effect looks too fancy for the cartoonish D/P/Pt sprites. Examples include the tail of the front sprite, and the neck/right of the back sprite.

finally, the #1 reason I didn't vote for it....

-The mouthless face looks like a Moomin.

Don't get me wrong, its an incredible sprite, I just don't think it 'fits' as well.

The voting is very difficult. May I say, however, both people have put up an excellent set of sprites! Great work, people!

Still... I have to choose only one... and I shall choose Wyverii.

Wyverii is definitely my favorite. Aragornbird's sprite is great, amazing even, but Wyverii's sprite is just the best. Doug said it better than I ever could.

Wyverii's back sprit is amazingly supreme, but the regular looks too... playful for me. It's not gonna do anything except play with a ball of yarn while you shoot a flamethrower at it, Aragon's looks more... prepared?

Edit: Just a comedy edit, I'm not much of a UofM (University Of Michigan) fan, so the Blue/Yellow doesn't appeal to me much. Go MSU.

Oh crap. In that case, Wyverii would lose out on all of OSU's fans here. haha

Anyway, what Doug said regarding Wyverii's sprites is the same way I feel too...only he said it much better than I would ever hope to.

Aragornbird, I think your sprite is fantastic as well. Great job on it.

I liked aragornbird's better. His color (yes that is an important factor, all you people gushing for the yellow shiny who go right around to say that color doesn't matter should be kicking yourselves) and front pose are IMO better.

Wyv's is detailed to the point where it is incongruent with the spriting found in pokemon. I've never seen a fur lighting pattern even close to that style. ara's isn't innocent either, but it is closer.

Really bummed Wyverii isnt winning. I voted for him but i wouldnt mind seeing Aragorn's just because they are equally as good, just not my taste.

Anyway, voted Wyverii

When I looked at the sprites, I'm looking at the poses. Specifically, which one looks more like it will attack. This is the main reason why I went with aragornbird.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Really bummed Wyverii isnt winning. I voted for him but i wouldnt mind seeing Aragorn's just because they are equally as good, just not my taste.

Anyway, voted Wyverii
Her, actually.

Voted Wyv.

Two of the best sprites in CaP history in one poll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)