CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 9 - Art Poll 4

Which design?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so closely torn between Elegy and Doug. I think I'll just have to vote Elegy in the end, for as close as it is, Elegy's conveys that ghostly sense just a tad more than Doug. Sorry, Doug. I think your artwork is amazing, it was just missing that one last flair.

I think that a lot of people realize that we are voting for our favorite ARTWORK, not what we think, 'looks like' a pokemon, which isn't really defined anyway. (we have everything from Spinda to Dragons people, come on) There isn't really any precedence for artwork having to matter is really any aspect of pokemon design. And as much as someone says, "Well, this doesn't look like a steel," and, "This doesn't look like a ghost," it really doesn't make a difference. THIS CAN GO BOTH WAYS. I'd hate to see the next poll's results skewed by the fact that people are swayed by irrelevant factors such as this.

So, come on guys, let's vote for our favorite art.

And as much as someone says, "Well, this doesn't look like a steel," and, "This doesn't look like a ghost," it really doesn't make a difference.
Actually, it kind of does, otherwise one could argue that Heatran's design is fitting for a grass-type or Gengar's design for an electric type.

Actually, it kind of does, otherwise one could argue that Heatran's design is fitting for a grass-type or Gengar's design for an electric type.
The picture is deceiving but it "sometimes" matters, I mean look at Sudowoodo, at first glance it's actually a grass type and if you attempt to use a fire move at it, it's actually a rock type.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
They're not, though, are they?

Currently, we're in a kind of gray area. "Is it? Or no?" To be honest, if I held out a Skeleton Pokemon and asked you to name its type, you'd have to be an idiot not to say Ghost. :/ There are people who say that, though, but it's all opinion-based anyways. That's just it: opinion. Something to me looks like something else to you, so... when we're all looking through different lenses, that's when it doesn't matter.

The picture is deceiving but it "sometimes" matters, I mean look at Sudowoodo, at first glance it's actually a grass type and if you attempt to use a fire move at it, it's actually a rock type.
Although, that is the whole point of Sudowoodo, to have appearance that defies typing.

The real question is to which side the former Caladbolg voters will swing.

As for me, I don't like the idea of a pokemon that looks like the remains of something human. Implies a connection there that shouldn't be.

To be honest, if I held out a Skeleton Pokemon and asked you to name its type, you'd have to be an idiot not to say Ghost. :/
I'd say Dark, actually. Especially for Doug's skeleton.

Not that I care, I still like it a lot. Not as much as Elegy's though.

I'd say Dark, actually. Especially for Doug's skeleton.
Especially since it looks like something that would have a weakness to fighting rather than be immune to it.

Still, ultimately, if Doug's design does win, I will be a little annoyed but I can live with it.

Well it is getting close and i don't know if there will be any more voters; in the last poll there was a total of 271 at the moment there's been 290.
There may be one or two more people to vote but i'd think that Elegy has just got away with the win.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm not quite sure how people can equate a skeleton with Dark, but the point was that opinions differ here, so how each person feels the art looks like (Pokemon or not, Ghost/Steel or not, etc.) isn't really all that.

Anyhow, the end is in sight!

Elegy of Emptiness
DougJustDoug

Will move onto the last poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)